News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on June 13, 2019, 06:39:29 PM
Have you had much feedback about the Sprinters?

I tried one on the 25 not long after you took it over, from Bloxwich, but had to get off at Pelsall, as the speed humps around the Leamore area didnt half give my back gyp!

Dont remember the other operators on the route having similar issues.

Hi

No feedback at all has reached me from customers but we may have had some through Customer Services and in the depot.  Drivers like them and are sorry to see them go.  Sorry to hear about your back.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on June 14, 2019, 04:14:35 PM
There might be a bit of reeducation needed for both passengers & drivers on routes crossing from Staffs into Wm.

Case in point, the number 1 Ive just caught from Walsall, the driver had to advise 2 female passengers that their Stafford / Cannock tickets were not valid from Walsall & they should have had a Midlands one instead!

Ok thanks.  I will ask the depot manager to get something out.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: BusMan Greg on June 13, 2019, 06:29:40 PM
What influenced arriva to make that decision, although I ain't complaining this idea is 10 times better than the original plan

Various feedback from customers, drivers and local stakeholders.  Happy to listen and make changes if we can.

leepenfold30

Are Cannock Sprinters for Hinckley 1002 1003 1004 is that correct

When will they head for Hinckley Simon

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: leepenfold30 on June 17, 2019, 10:16:21 AM
Are Cannock Sprinters for Hinckley 1002 1003 1004 is that correct

When will they head for Hinckley Simon

Yes.

Should be there by end of this week.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on June 17, 2019, 08:35:46 AM
Hi Lee.

Sorry to read this.  I have asked the depot manager to investigate.

Thanks. Less of an issue during the day especially when the 1 will be more frequent but last bus at night should be on time or even a few mins late.

When will timetables be in cannock / Wyrley?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Rich-82

Just thought I mention it but the driver of the 14.30 service 1 to sutton hill telford is running 5 mins late which is not his fault as it arrived late in on its previous journey but I dont think he driving safely in regards to speed in a bit up area of the route ie possibly doing more than 30mph.

Sorry if this seems negative but I thought it needs highliting

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Rich-82 on June 19, 2019, 02:49:37 PM
Just thought I mention it but the driver of the 14.30 service 1 to sutton hill telford is running 5 mins late which is not his fault as it arrived late in on its previous journey but I dont think he driving safely in regards to speed in a bit up area of the route ie possibly doing more than 30mph.

Sorry if this seems negative but I thought it needs highliting

OK thanks for the feedback.  Have passed on to the depot.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on June 17, 2019, 01:25:39 PM
Thanks. Less of an issue during the day especially when the 1 will be more frequent but last bus at night should be on time or even a few mins late.

When will timetables be in cannock / Wyrley?

We are doing the delivery rounds this week.

Westy

Simon, you're probably aware from when you worked for NX, that faretables for services were made available on their website.

Any plans for Arriva to do the same?

l.murphy123

@Simon@Arriva The number 1 on the new timetable departs from cannock one minute before the X51. Is this deliberate or coincidence? Will this not block Stand 8? There's only 1 space for a bus to wait perhaps you should put the 1 and 2 at the same stand like before.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bob

Why do your Streetlites STILL advertise USB charging when its obvious that the sockets are STILL all dead! Surely youre breaching some trading standards as the product isnt sold as advertised? If i bought a pair of jeans advertised with buttons and their werent any?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on June 23, 2019, 03:27:00 PM
Simon, you're probably aware from when you worked for NX, that faretables for services were made available on their website.

Any plans for Arriva to do the same?

There is a new website planned but I am not sure what features this will have or when it will be available. 

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on June 23, 2019, 05:08:05 PM
@Simon@Arriva The number 1 on the new timetable departs from cannock one minute before the X51. Is this deliberate or coincidence? Will this not block Stand 8? There's only 1 space for a bus to wait perhaps you should put the 1 and 2 at the same stand like before.

Coincidence due to the way the running times work.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on June 25, 2019, 06:26:10 AM
Why do your Streetlites STILL advertise USB charging when its obvious that the sockets are STILL all dead! Surely youre breaching some trading standards as the product isnt sold as advertised? If i bought a pair of jeans advertised with buttons and their werent any?

Thanks for this.  Do you have a fleet number please?  The last one I was on had them working.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk