News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LazyGuy222

Hey Simon,

Why do you guys run the special summer services to Drayton and Twycross? You have to be losing money operating it. Nobodies on them.

Bob

Hi Simon

Are the Centros heading for Cannock garage? If they were, would it be likely that Telfords Centros might come back also in exchange for Pulsars as they are in similar numbers, for standardisation purposes?

AlexS

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on August 21, 2019, 09:44:56 AM
Hi

Sorry to hear this and it doesn't sound right.  I hope you are ok.  Can you send me some more details about the time/bus number etc please so I can investigate.
07:50 50 from Fosse Park into Leicester on Friday 16th August. Ticket suggests it was 4501.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on August 21, 2019, 11:59:08 PM
Hey Simon,

Why do you guys run the special summer services to Drayton and Twycross? You have to be losing money operating it. Nobodies on them.

We run them because we put together a business case after someone suggested that we give them a go.  We have operated buses to Twycross before from Nuneaton and we also extend the 5A to Twinlakes at Melton.  I have not seen any usage figures yet but some drivers tell me that they have carried people.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: leepenfold30 on August 21, 2019, 07:51:23 PM
Hello Simon

Which Garage will be having Cannocks Streetlights

Is Hinckley having any new buses

Are MIRA Buses at Hinckley & Tamworth having Repaints

I've noticed on Sapphire 158 they got fresh air for Leicester logo put on there buses

Streetlites are going to MK.

No new buses for Hinckley at the moment.

No plans to paint MIRA buses at the moment.

Yes, Leicester City Council have asked us to apply the stickers to buses that have had the Euro VI retrofit as part of the Clean Air Zone.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: BusMan Greg on August 21, 2019, 12:18:56 PM
Hello @Simon@Arriva Can I purchase the staffordshire knot ticket on the 70 in Featherstone

Yes.  Can be sold anywhere in Staffordshire.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Wumpty on August 21, 2019, 11:44:24 AM
Thanks for replying anyway Simon - it was a genuine question where I'd like to understand the rationale.

I've worked in a number of industries, including the bus industry, where we've dangled the carrot to retain existing customers and encourage new business, to then revert to old world with mixed results.

To be fair the decision on the Streetlites is more about the depot they are going to than Cannock or the 1/2 routes.

l.murphy123

@Simon@Arriva You should consider running a service on Sunday and/or Bank Holiday Monday of the Lichfield Food Festival. It ran over the weekend and every year it's really busy. Perhaps the same set up as the Bower day which you ran a 60, 825 and X65. Not sure of there will be one between now and in 12 months time.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on August 27, 2019, 03:07:19 PM
To be fair the decision on the Streetlites is more about the depot they are going to than Cannock or the 1/2 routes.

So in the entire uk op theres no spare Sapphire buses resulting in a suppisedly premium route being reduced to having anything thrown on it?

IMarkeh

Hi Simon,
How much do Arriva need roughly to make a route viable per bus? Stagecoach are relatively open with their numbers (if you contact the right people). I'm just wondering why a lot of routes which Arriva say are unviable can be quickly picked up by another big operator who finds it viable. Are your overheads a lot higher or is it just Arriva PLC wants more money for each bus?

Wumpty

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on August 27, 2019, 03:07:19 PM

Thanks for that Simon - always appreciate your time!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

LazyGuy222

Hey Simon!

When will the Leicester depots start having live tracking on bustimes.org?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on August 28, 2019, 06:00:20 PM
Hey Simon!

When will the Leicester depots start having live tracking on bustimes.org?

Hi

I didn't know that they didn't - or that they did track in other areas.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: IMarkeh on August 27, 2019, 11:29:41 PM
Hi Simon,
How much do Arriva need roughly to make a route viable per bus? Stagecoach are relatively open with their numbers (if you contact the right people). I'm just wondering why a lot of routes which Arriva say are unviable can be quickly picked up by another big operator who finds it viable. Are your overheads a lot higher or is it just Arriva PLC wants more money for each bus?

I am afraid that I am not able to answer that other than to say I imagine we are broadly the same as Stagecoach.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on August 27, 2019, 07:41:46 PM
So in the entire uk op theres no spare Sapphire buses resulting in a suppisedly premium route being reduced to having anything thrown on it?

I asked and the answer was no.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk