News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on May 26, 2019, 10:15:09 AM
Define cuts?

Cutting local services to put more resources on routes facing competition & increasing the frequency of those instead.

Bob

Other than one bus, the 06 plate Comnanders are still rough and threadbare despite being one of the main workhorses of the fleet  on both local and interurban services. Has the retrim programme been abandoned?

Simon@Arriva

I appreciate the comments and questions but, at this stage, I won't say too much more about the service changes.  I hope you understand why.  Some of the changes have been in development for a few weeks and some have been developed more recently.  Once more details are in the public domain, I will happily talk about them and answer questions.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on May 26, 2019, 07:18:45 PM
Other than one bus, the 06 plate Comnanders are still rough and threadbare despite being one of the main workhorses of the fleet  on both local and interurban services. Has the retrim programme been abandoned?

Still the plan to retrim them but other things have ended up getting in the way.

Bob

Is the X51 having an impact on the Cannock to Walsall services?

Westy

Ermm.

You've just started tidying up the rebranding of the Sapphire's, getting rid of references of old 2a branding, as flagged on here in the past, in favour of the 'correct' 2e branding?

Now you've renumbered 2e back to 2a!

Let's hope someone remembers to change the current branding on the ones already done.

Smethwickian

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on May 26, 2019, 08:59:23 PM
I appreciate the comments and questions but, at this stage, I won't say too much more about the service changes.  I hope you understand why.  Some of the changes have been in development for a few weeks and some have been developed more recently.  Once more details are in the public domain, I will happily talk about them and answer questions.
Always puzzling when bus companies refuse to give more than two or three weeks' notice of  actual changes and timetable details. After all, do they not now have to give 56 days' notice (eight weeks) to the traffic commissioner?Are people in Hednesford, Wimblebury, Cannock Wood and parts of Burntwood expected to make alternative arrangements for work, school or college  with less notice?
Cut after cut to bus services really will not be halted in future, let alone reversed, by operators (and local authorities) who try to avoid publicising changes and simply refuse to promote, advertise or market what is left.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on May 27, 2019, 07:40:20 AM
Ermm.

You've just started tidying up the rebranding of the Sapphire's, getting rid of references of old 2a branding, as flagged on here in the past, in favour of the 'correct' 2e branding?

Now you've renumbered 2e back to 2a!

Let's hope someone remembers to change the current branding on the ones already done.

Hi,

We will get them changed at the time.  Didn't want any missing bits of the branding between now and 28th June.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Smethwickian on May 27, 2019, 09:44:44 AM
Always puzzling when bus companies refuse to give more than two or three weeks' notice of  actual changes and timetable details. After all, do they not now have to give 56 days' notice (eight weeks) to the traffic commissioner?Are people in Hednesford, Wimblebury, Cannock Wood and parts of Burntwood expected to make alternative arrangements for work, school or college  with less notice?
Cut after cut to bus services really will not be halted in future, let alone reversed, by operators (and local authorities) who try to avoid publicising changes and simply refuse to promote, advertise or market what is left.

Hi

There is no longer 8 weeks notice to the Traffic Commissioner.  Instead we have to give the local authorities 4 weeks notice and then we register for 6 weeks.  The 4 weeks is a 'consultation' so things can change as we discuss with the Councils. 

We are well advanced for the timetable leaflets and we will get the information out asap.  The changes will be publicised.

Grinder

On the subject of re branding, are 3742 and 3743 remaining in Cannock and if so when are they going to lose the 'Connecting Tamworth' branding for the correct 'Connecting Staffordshire' ?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Grinder on May 28, 2019, 08:28:16 AM
On the subject of re branding, are 3742 and 3743 remaining in Cannock and if so when are they going to lose the 'Connecting Tamworth' branding for the correct 'Connecting Staffordshire' ?

Hi

In hand as they will be staying at Cannock.

Is there likely to be an sort of replacement for the 25 TFWM tendered service, or is the service going completely?
The registration said it was cancelled from the 16th?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: 2206 on May 29, 2019, 09:30:08 PM
Is there likely to be an sort of replacement for the 25 TFWM tendered service, or is the service going completely?
The registration said it was cancelled from the 16th?

Hi

Cancelled by us as that is the last date of the emergency tender.  Long term tender being evaluated and we expect a decision imminently to see who the operator will be.  Service will still run after 15th June.

Bob

Service changes at the end of this month in Cannock and still no updates? ????

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on June 03, 2019, 01:45:44 PM
Service changes at the end of this month in Cannock and still no updates? ????

Updates on here or for the general public?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk