News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

@Simon@Arriva I have noticed some new bus stops on one of the new housing estates in Shifnal.  Are Arriva planning to run a new service/divert existing services there?

BusMan Greg

What happened to the spat outstation in uttoxeter. And what routes were operated from it @Simon@Arriva

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: BusMan Greg on September 14, 2019, 04:43:19 PM
What happened to the spat outstation in uttoxeter. And what routes were operated from it @Simon@Arriva

No bus routes have operated from Spath in my time with Arriva (6 years).  It was a car MOT centre but it was closed down in 2018.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on September 13, 2019, 08:46:24 PM
@Simon@Arriva I have noticed some new bus stops on one of the new housing estates in Shifnal.  Are Arriva planning to run a new service/divert existing services there?

There are some discussions about this ongoing but I am not sure anything has been decided.

Westy

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on September 18, 2019, 09:20:37 AM
There are some discussions about this ongoing but I am not sure anything has been decided.

Would that make a difference to a Wolverhampton to Telford service being reintroduced or not?

Bob

What would Cannocks average fleet age be now roughly ? With the very newest vehicles being two 8 year old pulsars? Id imagine its well over 10 years?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on September 18, 2019, 04:00:19 PM
What would Cannocks average fleet age be now roughly ? With the very newest vehicles being two 8 year old pulsars? Id imagine its well over 10 years?

I haven't calculated it with these latest changes but it was over 10 before so yes.

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on September 19, 2019, 08:06:33 AM
I haven't calculated it with these latest changes but it was over 10 before so yes.

Why is all the investment being moved to leave it with a terrible fleet? Surely reliability will go down also? It doesnt look good

Bob

Are the remaining 4 Pulsars also leaving?

l.murphy123

@Simon@Arriva Will you be refurbing the buses that have replaced the sapphires inside and/or out? The seats aren't great but seen worse.

Also so you are aware Landywood Lane bridge is due to be closed in October they are finally putting the footbridge back - I assume the number 2 will follow the 2A route on these days.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Westy

No 1, 2 or 3 leaflets in Walsall Bus Station again, unless there's a timetable charge you can't tell us about yet!

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on September 21, 2019, 06:19:44 PM
No 1, 2 or 3 leaflets in Walsall Bus Station again, unless there's a timetable charge you can't tell us about yet!

I will get some over.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on September 19, 2019, 04:22:48 PM
Are the remaining 4 Pulsars also leaving?

No plans to move them at the moment.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on September 21, 2019, 03:47:36 PM
@Simon@Arriva Will you be refurbing the buses that have replaced the sapphires inside and/or out? The seats aren't great but seen worse.

Also so you are aware Landywood Lane bridge is due to be closed in October they are finally putting the footbridge back - I assume the number 2 will follow the 2A route on these days.

No scope to refurb the buses this year but need to put a plan together for my whole area in 2020 and these might be in that plan.

I imagine that will be the route.

Bob

No scope to refurbish them? Would you agree theyre in a pretty awful state?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk