News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leewhayward29

wow i can't wait to see them in person, in walsall town centre.

What route/routes will be 1st with getting them?

Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

Mike K

Quote from: Chris on June 25, 2015, 11:00:13 PM
On the main site @Tony put pics of some of walsall platinums at falkirk. They look good, wonder what colour the branding will be. Im thinking a sky blue for X51 and maybe a red branding for the 934/5/6?

On MMC deliveries they have kept the same branding colours so far on the 50, 900 and 957 so I wonder whether 934/5/6 will stay green? This will be the third style of branding the 935 has had in only 4 years (short lived orange branding before the current one).

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Mike K on June 25, 2015, 11:39:32 PM
On MMC deliveries they have kept the same branding colours so far on the 50, 900 and 957 so I wonder whether 934/5/6 will stay green? This will be the third style of branding the 935 has had in only 4 years (short lived orange branding before the current one).

I remember the orange one. Maybe a yellow branding of some sort? Red for 997?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Kevin

Well, the X51's branding was similar to the 51 blue and the 93x similar to the 33 green, which made sense.
But as it all seems to be an interworking nightmare at the moment I'd actually put money on lumping them all together in one "express" brand
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

arrifirststage

Quote from: Kevin on June 26, 2015, 07:54:44 AM
Well, the X51's branding was similar to the 51 blue and the 93x similar to the 33 green, which made sense.
But as it all seems to be an interworking nightmare at the moment I'd actually put money on lumping them all together in one "express" brand
As usual,there seems to be more discussion and energy spent on branding suggestions.
A better idea is to scrap all branding ,put the fleet into one livery and use the resources saved into improving important things.

BU07 LGO

As it stands everything inter works with each other including normal 51!

Routes inter working blind changes back in 98-00 at hockley garage the union  and the then management came to an agreement for the 128/129 where the driverscould just blank the rear blind off rather than just leave 12 8 and 9 in between, personally I hated changing the rear blind asking people to move.

Trident 4609

4864 just passed me on the A4124 Lichfield Rd with an engineer driving. It pulled out of Linthouse Lane so i presume it had visited Park Lane depot.

BU07 LGO

About 5 or 6 platinums now been delivered to Walsall! Presuming tony will have pics up imminently!

CL

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 26, 2015, 09:44:35 PM
About 5 or 6 platinums now been delivered to Walsall! Presuming tony will have pics up imminently!
@BU07 LGO - Well, judging by what's on the main site tonight, with no 'courtesy of' photos, I'm guessing Tony's a bit further north than Walsall, at the moment. lol  ;)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 26, 2015, 09:44:35 PM

And don't expect any more for three weeks. There is nothing wrong and the break is planned. The Falkirk plant still has a fortnight 'industrial holiday break' so production stops, although conspiracy theorists and ill-informed will no doubt think that there is something delaying them.

Tony

Quote from: clayderman on June 26, 2015, 10:34:48 PM
@BU07 LGO - Well, judging by what's on the main site tonight, with no 'courtesy of' photos, I'm guessing Tony's a bit further north than Walsall.

No, those photos were dated yesterday, the photo of the Farid white coach is the one dated today, parked outside 1 lancaster Circus where I work

CL

Quote from: Tony on June 26, 2015, 10:36:46 PM
No, those photos were dated yesterday, the photo of the Farid white coach is the one dated today, parked outside 1 lancaster Circus where I work
Apologies for not checking the date stamp. Any reason why they wasn't place in the correct date? It looks like the main site could've accommodated for another three photos... ???

On the other hand, they are great photos. It gives us an insight to what bus manufacturers look like from the inside.  :)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: clayderman on June 26, 2015, 10:41:02 PM
Apologies for not checking the date stamp. Any reason why they wasn't place in the correct date? It looks like the main site could've accommodated for another three photos... ???

On the other hand, they are great photos. It gives us an insight to what bus manufacturers look like from the inside.

Perhaps it was because I had been to Falkirk on a day trip and was tired when I got home and couldn't be bothered to put every photo taken on!

Tony: great shots from ADL,s Falkirk factory, are  the chassis still built in Guildford at the Dennis plant or has everything been intregated at Falkirk and Scarborough sites.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk