News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BusMan Greg

Hello @Simon@Arriva  I'm 15 so what bus fare will I have to pay on the route 70 between Featherstone and the scotlands. I'm only asking this because the staffs under 16 cards have been cut

bovaman

Cannock had recently refurbished quite a number of there fleet, then off they go to other depots & inherit hoards of rough end of life relics in exchange, No wonder they cannot refurb any more. Would seem pretty pointless refurbishing all them old knackers like them darts & solos, the paint & labour costs would be worth more than the things it would be sitting on. I guess us travelling  folk of Staffordshire / Lichfield/Stafford/Rugeley  side don't count for any quality or reliability with Arriva. What a sad & unreliable state of affairs its become, can it possibly get any worse ? :-(

LazyGuy222

@Simon@Arriva

Hey Simon!
Now that Thurmaston has cut the U1/2/3, what is happening with the Citaro Bendies?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: BusMan Greg on September 23, 2019, 09:14:57 PM
Hello @Simon@Arriva  I'm 15 so what bus fare will I have to pay on the route 70 between Featherstone and the scotlands. I'm only asking this because the staffs under 16 cards have been cut

Child fare up to the age of 16

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on September 23, 2019, 09:10:05 PM
No scope to refurbish them? Would you agree theyre in a pretty awful state?

No scope because we are refurbing/repainting a load of other buses.  Would be nice to do eveything but it can't be done.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: bovaman on September 23, 2019, 11:06:04 PM
Cannock had recently refurbished quite a number of there fleet, then off they go to other depots & inherit hoards of rough end of life relics in exchange, No wonder they cannot refurb any more. Would seem pretty pointless refurbishing all them old knackers like them darts & solos, the paint & labour costs would be worth more than the things it would be sitting on. I guess us travelling  folk of Staffordshire / Lichfield/Stafford/Rugeley  side don't count for any quality or reliability with Arriva. What a sad & unreliable state of affairs its become, can it possibly get any worse ? :-(

I am sorry you feel that way.

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on September 24, 2019, 01:29:09 PM
No scope because we are refurbing/repainting a load of other buses.  Would be nice to do eveything but it can't be done.

Investment for everywhere else bar Cannock then?

BusMan Greg

evo mark

i have heard something that the land that the cannock depot is on has been sold does that mean you will close the garage?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on September 24, 2019, 03:54:10 PM
Investment for everywhere else bar Cannock then?

Cannock has had some refurbs - granted some of them have moved now

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on September 30, 2019, 09:45:51 AM
Cannock has had some refurbs - granted some of them have moved now

And its had many of them replaced by vehicles in a poor condition?

Westy

Would I be correct in thinking,  with the departure of the Streetlites, Cannock no longer has any vehicles 'from new', all the current fleet started 'elsewhere ' in the Arriva empire?

It's a sorry state of affairs if correct.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on September 30, 2019, 12:45:54 PM
Would I be correct in thinking,  with the departure of the Streetlites, Cannock no longer has any vehicles 'from new', all the current fleet started 'elsewhere ' in the Arriva empire?

It's a sorry state of affairs if correct.

I am sure you are correct but I have not actually checked.

LazyGuy222

@Simon@Arriva

Two questions about Thurmaston.

1) What's happening with the Citaro's now they aren't needed on the U1/2/3.
2) Why are we getting so many Cadet's?

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on October 04, 2019, 02:27:13 PM
I am sure you are correct but I have not actually checked.

3761/2 started life new in Cannock back in the day when they invested. They were for the 60/825.  @Simon what is going on at Cannock? As in zero investment, the garage filled with end of life vehicles, a load of threadbare (seriously) interiored buses intended for Sapphire repmacements? As soneone else pointed out it looks like s garage being prepared for disposal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk