News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l.murphy123

@Simon@Arriva I think a return of the X68 could work if it ran from Hednesford Tesco then the previous route via Cannock Bus Stn and New Cross Hospital. Maybe at peak times to begin with, and a special day saver for NHS staff. I know there would be no financial support like before.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Westy

One of your Sapphires has just broken down in Walsall.

Apparently it wouldn't start!

(On a 1 by the way!)

I decided to catch a 2 & go the 'scenic ' route via Blakenall back to Bloxwich!

Bob

Are the rumours correcy that Cannock is to lose its Streetlites? If so presumably the 1 and 2 would no longer be Sapphire routes?

evo mark

heard a rumor that cannock and a couple of garages have been bought by a company from the north is this true

Tony

Quote from: evo mark on August 16, 2019, 11:03:15 AM
heard a rumor that cannock and a couple of garages have been bought by a company from the north is this true

Directors of companies are not allowed to confirm rumours. It is against stock market rules, So Simon may not be able to answer that question. The only answer he would allowed to give is 'No'

They definitely haven't bought them or there would be a stock market announcement, but that doesn't mean there isn't negotiations going on. I personally have not heard anything, so don't think my answer gives a clue either way

AlexS

What is the correct precedure from a driver following a RTA?
Was involved in a pretty major collision on the 50 in Leicester earlier and the driver did absolutely nothing to obtain whether there was any injured passengers on board or provide passengers with any information as to contact customer services and encouraged passengers to leave the area before any other arriva representatives were present.

Bob

I heard the Streetlites are now down to 2 or 3 now? Can you confirm the 1 and 2 are now downgraded?

Simon@Arriva

Hi

Back from 2 weeks off today.

A couple of quick responses:

1. Yes the Streetlites are coming out of Cannock as needed in another depot for various reasons.  The 1 and 2 will not be Sapphire anymore.

2. Thanks for the suggestion of the X68 but I think it is very unlikely.

3. 17.10 number 60 timekeeping under review.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: AlexS on August 16, 2019, 01:04:28 PM
What is the correct precedure from a driver following a RTA?
Was involved in a pretty major collision on the 50 in Leicester earlier and the driver did absolutely nothing to obtain whether there was any injured passengers on board or provide passengers with any information as to contact customer services and encouraged passengers to leave the area before any other arriva representatives were present.

Hi

Sorry to hear this and it doesn't sound right.  I hope you are ok.  Can you send me some more details about the time/bus number etc please so I can investigate.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on August 21, 2019, 09:31:36 AM
1. Yes the Streetlites are coming out of Cannock as needed in another depot for various reasons.  The 1 and 2 will not be Sapphire anymore.

Wow im suprised. Will you be branding regular buses for those routes like the Chase Linx days?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Wumpty

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on August 21, 2019, 09:31:36 AM

Hi Simon - Did passenger numbers increase when you rebranded to Sapphire? Is this a case of numbers increased so we'll revert to older buses as we've grown patronage and these passengers will travel on whatever bus is allocated, or, did passenger numbers stay the same/decrease so no need to maintain the brand/investment that Sapphire was intended?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Wumpty on August 21, 2019, 10:42:50 AM
Hi Simon - Did passenger numbers increase when you rebranded to Sapphire? Is this a case of numbers increased so we'll revert to older buses as we've grown patronage and these passengers will travel on whatever bus is allocated, or, did passenger numbers stay the same/decrease so no need to maintain the brand/investment that Sapphire was intended?

Hi

I can't really comment on this.

Wumpty

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on August 21, 2019, 11:32:29 AM
Hi

I can't really comment on this.

Thanks for replying anyway Simon - it was a genuine question where I'd like to understand the rationale.

I've worked in a number of industries, including the bus industry, where we've dangled the carrot to retain existing customers and encourage new business, to then revert to old world with mixed results.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

BusMan Greg

Hello @Simon@Arriva Can I purchase the staffordshire knot ticket on the 70 in Featherstone

leepenfold30

Hello Simon

Which Garage will be having Cannocks Streetlights

Is Hinckley having any new buses

Are MIRA Buses at Hinckley & Tamworth having Repaints

I've noticed on Sapphire 158 they got fresh air for Leicester logo put on there buses

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk