News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

@Simon@Arriva I have noticed some new bus stops on one of the new housing estates in Shifnal.  Are Arriva planning to run a new service/divert existing services there?

BusMan Greg

What happened to the spat outstation in uttoxeter. And what routes were operated from it @Simon@Arriva

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: BusMan Greg on September 14, 2019, 04:43:19 PM
What happened to the spat outstation in uttoxeter. And what routes were operated from it @Simon@Arriva

No bus routes have operated from Spath in my time with Arriva (6 years).  It was a car MOT centre but it was closed down in 2018.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on September 13, 2019, 08:46:24 PM
@Simon@Arriva I have noticed some new bus stops on one of the new housing estates in Shifnal.  Are Arriva planning to run a new service/divert existing services there?

There are some discussions about this ongoing but I am not sure anything has been decided.

Westy

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on September 18, 2019, 09:20:37 AM
There are some discussions about this ongoing but I am not sure anything has been decided.

Would that make a difference to a Wolverhampton to Telford service being reintroduced or not?

Bob

What would Cannocks average fleet age be now roughly ? With the very newest vehicles being two 8 year old pulsars? Id imagine its well over 10 years?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on September 18, 2019, 04:00:19 PM
What would Cannocks average fleet age be now roughly ? With the very newest vehicles being two 8 year old pulsars? Id imagine its well over 10 years?

I haven't calculated it with these latest changes but it was over 10 before so yes.

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on September 19, 2019, 08:06:33 AM
I haven't calculated it with these latest changes but it was over 10 before so yes.

Why is all the investment being moved to leave it with a terrible fleet? Surely reliability will go down also? It doesnt look good

Bob

Are the remaining 4 Pulsars also leaving?

l.murphy123

@Simon@Arriva Will you be refurbing the buses that have replaced the sapphires inside and/or out? The seats aren't great but seen worse.

Also so you are aware Landywood Lane bridge is due to be closed in October they are finally putting the footbridge back - I assume the number 2 will follow the 2A route on these days.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Westy

No 1, 2 or 3 leaflets in Walsall Bus Station again, unless there's a timetable charge you can't tell us about yet!

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on September 21, 2019, 06:19:44 PM
No 1, 2 or 3 leaflets in Walsall Bus Station again, unless there's a timetable charge you can't tell us about yet!

I will get some over.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on September 19, 2019, 04:22:48 PM
Are the remaining 4 Pulsars also leaving?

No plans to move them at the moment.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on September 21, 2019, 03:47:36 PM
@Simon@Arriva Will you be refurbing the buses that have replaced the sapphires inside and/or out? The seats aren't great but seen worse.

Also so you are aware Landywood Lane bridge is due to be closed in October they are finally putting the footbridge back - I assume the number 2 will follow the 2A route on these days.

No scope to refurb the buses this year but need to put a plan together for my whole area in 2020 and these might be in that plan.

I imagine that will be the route.

Bob

No scope to refurbish them? Would you agree theyre in a pretty awful state?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk