News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47609FireFly

Why is Sunday vehicle allocation a problem at Wigston depot? Yesterday (27/10/2019), buses 4511 and 4515 spent the entire day on routes 47A/48A; both vehicles are route branded for the 84/85. Since the repainting of the 4416 to 4425 batch of E400s, and the removal of their route branding, they tend to wander onto other routes more.

Also, destination faults seem to take a long time to remedy, despite being a requirement of PSVAR legislation. Thurmaston's 2406 has been running around for many months with side and rear signs which do not work (it has missing reflectors on the rear too) and 2948, also of Thurmaston, has a side sign that does not work. It's been like that for well over 6 months! The offside front third of Wigston's 4217 does not work either.

Pat

Hi again Simon, do Shrewsbury garage still operate the 738/740 service and if so how do drivers take their break?  Is it one driver on the route for the whole day or do they change over?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: 47609FireFly on October 28, 2019, 11:04:11 AM
Why is Sunday vehicle allocation a problem at Wigston depot? Yesterday (27/10/2019), buses 4511 and 4515 spent the entire day on routes 47A/48A; both vehicles are route branded for the 84/85. Since the repainting of the 4416 to 4425 batch of E400s, and the removal of their route branding, they tend to wander onto other routes more.

Also, destination faults seem to take a long time to remedy, despite being a requirement of PSVAR legislation. Thurmaston's 2406 has been running around for many months with side and rear signs which do not work (it has missing reflectors on the rear too) and 2948, also of Thurmaston, has a side sign that does not work. It's been like that for well over 6 months! The offside front third of Wigston's 4217 does not work either.

Thanks for the feedback.  I was in Wigston yesterday and passed this all on.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: BusMan Greg on October 27, 2019, 05:00:34 PM
Do arriva offer through fares on the 9/436 so passengers can travel from Wolverhampton to Shrewsbury on one bus @Simon@Arriva ?

Hi

We don't and that is because one is a tender and one is commercial.

Westy

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on October 29, 2019, 10:01:33 AM
Hi

We don't and that is because one is a tender and one is commercial.

@Simon@Arriva Wouldn't you recommend the relevant day ticket anyway?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on October 29, 2019, 12:35:57 PM
@Simon@Arriva Wouldn't you recommend the relevant day ticket anyway?

Yes - I assumed the question was aimed at a single.

Wumpty

Hi Simon - thanks for answering previous posts as I appreciate you're extremely busy.

Who is responsible for fleet disposals? We used to receive an Excel spreadsheet on a monthly/quarterly basis depending upon availability. We do a lot of grassroots projects and occasionaly get asked for buses.

Thanks, in advance again, for your help!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Bob

Hi Simon can a 6.30 Midlands daysaver be used on 70 to Cannock then 60 to Lichfield ( ill then be getting X12) but can i use it on the 29 to Swadlincote? I tried to buy on in Swadlincote as i assumed it covered the whole Midlands area and the driver hadnt a clue and kept talking about a 5.70 ticket which i knew couldnt be valid in lichfield for my journey back to cannock

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on October 30, 2019, 11:45:15 PM
Hi Simon can a 6.30 Midlands daysaver be used on 70 to Cannock then 60 to Lichfield ( ill then be getting X12) but can i use it on the 29 to Swadlincote? I tried to buy on in Swadlincote as i assumed it covered the whole Midlands area and the driver hadnt a clue and kept talking about a 5.70 ticket which i knew couldnt be valid in lichfield for my journey back to cannock

Hi

There is no Midlands ticket. The £6.30 ticket is a West Midlands only ticket and is valid as far East as Atherstone and Nuneaton only I am afraid.  Not valid to Burton or Swadlincote.

All details here on our webiste:

https://tickets.arrivabus.co.uk/midlands/west-midlands/

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/globalassets/documents/midlands-service-documents/maps/arriva-midlands-east--west-april-2017-lr1.pdf?_ga=2.82938518.1047948076.1572458997-544949137.1567023352

47609FireFly

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on October 29, 2019, 10:01:01 AM
Thanks for the feedback.  I was in Wigston yesterday and passed this all on.

Many thanks.

A couple more destination defects, both involving vehicles allocated to Thurmaston depot:

3810 - rear sign is not working.
4746 - rear sign is not working & half of front sign is flickering.

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on October 31, 2019, 08:01:50 AM
Hi

There is no Midlands ticket. The £6.30 ticket is a West Midlands only ticket and is valid as far East as Atherstone and Nuneaton only I am afraid.  Not valid to Burton or Swadlincote.

All details here on our webiste:

https://tickets.arrivabus.co.uk/midlands/west-midlands/

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/globalassets/documents/midlands-service-documents/maps/arriva-midlands-east--west-april-2017-lr1.pdf?_ga=2.82938518.1047948076.1572458997-544949137.1567023352

Thats a shame. You used to be able to use a Midlands daysaver as far as Leicester!

Westy

Depotosw

Hi Simon, cross border question linked with Oswestry. Historically Midlands Day Savers, Weekly etc have been accepted on the common sections along the 2/2A/2C on the Arriva Cymru, Wrexham operated routes 3/4 Penycae and 5 Llangollen, since the change to Ticketer, is this still the case? Now I know Oswestry issue the Arriva North West & Wales set of tickets including the Wrexham local range and have acceptance from Newbridge onto Wrexham.

Westy

@Simon@Arriva  You're probably aware of West Midlands Railway's 'issues ' at the moment.

Are you aware of the new issue affecting their Saturday services from now until December?

I guess, with the 'help ' of Nx, the Cannock to Walsall corridor is covered, but are you covering extra capacity on the Cannock to Rugeley section?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk