News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on October 20, 2019, 02:12:55 PM
Would it make sense to swap them with 4 Centros from Telford? ( these being in better condition than the recent transfers in too)

Possibly but for now they will each stay in the depots they are in.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on October 20, 2019, 02:11:24 PM
Hi Simon are Cannocks 4 remaining Pulsars moving on?

No plans currently.

Bob

Hi Simon, of all the Midlands region garages which are the most/least profitable?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on October 23, 2019, 06:27:42 PM
Hi Simon, of all the Midlands region garages which are the most/least profitable?

You know I cannot answer that.

Wumpty

Hi Simon - any plans to introduce heritage liveried vehicles across your areas of responsibility?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Pat

Hi Simon, how come the Shrewsbury X4/5 have had the older versas allocated rather than the 12/13 plate ones?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Wumpty on October 24, 2019, 01:33:11 PM
Hi Simon - any plans to introduce heritage liveried vehicles across your areas of responsibility?

Hi

Not currently.  I hear that there maybe a preservd vehicle being put in to an older livery.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on October 24, 2019, 04:05:02 PM
Hi Simon, how come the Shrewsbury X4/5 have had the older versas allocated rather than the 12/13 plate ones?

The 12/13 plate ones are fitted with/being fitted with a retrofit to Euro 6 standard due to entering the West Midlands on route 9, therefore these have to be allocated on 9/436

Westy

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on October 25, 2019, 11:41:29 AM
Hi

Not currently.  I hear that there maybe a preservd vehicle being put in to an older livery.

Surely the only liveries you could get away with were the Drawlane era one, as anything all / mostly  red would be too close to Nx crimson, unless you did the NBC dual purpose red & white?

IMarkeh

Hi Simon, any idea when the live tracking on bustimes.org will end up showing Oswestry depot?

Also, how does the interworking work out as at Oswestry for the locals? From what it looks, the bus does the following
:30 402
:47 402
:17 403
:30 402 (continues as above)
but this would then leave the 404 doing a 10 minute round trip each hour which surely wouldn't happen. I can't seem to see how it all works.

Thanks,
Mark

Pat

Hi Simon, why do services such as the 8 and 20 in Shrewsbury interwork rather than one bus staying on the same route?  For example, when a 20 comes in and goes out as an 8 it sits on stand for 10 mins so why doesn't it go straight back out on the same route? 

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on October 27, 2019, 09:58:54 AM
Hi Simon, why do services such as the 8 and 20 in Shrewsbury interwork rather than one bus staying on the same route?  For example, when a 20 comes in and goes out as an 8 it sits on stand for 10 mins so why doesn't it go straight back out on the same route?

Hi,

Will be about route length, frequency, driving time and duty compilation to help with efficiency.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: IMarkeh on October 26, 2019, 12:04:37 PM
Hi Simon, any idea when the live tracking on bustimes.org will end up showing Oswestry depot?

Also, how does the interworking work out as at Oswestry for the locals? From what it looks, the bus does the following
:30 402
:47 402
:17 403
:30 402 (continues as above)
but this would then leave the 404 doing a 10 minute round trip each hour which surely wouldn't happen. I can't seem to see how it all works.

Thanks,
Mark

There are 2 buses on the town services and between them they do the 400, 402, 403 and 404.

No idea on tracking on bustimes I am afraid.

BusMan Greg

Do arriva offer through fares on the 9/436 so passengers can travel from Wolverhampton to Shrewsbury on one bus @Simon@Arriva ?

l.murphy123

@Simon@Arriva The latest 110 timetable leaflet (online as a PDF) has no mention of Sapphire. Also will the 1/2/2A leaflet get reprinted to take off the Sapphire part?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk