News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Question for @Siamon @Arriva is it possible to send any West Midlands timetables that Arriva produce to Travelshops in the West Midlands or allow to send them to TFWM to distribute them? As may people do not have access to the Internet and/or they do but the may prefer the printed glossy paper edition. Thank you

Regards

Bus Man K2

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on November 11, 2019, 08:58:10 PM
Question for @Siamon @Arriva is it possible to send any West Midlands timetables that Arriva produce to Travelshops in the West Midlands or allow to send them to TFWM to distribute them? As may people do not have access to the Internet and/or they do but the may prefer the printed glossy paper edition. Thank you

Regards

Bus Man K2

Hi

We do send them to the bus stations and they should then display them.  We keep topping them up when we are asked for more or kind people on here tell us that they have run out.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on November 11, 2019, 05:39:05 PM
@Simon@Arriva  You're probably aware of West Midlands Railway's 'issues ' at the moment.

Are you aware of the new issue affecting their Saturday services from now until December?

I guess, with the 'help ' of Nx, the Cannock to Walsall corridor is covered, but are you covering extra capacity on the Cannock to Rugeley section?

We are aware and are looking at what it might mean for us.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Depotosw on November 04, 2019, 10:15:41 PM
Hi Simon, cross border question linked with Oswestry. Historically Midlands Day Savers, Weekly etc have been accepted on the common sections along the 2/2A/2C on the Arriva Cymru, Wrexham operated routes 3/4 Penycae and 5 Llangollen, since the change to Ticketer, is this still the case? Now I know Oswestry issue the Arriva North West & Wales set of tickets including the Wrexham local range and have acceptance from Newbridge onto Wrexham.

I am not an expert but Midlands Saver Tickets should be accepted on Wrexham buses, but in reality I suspect their drivers wouldn't see many of these products.

The only Midlands tickets that would be valid along this corridor would be the West Midlands products and if a customer has one of these then they are more likely to be travelling outside of the Wrexham Local Zone towards Oswestry. If you are travelling wholly within the Wrexham Local Zone you would purchase a local product.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on November 11, 2019, 09:01:48 PM
We are aware and are looking at what it might mean for us.

Well could you please send the new edition of the 110 timetable to the Network West Midlands travelshop in New Street Station as they are currently giving out black and white  paper copies?

This also goes for the Network shop in Wolverhampton. This is for the 70 timetable.

Also Dudley stock the TfWM edition of the 3/3C. I know this timetable is out of date but as TFWM don't produce the timetable any more  could you please send them copies of the new timetable.

Lastly Walsall also stock this timetable but they seam to be missing it now. I know that the timetable has beed amended.

Thank you

Kind regards

Bus Man K2

l.murphy123

@Simon@Arriva just off the back of the above regarding timetables the stand at Cannock has disappeared don't know whether deliberate or not.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bus Man K2

Hi Simon is it possible to send the 74/78/79 timetable to Coventry's NXC Travelshop please?

Thank you

Kind regards

Bus Man K2

Westy

@Simon@Arriva There were Walsall to Cannock  1/2 & 3 in the travel shop last night cos I checked!

47609FireFly

Bus 4200 at Wigston depot - for the last three days, this vehicle has been in service without operational destination equipment. Tuesday (12/11) and Wednesday (13/11) on routes 47/48, and, Thursday (14/11) on route 85.

On all three days, it has carried a printed, A4 sized route number in the windscreen, within the swept area of the wipers.

This is a totally non-compliant way to operate and not only puts the company's O-Licence at risk but also puts an element of culpability onto the driver, especially if he or she was to be involved in an incident of some kind or other.

Bob

Quote from: 47609FireFly on November 14, 2019, 08:58:21 AM
Bus 4200 at Wigston depot - for the last three days, this vehicle has been in service without operational destination equipment. Tuesday (12/11) and Wednesday (13/11) on routes 47/48, and, Thursday (14/11) on route 85.

On all three days, it has carried a printed, A4 sized route number in the windscreen, within the swept area of the wipers.

This is a totally non-compliant way to operate and not only puts the company's O-Licence at risk but also puts an element of culpability onto the driver, especially if he or she was to be involved in an incident of some kind or other.

Ex Tamworth B7RLE at Cannock has been like it for weeks

Bus Man K2

Hi @Simon@Arriva

I have been to Cannock today and as someone has already pointed out you have taken the stand away that used to be in the shopping Centre. Is there a reason for this?

As now there is only one place to get timetables from in Cannock no, but they haven't got them all. The link below should take you to the list of Cannock area services. The only two timetables that the other place had in stock were the 3/3A (Oct edition) and the 26/26 (Jan 19 edition). As you can see on the link below they should stock more than that.

Bus Man K2

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/midlands/timetables/

SG

Will the branding on Arrivas share of the X38 ever make a return now the branded Pulsars have been repainted?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: SG on November 20, 2019, 10:39:39 PM
Will the branding on Arrivas share of the X38 ever make a return now the branded Pulsars have been repainted?

Unlikley.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on November 14, 2019, 01:26:06 PM
Ex Tamworth B7RLE at Cannock has been like it for weeks

Needed a part ordering and is being sorted today I have been told.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: 47609FireFly on November 14, 2019, 08:58:21 AM

Should now be sorted.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk