News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on July 03, 2019, 05:46:12 PM
This will probably  be more a TfWm issue than yours  specifically, but if the timetable has changed by now, the bus stops between Bloxwich & Walsall  have not been  updated  yet after 5 days, both the flags & the timetable posters.

(I like all operators to have a level playing field!)

Hi

Yes and it is not good.  There has been some mix up but TfWM are doing them asap now.

Steveminor

Hi @Simon@Arriva yours aren't the only timetables & stops that haven't been alterered, but yes TfWM are on the case now asap.

Rich-82

Hi Simon this is Regarding the the Telford Garage I caught the Number 2 Service from Sutton Hill Telford to Telford Town Centre this Morning. It was late cant remember how many minutes late though but after doing the loop around Sutton Hill the driver asked the passengers if they knew the Diversion route afound Halesfield Industial Park as roads are closed at present. Surely the garage would have been notified and all drivers informed of this.

Also on this service after going through Brookside the driver completeley missed the Junction to head towards Dawley. The driver did go to the nearest roundabout to turn round to get back on route.

But there was NO Apology from the driver about the mistake as passengers were looking in amazement at the mistake. The bus was 2148 and arrived at least 10 mins late in to Telford Bus Station.

Never really have an issue with the Telford Garage but i think there could better communications to drivers about service diversions.  I know the drivers drive different routes but surely there should a communication to all drivers

Westy

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on July 01, 2019, 08:56:27 PM
OK thanks,

Will get some taken there asap.

Number 3 is on the rack so far!

Simon@Arriva

Electric bus in Shrewsbury for a couple of weeks from today.  Likely to be on Park and Rides but might make it on to the 436 as well.  A Yutong E10 in London spec.

Westy

Just to give you an update on the Bloxwich corridor, as far as Bloxwich Road is concerned, the flags have mostly changed, but not the timetable posters!

(And no one has been down Somerfield Road, to remove their stops yet either!)

ntw456

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on July 11, 2019, 05:16:55 PM
Electric bus in Shrewsbury for a couple of weeks from today.  Likely to be on Park and Rides but might make it on to the 436 as well.  A Yutong E10 in London spec.

Will any other garages see this?

BusMan Greg

I heard a rumor that stagecoach have bought arriva. Is this true?

Tony

Quote from: BusMan Greg on July 14, 2019, 10:22:53 PM
I heard a rumor that stagecoach have bought arriva. Is this true?

Don't you think a big story like that would be all over the internet?

Even if it was true, Simon, as a Director of the company would not be able to answer due to stock market rules.

Simon@Arriva

Pat

Simon@Arriva

l.murphy123

@Simon@Arriva When will we have more sapphire buses for the 1 / 2 / 2A?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 18, 2019, 06:53:43 PM
@Simon@Arriva When will we have more sapphire buses for the 1 / 2 / 2A?

Apologies for delay to respond - my area now covers the 4 Leicester depots and I have been busy over there.

Not sure as yet on any more Sapphire vehicles.

evo mark

why are you bothering to run the 2 through the estates in bloxwich speaking to your own drivers they all say its a waist of time why do it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk