News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l.murphy123

@Simon@Arriva Can you prioritise, where possible, the refurbs with USB charging and WiFi on the 1, 2, 2A routes as better replacements for the Sapphires?

Also wondering whether you could move the 2A to within the bus station at Walsall along the 31, 32's that run less frequently at night to increase numbers? Stands D - F should be much quieter.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on October 05, 2019, 11:59:51 AM
@Simon@Arriva Can you prioritise, where possible, the refurbs with USB charging and WiFi on the 1, 2, 2A routes as better replacements for the Sapphires?

Also wondering whether you could move the 2A to within the bus station at Walsall along the 31, 32's that run less frequently at night to increase numbers? Stands D - F should be much quieter.

Hi,

Working on a refurb plan for 2020 at the moment so will see what we can do.

Will have a look at evening 2A journeys yes.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on October 04, 2019, 10:03:55 PM
@Simon@Arriva

Two questions about Thurmaston.

1) What's happening with the Citaro's now they aren't needed on the U1/2/3.
2) Why are we getting so many Cadet's?

Hi

Not sure on the Citaro vehicles.  No plan at the moment.

Cadets are in place to cover for some vehicles that are away for Eminox fitment or have accident damage/long term off the road.

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on October 07, 2019, 08:18:08 PM
Hi,

Working on a refurb plan for 2020 at the moment so will see what we can do.

Will have a look at evening 2A journeys yes.

Of Cannocks vehicles, which are likely to be refurbished? Assuming the Centros are staying theyre in a really poor state inside

Bob

Does the 23.48 Sat night 74 journey run from the stop outside the Sun Inn on its way out of Stafford?

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on October 07, 2019, 08:19:19 PM
Hi

Not sure on the Citaro vehicles.  No plan at the moment.

Cadets are in place to cover for some vehicles that are away for Eminox fitment or have accident damage/long term off the road.
@Simon@Arriva Is this what's happened with 4201 and 4763 as they've not been out for months. I know 4776's been scrapped but nothing's been said about these.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on October 08, 2019, 08:24:27 PM
@Simon@Arriva Is this what's happened with 4201 and 4763 as they've not been out for months. I know 4776's been scrapped but nothing's been said about these.

We have also had a couple of buses off due to accident damage and the like.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on October 08, 2019, 09:53:38 AM
Of Cannocks vehicles, which are likely to be refurbished? Assuming the Centros are staying theyre in a really poor state inside

Still being worked up.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on October 08, 2019, 04:33:56 PM
Does the 23.48 Sat night 74 journey run from the stop outside the Sun Inn on its way out of Stafford?

Hi, yes it does.

DJ

Hi Simon, can I ask why the driver of 3795 on the 110 off Sutton to City at 1315 refused to accept an nBus ticket just because it was issued by Diamond? I'd expect your staff to know what tickets are valid? He seemed pretty arrogant to me and my friends.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

BusMan Greg

Which is the best Telford route for Patronage @Simon@Arriva ?

Bob

Hi Simon are Cannocks 4 remaining Pulsars moving on?

Bob

Would it make sense to swap them with 4 Centros from Telford? ( these being in better condition than the recent transfers in too)

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: StourValley98 on October 19, 2019, 01:18:01 PM
Hi Simon, can I ask why the driver of 3795 on the 110 off Sutton to City at 1315 refused to accept an nBus ticket just because it was issued by Diamond? I'd expect your staff to know what tickets are valid? He seemed pretty arrogant to me and my friends.

So sorry to hear this.  Will get the driver identified and find out.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: BusMan Greg on October 19, 2019, 08:16:46 PM
Which is the best Telford route for Patronage @Simon@Arriva ?

Hi

I am sure you will understand that I can't give you that information.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk