News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: 2900 on June 27, 2015, 09:33:48 AM
Tony: great shots from ADL,s Falkirk factory, are  the chassis still built in Guildford at the Dennis plant or has everything been intregated at Falkirk dand Scarborough sites.

Mostly Guildford, but they have got a chassis assembly shop at Falkirk

Squiz1971

Quote from: Tony on June 27, 2015, 10:23:36 AM
Mostly Guildford, but they have got a chassis assembly shop at Falkirk
I don't fancy travelling on 6729/34/46 as their bodies are missing vital bits especially 6734 & 6746 at the moment ;D ;). It's nice to see pictures of how the buses are built. I gather Falkirk is a massive factory judging by the pictures. Be nice to see them on the road in Walsall/Brum when completed & delivered after the 2 week break at ADL

Tony

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 26, 2015, 09:44:35 PM
About 5 or 6 platinums now been delivered to Walsall! Presuming tony will have pics up imminently!

Only four of them arrived, 6719-22

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Tony on June 27, 2015, 08:06:19 PM
Only four of them arrived, 6719-22

I had a little look inside, they look much better in person. The new car/bus smell is soo strong!

Ashley 60171

Just looked at lynx1103's pic of 4763. What's happening with 2685? It's looking a bit sorry for itself.

MW

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 27, 2015, 10:25:17 PM
I had a little look inside, they look much better in person. The new car/bus smell is soo strong!

It's strong in the 200s too! I had a in depth look at one today, was going to take pictures of the interior for @Liberator9 but I didn't have enough time. They've got two seats behind the driver like the Scanias, but the passengers can't see the driver so that's good!

Liberator9

@MW

Thanks for thinking about doing that - don't worry, can wait till they come out in service  :) Bet the drivers are pleased about that - that's the one thing I wouldn't like about Scanias if I was a driver is the partial transparent cab wall.

andyr

If your doing nothing wrong why a problem with passengers seeing you. They can all see you through the interior mirror anyway

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: MW on June 28, 2015, 07:58:42 PM
It's strong in the 200s too! I had a in depth look at one today, was going to take pictures of the interior for @Liberator9 but I didn't have enough time. They've got two seats behind the driver like the Scanias, but the passengers can't see the driver so that's good!

I used to try to see the driver ! I was intrigued on how the driver drove the bus although it makes for quite the awkward ride, the passengers behind must have been thinking "What is this fool doing" ! You can imagine my joy when I seen the seats for the Enviro 400s !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

MW

Quote from: andyr on June 28, 2015, 10:53:01 PM
If your doing nothing wrong why a problem with passengers seeing you. They can all see you through the interior mirror anyway

Because I don't like being watched whilst working.

It's just personal preference. It's like having CCTV in your living room fed to, say the Council/Police.

It's not about doing something wrong or having something to hide, it's just don't watch me.

That's my personal view anyway.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: MW on June 28, 2015, 11:36:38 PM
Because I don't like being watched whilst working.

It's just personal preference. It's like having CCTV in your living room fed to, say the Council/Police.

It's not about doing something wrong or having something to hide, it's just don't watch me.

That's my personal view anyway.

The problem these days is that the E400s, B7Rles etc all have seats at the very front from which the driver can be viewed. Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done about it, it similar to the old DMUs on the railway. However, in that case, a driver could choose whether to drop the blind behind him, or all the blinds in his cab if he didn't want to be watched.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Gareth

Seats at the front are nothing new. Fleetlines, lynxes, nationals all had seats at the front facing the driver. And as a child they were always one of the best places to sit. Watching the driver changing gears on the Fleetlines always fascinated me.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Gareth on June 29, 2015, 12:20:55 AM
Seats at the front are nothing new. Fleetlines, lynxes, nationals all had seats at the front facing the driver. And as a child they were always one of the best places to sit. Watching the driver changing gears on the Fleetlines always fascinated me.

Oh yes happy memories of the fleetlines. Used to enjoy sitting on the D9s and watching the driver through the side window, brilliant.

I personally don't think drivers should worry about passengers watching them!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Kevin

Driver of 4863 on 51 out of town ~7:30 this morning was wearing a suit. In readiness for Platinum services per chance?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Kevin on June 29, 2015, 07:36:04 AM
Driver of 4863 on 51 out of town ~7:30 this morning was wearing a suit. In readiness for Platinum services per chance?

A few of the older drivers wear them anyway, the 51 drivers aren't been given platinum uniform as they won't be on them unless they do overtime, which apparently they are keeping a spare jacket at the garage for!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk