News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wba_lad

Quote from: TGZac on April 05, 2024, 05:42:40 PMDoes anyone know why E004, E017 and E018 were swapped with some of the Zenobe spares?
Not sure, but I know they are or was parked at Coventry garage if they still are I'm not sure.

Tony

Quote from: TGZac on April 05, 2024, 05:42:40 PMDoes anyone know why E004, E017 and E018 were swapped with some of the Zenobe spares?
Because that's how the contract works.

Zenobe can swap out any vehicle they wish 

don

Quote from: Tony on April 05, 2024, 06:12:53 PMBecause that's how the contract works.

Zenobe can swap out any vehicle they wish

Im sure that, ultimately is the case, but I can't imagine this would happen without very good reason, and no doubt NXWM would be involved in that decision, if not instigate the discussion. No doubt the actual reasoning for this particular decision is commercial in confidence but I'd hazard a guess it would be something like the batteries deteriorating and causing maintenance/operational issues. 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Quote from: don on April 05, 2024, 06:41:29 PMIm sure that, ultimately is the case, but I can't imagine this would happen without very good reason, and no doubt NXWM would be involved in that decision, if not instigate the discussion. No doubt the actual reasoning for this particular decision is commercial in confidence but I'd hazard a guess it would be something like the batteries deteriorating and causing maintenance/operational issues.
No, Zenobe wanted three of the Z fleet into service. The three E buses are parked in Coventry garage yard fully operational with no defects.

don

Quote from: Tony on April 05, 2024, 06:49:48 PMNo, Zenobe wanted three of the Z fleet into service. The three E buses are parked in Coventry garage yard fully operational with no defects.
Ok - I'm v surprised - couldn't they be pressed into service somewhere (eg BC), replace Euro 6 and enable them to be cascaded to replace non Euro 6 somewhere? I guess there are many reasons why not, and if necessary could cover as maintenance spares at CV if necessary - presumably why they're stored there. 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Quote from: don on April 05, 2024, 07:05:11 PMOk - I'm v surprised - couldn't they be pressed into service somewhere (eg BC), replace Euro 6 and enable them to be cascaded to replace non Euro 6 somewhere? I guess there are many reasons why not, and if necessary could cover as maintenance spares at CV if necessary - presumably why they're stored there.
No again sorry, although parked at Coventry it is only because there's room to park them there, along with one of the Z buses, the other 4 Z buses are at Roberts. All are part of Zenobe's reserve now and if anyone wants to use them including NX then they have to pay Zenobe's spot hire fee. If they could be pressed into service anywhere then E163 upwards would be in service.

Stu

Quote from: Tony on April 05, 2024, 06:49:48 PMNo, Zenobe wanted three of the Z fleet into service. The three E buses are parked in Coventry garage yard fully operational with no defects.
That's reassuring to know.

I assume then that Zenobe just would like these 'spare' vehicles to just 'rack up' some service mileage rather than just being sat around doing nothing.

(I believe the phrase is "getting your money's worth out of them"!)

Presumably at some point then, Zenobe will recall the current three back from NX Bus, and then provide another three to do the same again.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: Tony on April 05, 2024, 07:22:37 PMNo again sorry, although parked at Coventry it is only because there's room to park them there, along with one of the Z buses, the other 4 Z buses are at Roberts. All are part of Zenobe's reserve now and if anyone wants to use them including NX then they have to pay Zenobe's spot hire fee. If they could be pressed into service anywhere then E163 upwards would be in service.
Is there any connection between Roberts & Zenobe? 

Tony

Quote from: winston on April 05, 2024, 09:50:10 PMIs there any connection between Roberts & Zenobe?
No, just Roberts have a huge secure piece of land and are willing to let people park buses there for a fee. Green Bus/Busworks have used them as well 

Straightlines

Seems to go unnoticed on here the currently unacceptable reliability of the 49 and 76 services caused by the constant breaking down of 20 year old Tridents.

I know the 'Electric buses are delayed' excuse will be wheeled out - but the question is How much longer will this daily farce go on at the expense of providing a reliable service for the public?

Tony

Quote from: Straightlines on April 23, 2024, 03:53:26 PMSeems to go unnoticed on here the currently unacceptable reliability of the 49 and 76 services caused by the constant breaking down of 20 year old Tridents.

I know the 'Electric buses are delayed' excuse will be wheeled out - but the question is How much longer will this daily farce go on at the expense of providing a reliable service for the public?

Yardley Wood generally lose around 0.5% of mileage due to engineering (breakdowns or No bus available) below the industry average. DVSA expect a minimum of 99% to run

Marge559

Quote from: Tony on April 23, 2024, 04:21:07 PMYardley Wood generally lose around 0.5% of mileage due to engineering (breakdowns or No bus available) below the industry average. DVSA expect a minimum of 99% to run
It would be interesting to know the figures specifically for the 49 and 76, as these are the routes the OP mentioned. Yesterday morning according to the tracking there were 3 buses missing on the 76. I know myself from waiting that the 11:26 journey from Q.E. failed to operate. I am also informed that 4609 was broken down at West Heath island earlier tonight. 
I don't have any red buses!

Tony

Quote from: Marge559 on April 23, 2024, 09:05:08 PMIt would be interesting to know the figures specifically for the 49 and 76, as these are the routes the OP mentioned. Yesterday morning according to the tracking there were 3 buses missing on the 76. I know myself from waiting that the 11:26 journey from Q.E. failed to operate. I am also informed that 4609 was broken down at West Heath island earlier tonight.
Not all 'missing journies' are breakdowns. YW had two vandalism broken windows yesterday 

mesub

QuoteNot all 'missing journies' are breakdowns. YW had two vandalism broken windows yesterday

It can happen on any route, but I've experienced (and posted!) about this on the 76, so yes these are alos other factors.

There's also RTCs (like BC 6852 today, but that would bring this thread off topic).
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Lukeee

Quote from: Marge559 on April 23, 2024, 09:05:08 PMIt would be interesting to know the figures specifically for the 49 and 76, as these are the routes the OP mentioned. Yesterday morning according to the tracking there were 3 buses missing on the 76. I know myself from waiting that the 11:26 journey from Q.E. failed to operate. I am also informed that 4609 was broken down at West Heath island earlier tonight.
In addition to this there are certain buses that don't track on bustimes so it could look like certain journeys are not running when in fact they are, not saying this is what has happened in this instance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk