News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Gates

Started by Kevin, July 10, 2018, 05:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

What are people's opinions on bus gates being installed? There's a few places I would consider them to be useful.

The Deer's Leap in Pheasey is one that's screaming out to me, a bus gate across the Queslett Road would allow the 33 to cross and better serve the Doe Bank area leaving the 997 to use main roads.
Also across Cuckoo Road for the 66 to and from Star City, avoiding queues on Long Acre and the tight turn on Nechells Park Road

Any other suggestions?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

l.murphy123

I can think of 3 or 4 useless ones on the X51 to Birmingham. It usually moves into the other lane to avoid them.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Dom

Quote from: Kevin on July 10, 2018, 05:29:48 PM
What are people's opinions on bus gates being installed? There's a few places I would consider them to be useful.

The Deer's Leap in Pheasey is one that's screaming out to me, a bus gate across the Queslett Road would allow the 33 to cross and better serve the Doe Bank area leaving the 997 to use main roads.
Also across Cuckoo Road for the 66 to and from Star City, avoiding queues on Long Acre and the tight turn on Nechells Park Road

Any other suggestions?

Good if they work. The one in Tettenhall is broken more than it is working.

Tony

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 05, 2018, 01:30:42 AM
I can think of 3 or 4 useless ones on the X51 to Birmingham. It usually moves into the other lane to avoid them.

Birmingham's aren't useless, But Sandwell Council hasn't worked out the principles of what a bus gate is supposed to do, so the two in Sandwell are useless.

karl724223

And broad st is useless the amount of cars that use it

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Tony on August 05, 2018, 09:41:22 AM
Birmingham's aren't useless, But Sandwell Council hasn't worked out the principles of what a bus gate is supposed to do, so the two in Sandwell are useless.

The one on the Birmingham Road heading towards the Bell Inn is absolutely useless! Sometimes it's taken up to two minutes for that bus gate to change...By that time, the cars the bus were sat behind have already passed...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk