News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Hi @Simon@Arriva  is it possible for you to send hard copies of the 110 timetable to the Network West Midlands Travelshop in New Street Station. Also could you send hard copies of the 9 & 70 timetables to Wolverhampton's Network West Midlands Travelshop.

Please

You can disregard my comment about the 3/3A timetable for Walsall in my last but one post. As I have picked it up and they have got it in the NXWM Travelshop in Walsall. 

Thank you

Regards

Bus Man K2

47609FireFly

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on November 21, 2019, 05:41:05 PM
Should now be sorted.

As of Thursday (21/11/2019) 4200 was not sorted - it still had paper in the windscreen and was merrily trundling around routes 47/48.

Noted the same day, Solo 2571 was also in service, on route 49, with paper in the windscreen and a blank front sign.
The picture in the link below was snapped by me, at 1255 hours, on 22/11/2019, on Saffron Road and shows bus 4200, working the 1230 route 47 from the city centre, without working destination equipment and a paper in the windscreen:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJ-rl2sXUAA1OOB?format=jpg&name=medium

Looks like someone at Wigston depot has been telling porkie pies with regard to the faulted being 'sorted'. Running a bus in service in this condition for 8 days is a massive failing.

47609FireFly

To make matters worse, Solo 2571 was allocated to late route 44A on 22/11/2019, still without working destination displays. This shows utter contempt for bus users and demonstrates operational ineptitude. There would not have been any shortage of buses at the depot at that time of day. Running in the dark with a bit of paper in the windscreen is inexcusable. It's like jumping up and down, waving to the Traffic Commissioner, highlighting your own lack of compliance and begging to be taken to a P.I.

Why on earth are drivers taking these buses out in this condition? Makes me wonder if there's a culture of fear and intimidation at Wigston depot...

Bob

Hi Simon, what buses are next on any refurbishment programme for Cannock? The recently transferred Centro's are particularly poor and are a mainstay of the ex sapphire service. The 06 plate Commanders i think only two have been retrimmed. Are the 3 52 plate Commanders long term? Being 17 yrs old are they up for withdrawal soon?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: 47609FireFly on November 23, 2019, 12:31:44 AM
To make matters worse, Solo 2571 was allocated to late route 44A on 22/11/2019, still without working destination displays. This shows utter contempt for bus users and demonstrates operational ineptitude. There would not have been any shortage of buses at the depot at that time of day. Running in the dark with a bit of paper in the windscreen is inexcusable. It's like jumping up and down, waving to the Traffic Commissioner, highlighting your own lack of compliance and begging to be taken to a P.I.

Why on earth are drivers taking these buses out in this condition? Makes me wonder if there's a culture of fear and intimidation at Wigston depot...

Unfortunately the repairs so far have not worked and parts have had to be ordered.  I am expecting them repaired by Tuesday night at the latest.  Not a good situation at all.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on November 23, 2019, 01:51:43 PM
Hi Simon, what buses are next on any refurbishment programme for Cannock? The recently transferred Centro's are particularly poor and are a mainstay of the ex sapphire service. The 06 plate Commanders i think only two have been retrimmed. Are the 3 52 plate Commanders long term? Being 17 yrs old are they up for withdrawal soon?

One of the Centro's is in paint already and one has been retrimmed already.  We did not recieve them in a good state - one needs a new engine already as well.

Refurb plan for next year not agreed yet but if something really needs doing we will do it anyway.

Westy

@Simon@Arriva What's to stop another depot nabbing these vehicles, once they've  been refurbished etc, & Cannock gets more 'sub standard ' vehicles,  for want of a better phrase,  or have you been assured these vehicles are at their 'final ' home?

Let's face it, it's highly unlikely now Cannock is going to get new vehicles these days, unless your bosses have told you something we don't know?

Depotosw

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on November 25, 2019, 09:02:02 PM
One of the Centro's is in paint already and one has been retrimmed already.  We did not recieve them in a good state - one needs a new engine already as well.

Refurb plan for next year not agreed yet but if something really needs doing we will do it anyway.

A side note to this, I travelled on 3841 on the 74 on Saturday and whilst a nice vehicle, it was seriously let down by the very worn seat moquette, particularly sitting on the seat next to the emergency exit, it was that worn the underlining grey was more a feature, also did 3845/6 when they first came too and it was a similar case with those.

Could you confirm if the former Arriva Southern Counties sister vehicles, 3742/3/4 moved to join them to become 3842/3/4?

Thank you, Chris

Depotosw

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on November 11, 2019, 09:03:02 PM
I am not an expert but Midlands Saver Tickets should be accepted on Wrexham buses, but in reality I suspect their drivers wouldn't see many of these products.

The only Midlands tickets that would be valid along this corridor would be the West Midlands products and if a customer has one of these then they are more likely to be travelling outside of the Wrexham Local Zone towards Oswestry. If you are travelling wholly within the Wrexham Local Zone you would purchase a local product.

Thank you for the reply Simon, I know previously they were able to accept the tickets on the older machines via a 'Arriva Midlands' option after been shown it once by a driver when using a Midlands ticket on the common section of the 5. As a side note, can I say the English and Welsh bilingual notices applied internally to the Oswestry fleet are a very nice touch indeed.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on November 25, 2019, 09:13:43 PM
@Simon@Arriva What's to stop another depot nabbing these vehicles, once they've  been refurbished etc, & Cannock gets more 'sub standard ' vehicles,  for want of a better phrase,  or have you been assured these vehicles are at their 'final ' home?

Let's face it, it's highly unlikely now Cannock is going to get new vehicles these days, unless your bosses have told you something we don't know?

There is a fleet plan that I have a lot of input in to so I do have a say in what vehicles go where.  No plans to change the Cannock fleet any further at the moment.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Depotosw on November 26, 2019, 05:36:33 PM
A side note to this, I travelled on 3841 on the 74 on Saturday and whilst a nice vehicle, it was seriously let down by the very worn seat moquette, particularly sitting on the seat next to the emergency exit, it was that worn the underlining grey was more a feature, also did 3845/6 when they first came too and it was a similar case with those.

Could you confirm if the former Arriva Southern Counties sister vehicles, 3742/3/4 moved to join them to become 3842/3/4?

Thank you, Chris

I would have to check.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Depotosw on November 26, 2019, 05:40:40 PM
Thank you for the reply Simon, I know previously they were able to accept the tickets on the older machines via a 'Arriva Midlands' option after been shown it once by a driver when using a Midlands ticket on the common section of the 5. As a side note, can I say the English and Welsh bilingual notices applied internally to the Oswestry fleet are a very nice touch indeed.

Yes they look good don't they.  I saw them on the vehicles when I had a couple of hours on the Oswestry Town Routes a week ago.

47609FireFly

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on November 25, 2019, 09:00:40 PM
Unfortunately the repairs so far have not worked and parts have had to be ordered.  I am expecting them repaired by Tuesday night at the latest.  Not a good situation at all.

I noticed both 2571 & 4200 in service, on 27/11/2019, with working destination equipment. Glad they're sorted but the problems took far too long to remedy; I hope lessons have been learnt.

As an aside, the side sign on 4200 now does not work and I've noticed 4416, another Wigston allocated motor, running around with its rear sign not working. Obviously, both of these are required to meet PSVAR legislation.

BusMan Greg

Are there bus timetable leaflets available in Stafford for the town services @Simon@Arriva ?

Westy

Are the Xmas & New Year details out yet?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk