News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Quote from: Bob on November 04, 2014, 12:24:52 AM
Are the leather seated enviros not used on the 997 anymore? ??

I think the allocation of the X51/997 is a mix of Geminis and Enviros
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Bob

Ah so in a way the original 997 Gemini are back on the route they were bought for :)

Bob

Nice to see a B10L on 301s today.  Well kept as well and pretty nippy still

Bob

Also saw one heading to town with 313 dudley on destination blind!  P436 JJW possibly

lynx1103

1434 is on 311/313 today

And was on 301 yesterday

notepanel

1759 recently back from its stint at WN now appears to have 'Super X' (or whatever the term is!) displays.

It was on the 29 yesterday, which had a thick B and 'curly' l's & 302 today with similar styling.

Westy

No 313 659am from Walsall this morning.
Everyone had to pile on the 709 311 which was slightly late anyway!

domino.99

do the WA Omnilinks have a door pedal or not?

Westy

A B7Lre broken down on the Nx 301 stand in Walsall BS this morning.

(Forgot number)

The Real 4778

Not sure if this has been posted before, and it could be posted to a more appropriate place, I guess, but in the course of my work today I came across this little beauty:

Don't you start.

Tony

To show how good the Volvo B7/Eclipse combination can be, today all 38 7 year old Eclipse were allocated to service this morning peak, not one was under maintenance, which itself is excellent for any large batch of 7 year old buses, but up until now only one has had to be taken off service, 1782 on the 41 and this was immediately replaced in Walsall bus station and was not an actual breakdown.

Carrying on from that with the Volvo/Wright combination Walsall also sent all 14 remaining B10L out in service today, 12 covering all running boards on the 34/38/39 and two on the 301, again not one has broken down or had to be changed with all 14 still out in service at 18:00. 100% record for 17/18 year old buses.

Liberator9

Incredible work by WA, and a testament to the Wright/Volvo build quality - I think you mentioned a few weeks ago Tony how WA had managed once again to get all the Liberators out in service, with no breakdown. Interesting that despite their proven reliability, NX still decide to invest in ADL.

arrifirststage

Quote from: Tony on December 03, 2014, 06:24:12 PM
To show how good the Volvo B7/Eclipse combination can be, today all 38 7 year old Eclipse were allocated to service this morning peak, not one was under maintenance, which itself is excellent for any large batch of 7 year old buses, but up until now only one has had to be taken off service, 1782 on the 41 and this was immediately replaced in Walsall bus station and was not an actual breakdown.

Carrying on from that with the Volvo/Wright combination Walsall also sent all 14 remaining B10L out in service today, 12 covering all running boards on the 34/38/39 and two on the 301, again not one has broken down or had to be changed with all 14 still out in service at 18:00. 100% record for 17/18 year old buses.
This is really quite amazing........makes me wonder why different operators have different opinions about the same buses.Arriva Midlands for example have a similar batch of B7/Wright at leicester,but have never repeated it.
Is it to do with maintenance schedules,or favourable purchasing deals or some other reasons?

arrifirststage

This is really quite amazing........makes me wonder why different operators have different opinions about the same buses.Arriva Midlands for example have a similar batch of B7/Wright at leicester,but have never repeated it.
Is it to do with maintenance schedules,or favourable purchasing deals or some other reasons?

Mike K

The Wright Volvo B7RLE is indeed a mighty fine bus. I don't see why the newer versions, which are quiet, smooth and rattle free get such a bad press from some on here, they are excellent vehicles.

As it is we now have only giant mutant hair dryers to look forward to for the next 5 years.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk