News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on May 03, 2019, 01:30:51 PM
All we can say Simon, is you need a hell of a lot of luck there, to get back to somewhere near the glory days of Midland Red!

On the subject of open days, I suppose this would come down to paying a driver unless they volunteered themselves, have you ever thought of sending a bus over to Aston Manor in Aldridge on one of the Sunday running days?

It might help with the company's public image.

(There was a old Midland Red towing vehicle, which I put a pic of on Arriva's Fb page earlier this week, there, plus Tamworth did send one of its Sapphires to the Cannon Hill bash a couple of years as well!)

Happy to send a bus to the Aston Manor event - do we need an invite?

ntw456

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on May 07, 2019, 03:31:56 PM
Happy to send a bus to the Aston Manor event - do we need an invite?

I'd be happy to take one @Simon@Arriva unpaid

Simon@Arriva

Westy

Suggest you contact Aston Manor via Facebook, as they would know the ins & outs, plus the events list is / will be on there.

(Tony might know more, as a Walsall Platinum went there before it entered service a few years ago!)

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on May 07, 2019, 03:31:15 PM
We feel it also detracts  from the "fast and direct" Cannock to Stafford service..

You should advertise it as fast and direct on the timetables and posters etc. and highlight that late night journey ive mentioned it to a couple of people who say that might use it now they know.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bob

Caught the 6.06 X51 to Bham this morning. At 6.01 the Number 1 that isnt due out till 6.13 proceeded to block the bus stand while the driver sat reading the paper. Acceptable to block a bus stand for 12 mins so that the preceding service from that stop cant use it?

l.murphy123

@Simon@Arriva Have you got any plans to make changes to the 1/2/2E in the near future?
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on May 08, 2019, 01:30:17 PM
@Simon@Arriva Have you got any plans to make changes to the 1/2/2E in the near future?

Hi

I can't comment.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on May 07, 2019, 07:39:04 PM
You should advertise it as fast and direct on the timetables and posters etc. and highlight that late night journey ive mentioned it to a couple of people who say that might use it now they know.

Hi,

Sorry, now they know what?

ntw456

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on May 07, 2019, 04:56:13 PM
Thanks.

What dates are the events?

Hi Simon, the Birmingham bus bash is on 8th September, Showbus is the 29th September, wythall usually have events on bank holidays.

l.murphy123

Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: ntw456 on May 08, 2019, 10:26:17 PM
Hi Simon, the Birmingham bus bash is on 8th September, Showbus is the 29th September, wythall usually have events on bank holidays.

OK thanks.

Westy

Simon.

I've checked the online timetable & assumed it was late anyway.

A 2 bus arrived in Bloxwich towards Walsall approx 1655 today(Was surprised as I dont normally see one at this time!)

I got off the bus 5 mins later at my stop & noticed the driver had changed the display to ' Sorry Not In Service'.

I'm assuming, as the driver was late, plus he probably wouldnt had got any passengers to Walsall otherwise, he decided to run private anyway.

I'm hoping if there was other passengers, he asked them first!

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on May 17, 2019, 05:21:30 PM
Simon.

I've checked the online timetable & assumed it was late anyway.

A 2 bus arrived in Bloxwich towards Walsall approx 1655 today(Was surprised as I dont normally see one at this time!)

I got off the bus 5 mins later at my stop & noticed the driver had changed the display to ' Sorry Not In Service'.

I'm assuming, as the driver was late, plus he probably wouldnt had got any passengers to Walsall otherwise, he decided to run private anyway.

I'm hoping if there was other passengers, he asked them first!

Thanks for this.  I have got the depot investigating and appropriate action will be taken.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk