News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on March 28, 2019, 10:04:25 AM
That's interesting... First time you will operate in the west mids other than the 1/2/3/110 for a while! Are these from iGo by any chance?

Yes from Igo

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Solo1 on March 28, 2019, 10:23:35 AM
What's going to be used on 19 solos

SR Solo as they have to be Euro 5

Westy

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on March 28, 2019, 08:56:02 AM
Hi

Timetables for our 19 and 25 tenders from Monday are now on our website. 

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/midlands/services/19---walsall-to-bloxwich/

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/midlands/services/25---kingstanding-to-bloxwich/

25 will be Sprinter operated.

What fleet numbers are Sprinters on the photos,  as I cant place one?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on March 28, 2019, 06:44:48 PM
What fleet numbers are Sprinters on the photos,  as I cant place one?

They were:

1011 - Hemel
1017 - Southend
1018 - Northfleet

Now renumbered 1002, 1003, 1004

Bob

Do you think the allocation of the unrepainted, absolutely threadbare Dart was an acceptable allocation on the Sapphire routes today? Considering the array of other vehicles that could have been used? Its Cannocks shabbiest vehicle. How many Sapphires were off the road? Take it more than one?

l.murphy123

Quote from: Bob on March 29, 2019, 05:18:20 PM
Do you think the allocation of the unrepainted, absolutely threadbare Dart was an acceptable allocation on the Sapphire routes today? Considering the array of other vehicles that could have been used? Its Cannocks shabbiest vehicle. How many Sapphires were off the road? Take it more than one?

Might have to agree with Bob for once here - it was pretty poor I didn't want to sit down the seats looked grim. Also the front screen said '1 Walsall' ok but the route underneath was an illegible string of shapes. Not seen it around before so must have been short of vehicles or something.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Tony

Quote from: l.murphy123 on March 29, 2019, 08:29:00 PM
Might have to agree with Bob for once here - it was pretty poor I didn't want to sit down the seats looked grim. Also the front screen said '1 Walsall' ok but the route underneath was an illegible string of shapes. Not seen it around before so must have been short of vehicles or something.

Perhaps the pair of you need to see what is involved with running a garage. If something happens and it can be as simple as someone being sick on a bus and the bus needs to be taken out of service. The a good operator will use the easiest available bus to keep the service running. That vehicle might be a ropey looking vehicle, but if it's legal and roadworthy then you use it in preference to leaving passenger standing on the roadside while you look for a better bus that will probably need removing from another service to replace it

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on March 29, 2019, 05:18:20 PM

Hi

This is not ideal but sometimes a choice is between a bus or no bus.  The vast majority of customers would like a bus.  It was not allocated in the morning as I was down in Walsall Bus Station for a couple of hours and it was all Streetlites on the 1/2 when I was there.

To be fair to the depot team they were dealing with mobilising the 19/25 tenders at the end of last week and that was on top of the normal day job.

We have a new General Manager for Cannock starting today who I suspect will be pretty focused on the allocation of vehicles and other service delivery related issues.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on April 01, 2019, 08:25:57 AM
This is not ideal but sometimes a choice is between a bus or no bus.  The vast majority of customers would like a bus.

Fair point :-)
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on April 01, 2019, 08:25:57 AM
Hi

This is not ideal but sometimes a choice is between a bus or no bus.  The vast majority of customers would like a bus.  It was not allocated in the morning as I was down in Walsall Bus Station for a couple of hours and it was all Streetlites on the 1/2 when I was there.

To be fair to the depot team they were dealing with mobilising the 19/25 tenders at the end of last week and that was on top of the normal day job.

We have a new General Manager for Cannock starting today who I suspect will be pretty focused on the allocation of vehicles and other service delivery related issues.

But what was tje point of a spare Sapphire bus if its not used as said spare?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on April 01, 2019, 03:43:29 PM
But what was tje point of a spare Sapphire bus if its not used as said spare?

It is not kept in the depot doing nothing all day - if not needed in the morning for run out it is allocated to another route.  If it can be swapped on to the 1/2 during the day to cover then it will be but not always possible at short notice.

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on April 01, 2019, 04:17:16 PM
It is not kept in the depot doing nothing all day - if not needed in the morning for run out it is allocated to another route.  If it can be swapped on to the 1/2 during the day to cover then it will be but not always possible at short notice.

Just a general question , was there a particular reason that the Pulsar was refurbed to a far lower standard compared to the ones at Leicester of similar vintage done for the 158? High backed seats, next stop announcements etc? 3795 is pretty much like a standard cannock refurbed example only with a different seat trim

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on April 01, 2019, 04:55:35 PM
Just a general question , was there a particular reason that the Pulsar was refurbed to a far lower standard compared to the ones at Leicester of similar vintage done for the 158? High backed seats, next stop announcements etc? 3795 is pretty much like a standard cannock refurbed example only with a different seat trim

No particular reason.

Bob

Thought it may be cost/income generated in comparison

Tony

Quote from: Busman Jamie on April 01, 2019, 06:28:06 PM
3795 is currently loaned to Tamworth along with 2370

3795 is certainly not on loan to Tamworth. It has just passed me in Hednesford on the Pye Greens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk