News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on June 23, 2015, 08:49:26 PM
4764 delivered to Coventry today, 4763 finished at Walsall, 4766 being repanelled, two more to go in in the next week, and the rest that are going to Coventry aren't far behind, don't just guess what is being done by what has been done in the past

So they should be retrimmed in the next 3 weeks?

CL

Quote from: Tony on June 23, 2015, 08:49:26 PM
4764 delivered to Coventry today, 4763 finished at Walsall, 4766 being repanelled, two more to go in in the next week, and the rest that are going to Coventry aren't far behind, don't just guess what is being done by what has been done in the past
These were, by far, my favourite buses, when new. Although, I was, and have always been quite skeptical about the Premier 997 branding with the NX Brand. It looked a little too plain for a 'high-profile' route... If anything, I would've guessed the (now former) YW Enviros would be transferred to Coventry. What with it's light blue interior, it really would've suited the livery well, if not better, in my opinion.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Liberator9

Personally prefer the fabric - have high backed leather on my route and don't like them - NX's seats are much better for back support and comfort. Walsall really are working flat out - doing a great job as well on the repaints of the E400s.

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 23, 2015, 08:52:44 PM
So they should be retrimmed in the next 3 weeks?

Sometimes I think I am fighting a losing battle.....No! The will be retrimmed when they are repainted in Coventry colours, so while they will be going into the paintshop as soon as Walsall can spare them, they will still take the usual amount of time before they re-appear

Ossie

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but .... noted FJ11GKA on the Aston Expressway today.  This was one of the six ex-Whittle National Express liveried coaches that went "on loan" to Walsall and was fleet-numbered 9087 by NXWM.  Just wondering - are they still "on loan" to NXWM, or have they since moved on to another company?

winston

Quote from: Ossie on June 23, 2015, 11:22:53 PM
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but .... noted FJ11GKA on the Aston Expressway today.  This was one of the six ex-Whittle National Express liveried coaches that went "on loan" to Walsall and was fleet-numbered 9087 by NXWM.  Just wondering - are they still "on loan" to NXWM, or have they since moved on to another company?

Yes they are still on loan to NXWM working former Whittle's NX diagrams

Tony posted a picture of 87 FJ11GKA on the 19th June
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/0116-0422/87.html

Ossie

Ah, brilliant - thanks, Winston!  :)

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Tony on June 23, 2015, 08:33:19 PM
4763-4776 are all identical interiors, once they have been retrimmed

The seats are a different shape on 4763-7 compared to the ex997 ones

BU07 LGO

Quote from: clayderman on June 23, 2015, 08:57:34 PM
These were, by far, my favourite buses, when new. Although, I was, and have always been quite skeptical about the Premier 997 branding with the NX Brand. It looked a little too plain for a 'high-profile' route... If anything, I would've guessed the (now former) YW Enviros would be transferred to Coventry. What with it's light blue interior, it really would've suited the livery well, if not better, in my opinion.

4763-7 hsve light blue plastic, 4768-76 have grey and blue poles :)

CL

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 24, 2015, 06:22:34 AM
4763-7 hsve light blue plastic, 4768-76 have grey and blue poles :)
Yet, am I right in saying all of them had the rear grill, above the display?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Mike K

Quote from: clayderman on June 24, 2015, 05:47:12 PM
Yet, am I right in saying all of them had the rear grill, above the display?

Yes it was an 'air chill' system similar to those fitted to TfL spec vehicles I believe. Not now in use on any of them any more from what I've read.

Tony

leewhayward29

Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

Tony

Quote from: leewhayward29 on June 24, 2015, 07:46:38 PM
can't wait to see them.

Might be some photos of them on the main site tomorrow

leewhayward29

Quote from: Tony on June 24, 2015, 07:51:35 PM
Might be some photos of them on the main site tomorrow

I thought they was coming late July
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk