News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

One size fits all type of jacket, NICE

BU07 LGO

Quote from: 2900 on June 29, 2015, 11:14:23 AM
One size fits all type of jacket, NICE

Can imagine that will go down well lol

Other Walsall Tony

In the book 'Silence of Trolleybuses' by Robert Jowitt there is a photo taken in Walsall bus station circa 1964, showing two trolley bus crews. One driver looks like a Teddy boy and both conductors have their Setright ticket machines hanging off their hips in the usual Walsall manner. The caption? 'Walsall crews far from immaculate'!  It was ever thus... At least until Platinum.
Tony

Kevin

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 29, 2015, 11:02:56 AM
A few of the older drivers wear them anyway, the 51 drivers aren't been given platinum uniform as they won't be on them unless they do overtime, which apparently they are keeping a spare jacket at the garage for!!

Yeah I get that, well used to some of the older drivers dressing smarter, christ they've always been like that I remember them going to school.
But this guy was younger. I dunno. Maybe his personal preference I just figured with Platinum buses en route soon etc...
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

BU07 LGO

Did it say platinum on it?

Luckily mine hasn't turned up yet :D

Other Walsall Tony

Have not seen any B10Ls today.  Did they finish on the 30th?
Tony

Trident 4609

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on July 01, 2015, 11:27:01 AM
Have not seen any B10Ls today.  Did they finish on the 30th?

Yes, 1446 left Wolverhampton on the 39 not long ago.

WMT3000

1421 is on the 4. Left walsall 5/10 mins ago.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on June 29, 2015, 12:12:08 PM
In the book 'Silence of Trolleybuses' by Robert Jowitt there is a photo taken in Walsall bus station circa 1964, showing two trolley bus crews. One driver looks like a Teddy boy and both conductors have their Setright ticket machines hanging off their hips in the usual Walsall manner. The caption? 'Walsall crews far from immaculate'!  It was ever thus... At least until Platinum.

Far from immaculate? Haha
You should see the drivers uniform standards today!
I think they should reinstate the mirrors in the corridors at BC and YW..,
"Clean shaven
Combed hair
Tie
Brushed jacket
Tucked in shirt
Polished shoes"
I think certain staff will benefit.

Although thinking about it, I didn't much care for the uniform either in my day. Can't blame them, when most the stuff doesn't even fit, and the shirts are more like tents! Its as if they expect all drivers to be portly so they give a wider waist on the shirts.. Pah, time for some tailoring for some lads methinks.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

MW

Quote from: Liverpool Street on July 01, 2015, 03:37:35 PM
"Clean shaven
Combed hair
Tie
Brushed jacket
Tucked in shirt
Polished shoes"

Although thinking about it, I didn't much care for the uniform either in my day. Can't blame them, when most the stuff doesn't even fit, and the shirts are more like tents! Its as if they expect all drivers to be portly so they give a wider waist on the shirts.. Pah, time for some tailoring for some lads methinks.

YW and AG have those mirrors, or at least 1 anyway.

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: MW on July 01, 2015, 06:07:30 PM
YW and AG have those mirrors, or at least 1 anyway.

I doubt if Walsall ever had such a thing, or Wolverhampton for that matter!
Tony

Tony

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on July 01, 2015, 07:18:50 PM
I doubt if Walsall ever had such a thing, or Wolverhampton for that matter!

No, they are a Birmingham City Transport thing, All BCT garage have/had them

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Liverpool Street on July 01, 2015, 03:37:35 PM
"Clean shaven
Combed hair
Tie
Brushed jacket
Tucked in shirt
Polished shoes"

I let all appearance go today, I was literally dying in that cab! Had fans on full which just seemed to blow warm air at me and shirt untucked and half unbuttoned haha

On a day as hot and humid as the 1st of July screw the uniform its stifling in the cab of a Gemini all fans blew out warm air come winter it,ll be cold as usual.

MW

Quote from: 2900 on July 02, 2015, 10:41:23 AM
On a day as hot and humid as the 1st of July screw the uniform its stifling in the cab of a Gemini all fans blew out warm air come winter it,ll be cold as usual.

Something that worked in 4661, (which doesn't have the add on fan thing), just leave the window open then every few minutes blast the built in fans to cold and they blew cold air for around a minute. Then switch off again and keep doing its every so often, it was nice lol. If you just left it on it got warm after at most a minute.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk