News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on June 26, 2020, 08:19:26 AM
All I have seen on the 2 are Solos but I am not in Cannock daily.  Yes, the emissions rule was relaxed.

Its been Darts most days. Is the 1 not likely to come back?

LazyGuy222

@Simon@Arriva Will you be reducing the service levels in Leicester considering the lockdown which will be happening here from Thursday and Saturday?

l.murphy123

Simon could you utilise one of the large poster frames at Cannock station (by the steps) for either the latest updates to service frequencies and/or a list of which services depart from which stand (including 67, 71, X51)? There used to be one there. I know there are destinations on the back of RTPI displays. Cheers.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on June 29, 2020, 10:01:34 PM
@Simon@Arriva Will you be reducing the service levels in Leicester considering the lockdown which will be happening here from Thursday and Saturday?

No we won't be reducing but we have postponed our planned increase that was due to start this weekend.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on June 30, 2020, 12:21:57 PM
Simon could you utilise one of the large poster frames at Cannock station (by the steps) for either the latest updates to service frequencies and/or a list of which services depart from which stand (including 67, 71, X51)? There used to be one there. I know there are destinations on the back of RTPI displays. Cheers.

I will ask marketing what is possible.

l.murphy123

@Simon@Arriva According to SCC following my FOI request they state one of the Sunday routes they are looking to reinstate is the number 1. Do you have much say over this? It would make much more sense for it to be the 2A as this would cover Cheslyn Hay, Landywood and Great Wyrley rather than just Wyrley.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 06, 2020, 03:35:24 PM
@Simon@Arriva According to SCC following my FOI request they state one of the Sunday routes they are looking to reinstate is the number 1. Do you have much say over this? It would make much more sense for it to be the 2A as this would cover Cheslyn Hay, Landywood and Great Wyrley rather than just Wyrley.

Hi

Not much sway on this.  The tender will come out and people will bid.  The County will put out what they want.  Sometimes we can propose alternatives but not always.

Bob

Are you even planning on bringing the 1 back anyway?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on July 06, 2020, 10:38:57 PM
Are you even planning on bringing the 1 back anyway?

The 1 is suspended due to Covid but the registration remains live.

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on July 07, 2020, 08:38:25 AM
The 1 is suspended due to Covid but the registration remains live.

Surely the longer its not running the less likely itll come back?

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on July 06, 2020, 04:53:02 PM
Hi

Not much sway on this.  The tender will come out and people will bid.  The County will put out what they want.  Sometimes we can propose alternatives but not always.

Thats interesting thanks. Do you agree the 2A would be more suitable? Especially given they used to fund the 2E so not sure why they chose the 1 in their intent.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 07, 2020, 04:30:55 PM
Thats interesting thanks. Do you agree the 2A would be more suitable? Especially given they used to fund the 2E so not sure why they chose the 1 in their intent.

Personal view, I think the 2 would be best option.

Depotosw

Hi Simon

Had this targeted email the other day (see below). Does the recent change of tone and capacity (excluding Leicester of course) suggest more general customers are been welcomed back? The same tone seems to be also been seen with other operators, First Kernow for example are putting summer frequencies back up for tourist routes routes with open tops from 12th July:

We have been closely following industry guidance on social distancing and from 8th July we will be changing our onboard seating guidance.

Please sit one per row unless travelling with a member of your own household.

This excludes Leicester and surrounding areas, where our current seating guidelines remain in place in line with the localised lockdown of the area.

To protect your fellow customers and our drivers you can also follow the below steps when travelling onboard:

- Please keep your face covering on for the entire journey. Face coverings must be worn onboard.

- Follow our no standing policy

- Pay by contactless or the app. Only use cash as a last resort and with exact fare only as our drivers cannot provide change.

- Please don't travel if you feel unwell

-  Face away from others when sitting onboard

Throughout the pandemic your and our employees' safety has been and continues to be our priority and we will continue to monitor our service levels in line with current demand and ongoing advice from public health bodies.

For more information please visit: arrivabus.co.uk

Stay safe

Arriva UK Bus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk