News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

No but it was on the 6.13am from Cannock . Should be easy to find. Seats were still filthy from the day before covered in crisps and crumbs. I wouldnt normally entertain paying 2.70 to travel on one of them but the 6.06 X51 did not run

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on June 25, 2019, 01:13:24 PM
No but it was on the 6.13am from Cannock . Should be easy to find. Seats were still filthy from the day before covered in crisps and crumbs. I wouldnt normally entertain paying 2.70 to travel on one of them but the 6.06 X51 did not run

Ok thanks - will get it looked at.

the trainbasher

Hi,

Firstly I would like to say how much I enjoyed your Arriva Click service in Leicester this evening. The bus was very nice, brilliant Driver and all in all a really good service (vehicle reg RF68FMC)

Have Arriva ever thought of introducing a Similar service in Cannock/Stafford as a way to increase patronage/compete against taxis and uber/Ola?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on June 25, 2019, 10:21:30 AM
Thanks for this.  Do you have a fleet number please?  The last one I was on had them working.

I noticed this the other day when I caught the 2E from Cannock @Simon@Arriva. The vehicles do infact have USB charging ports fitted into the plug sockets, but I find most of the time they don't work. However the plug socket I used did work on 3309 which I was happy about! Might it be better to have the advertisement stating that "Charging ports are available on this vehicle" or something like that rather than USB sockets? I think the advertisement for USB sockets is on the new update with the new Arriva Sapphire logo, as it showed on 3309. But the next stop announcements themselves did not sound.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 27, 2019, 09:05:10 PM
Hi,

Firstly I would like to say how much I enjoyed your Arriva Click service in Leicester this evening. The bus was very nice, brilliant Driver and all in all a really good service (vehicle reg RF68FMC)

Have Arriva ever thought of introducing a Similar service in Cannock/Stafford as a way to increase patronage/compete against taxis and uber/Ola?

Hi

Glad you liked it!  I think it is really good.

The team that looks after Click are always looking at options of where it can be launched next but I don't know what the firm plans are.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 28, 2019, 02:37:57 AM
I noticed this the other day when I caught the 2E from Cannock @Simon@Arriva. The vehicles do infact have USB charging ports fitted into the plug sockets, but I find most of the time they don't work. However the plug socket I used did work on 3309 which I was happy about! Might it be better to have the advertisement stating that "Charging ports are available on this vehicle" or something like that rather than USB sockets? I think the advertisement for USB sockets is on the new update with the new Arriva Sapphire logo, as it showed on 3309. But the next stop announcements themselves did not sound.

Thanks for the feedback. 

Pat

@Simon@Arriva given the high levels of housing development in the Shifnal area, are there any plans to introduce a service to some of the new estates?

l.murphy123

@Simon@Arriva See attachment. Will the number 2 divert the 2A route as previously when the bridge has been closed? We are all fed up of this disruption and I bet you are too as it affects your route.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

LazyGuy222

Hey Simon,

Not sure if you know the Leicester operation well, but do you know what the plans are for the removal of the B7TLs from Wigston and DB250s from Thurmaston? Also what'll be replacing them. I'm guessing more E400MMCs but hope you'd be able to clarify. Thanks

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on June 30, 2019, 02:19:46 PM
Hey Simon,

Not sure if you know the Leicester operation well, but do you know what the plans are for the removal of the B7TLs from Wigston and DB250s from Thurmaston? Also what'll be replacing them. I'm guessing more E400MMCs but hope you'd be able to clarify. Thanks

Hi

No plans that I am aware of.

Westy

Don't  know if you've actually sent leaflets down to  Walsall yet but the lady behind the counter could only give out photocopies of the version that is  on the Staffs site.

(The 'chapter & verse' version that lists every stop!)

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on July 01, 2019, 04:59:30 PM
Don't  know if you've actually sent leaflets down to  Walsall yet but the lady behind the counter could only give out photocopies of the version that is  on the Staffs site.

(The 'chapter & verse' version that lists every stop!)

OK thanks,

Will get some taken there asap.

TT90

Hi Simon,

Can you purchase cash single only fares on the number 9 between Wolverhampton and Worfield or is it app, daysavers only ?

Thanks,

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: TT90 on July 02, 2019, 06:42:59 PM
Hi Simon,

Can you purchase cash single only fares on the number 9 between Wolverhampton and Worfield or is it app, daysavers only ?

Thanks,

Hi

Yes you can.

Westy

This will probably  be more a TfWm issue than yours  specifically, but if the timetable has changed by now, the bus stops between Bloxwich & Walsall  have not been  updated  yet after 5 days, both the flags & the timetable posters.

(I like all operators to have a level playing field!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk