News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on July 21, 2019, 10:47:32 AM
Apologies for delay to respond - my area now covers the 4 Leicester depots and I have been busy over there.

Not sure as yet on any more Sapphire vehicles.

Will they even be bothering? The 1 and particularly the 2 must be loss making now

Simon@Arriva

I have asked and the UK Bus Fleet person is looking for me.  I can't do anymore than that.

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on July 22, 2019, 05:11:52 PM
I have asked and the UK Bus Fleet person is looking for me.  I can't do anymore than that.

Could they not do better than Darts Commanders and Solos though ? Considering there are Pulsars ( which recently were for Wolves as its "interurban" tjen not then pye greens, then Staffords as theyre "intwrurban") on pye greens literally daily?

Busman Jamie

Personally I'd concentrate on allocating sapphire vehicles on the 1 and in honesty I would allocate the solos to the 2?

Westy

You've now got the correct timetable posters on the Bloxwich Road corridor now.

Don't know about the Blakenall corridor unless anyone that lives on that section knows.

(And we've still got the stops down Somerfield Road, but I'll have to speak to TfWM about those!)

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on July 22, 2019, 07:03:19 PM
You've now got the correct timetable posters on the Bloxwich Road corridor now.

Don't know about the Blakenall corridor unless anyone that lives on that section knows.

(And we've still got the stops down Somerfield Road, but I'll have to speak to TfWM about those!)

OK thanks for the update.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on July 22, 2019, 05:31:00 PM
Could they not do better than Darts Commanders and Solos though ? Considering there are Pulsars ( which recently were for Wolves as its "interurban" tjen not then pye greens, then Staffords as theyre "intwrurban") on pye greens literally daily?

Yes they can do better - remains an ongoing challenge.

leepenfold30

1003 1004 arrived at Hinckley a few weeks ago & no sign of 1002 Simon

Are Hinckley Due any buses brought in

Justin Tyme

A question for Simon: you said a few days ago that your area now covers the 4 Leicester depots.  Is this in addition to the Arriva Midlands North depots, and Derby?   Thanks.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Justin Tyme on July 24, 2019, 08:58:30 PM
A question for Simon: you said a few days ago that your area now covers the 4 Leicester depots.  Is this in addition to the Arriva Midlands North depots, and Derby?   Thanks.

Yes

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on July 22, 2019, 05:11:52 PM

Two were moved to Luton a few years ago according to this website but they probably still need them. Do you still have plans to do something with the bus stop flags? They declined our offer/request.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

l.murphy123

Also the number 17:10 number 60 from cannock is constantly late again like before Christmas. It improved after the January timetable changes bus gone back to being late since June. Sometimes 15 - 20 minutes.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 29, 2019, 10:47:43 PM
Also the number 17:10 number 60 from cannock is constantly late again like before Christmas. It improved after the January timetable changes bus gone back to being late since June. Sometimes 15 - 20 minutes.

Ok thanks.  Will have a look at what is happening with it.

Bob

Seriously when are they going to put better non sapphire buses on the 1 and 2? Refurbed Pulsars on the Pye Greens today and threadbare tat on the 1...

AlexS

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on July 21, 2019, 10:47:32 AM
Apologies for delay to respond - my area now covers the 4 Leicester depots and I have been busy over there.

Not sure as yet on any more Sapphire vehicles.
You can tell someones been busy at Wigston as the random bus generator seems to have finally settled down. Remove 4028 which breaks down on more days than it doesn't and the depot would be providing a better service than for many years. Also could do with looking at some of the drivers rotas to remove mid-journey changeovers during the morning rush hour or at the very least a more reliable system for ensuring the replacement driver is ready and waiting for the bus to arrive.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk