News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on March 06, 2019, 07:56:11 PM
Is it just Solo SRs replacing 3719/20 & all Cadets

There is a bit of flux in the fleet at the moment as we are also covering repaints/refurbs, retrofits for the Clean Air Zone (Tamworth vehicles being done at the moment) and some requirements further South for additional vehicles.

As far as I know the Solo SR are the only permanent replacements.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on March 06, 2019, 07:33:33 PM
Simon.

I gather Swift has now been introduced into Cannock.

Can you confirm/deny any of the following please?

I will NOT be able to use either the NBus Black Country or Walsall Low Fare passes in Cannock.

I can use my existing Swift Payg pass on your services in the Cannock area only.

(Is there a map? Basically I want to know, can I use the PAYG I have on journeys from Walsall/Bloxwich into Cannock/Hednesford, or does the fact I cross into South Staffs before going into Cannock council area knacker things up slightly?)

Hi,

The PAYG Swift cards are valid on all services that Cannock depot run from their start to their end. 

The NBus area has not been extended so no travel valid on Swift Nbus outside of the West Midlands area.

There is a map on the leaflet that TfWM made for the extension but this is not online but it is basically our network map less the Stafford to Telford 5.

You can travel cross boundary with PAYG yes.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Simon

Westy

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on March 21, 2019, 04:13:00 PM
Hi,

The PAYG Swift cards are valid on all services that Cannock depot run from their start to their end. 

The NBus area has not been extended so no travel valid on Swift Nbus outside of the West Midlands area.

There is a map on the leaflet that TfWM made for the extension but this is not online but it is basically our network map less the Stafford to Telford 5.

You can travel cross boundary with PAYG yes.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Simon

Cheers for that.

Is that from now?

Westy

When selecting the new ticket machine, was any consideration given to the fact that you have to stick your hand through the vandal screen to access the scanner?

The machine is suitable for vehicles without vandal screens, like Diamonds, but for vehicles with a vandal screen, surely a set up similar to Nx's should have been.purchased instead?

BusMan Greg

Does anyone know what is happening to the old machines as I would be interested in purchasing one

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: BusMan Greg on March 25, 2019, 08:18:21 PM
Does anyone know what is happening to the old machines as I would be interested in purchasing one

Hi

They go back to Parkeon as they were only ever leased.  Sorry, no chance to buy one from us but Parkeon might sell one.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on March 25, 2019, 05:15:02 PM
When selecting the new ticket machine, was any consideration given to the fact that you have to stick your hand through the vandal screen to access the scanner?

The machine is suitable for vehicles without vandal screens, like Diamonds, but for vehicles with a vandal screen, surely a set up similar to Nx's should have been.purchased instead?

Hi,

The new ticket machines are part of a national roll out and as part of this each vehicle type in the Arriva UK fleet was surveyed for compatibility with the assault screen.  Some vehicles had changes made or the hole made bigger but this was not felt needed on all of them. 

Your comment is similar to that made by some drivers so I have asked for this to be looked at again.  Which type did you experience?

Thanks for the feedback.

Westy

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on March 25, 2019, 08:59:44 PM
Hi,

The new ticket machines are part of a national roll out and as part of this each vehicle type in the Arriva UK fleet was surveyed for compatibility with the assault screen.  Some vehicles had changes made or the hole made bigger but this was not felt needed on all of them. 

Your comment is similar to that made by some drivers so I have asked for this to be looked at again.  Which type did you experience?

Thanks for the feedback.

Was on the Sapphire!

bovaman

whats cracking off with 60/825 routes vehicle allocation, lots of end of life small capacity old scruffy heaps allocated regularly again,,,,,,,,,, yes solos!!!!!!!!!!  on busy interurban workings!!!  must be commercial suicide, whilst big expensive refurbished vehicles are driving around Stafford locals empty most of the time!! , Surely you can find a better class of vehicle for this route?? its becoming a joke. Why are the newer bigger refurbished vehicles not allowed on this route allocation? losing the will to live with using the services tbh, not a good advert to encourage public transport at all im afraid for us distance travellers.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: bovaman on March 26, 2019, 06:44:34 PM
whats cracking off with 60/825 routes vehicle allocation, lots of end of life small capacity old scruffy heaps allocated regularly again,,,,,,,,,, yes solos!!!!!!!!!!  on busy interurban workings!!!  must be commercial suicide, whilst big expensive refurbished vehicles are driving around Stafford locals empty most of the time!! , Surely you can find a better class of vehicle for this route?? its becoming a joke. Why are the newer bigger refurbished vehicles not allowed on this route allocation? losing the will to live with using the services tbh, not a good advert to encourage public transport at all im afraid for us distance travellers.

Hi

Thanks for this.  I am on the case.

Simon@Arriva

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on March 28, 2019, 08:56:02 AM
Hi

Timetables for our 19 and 25 tenders from Monday are now on our website. 

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/midlands/services/19---walsall-to-bloxwich/

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/midlands/services/25---kingstanding-to-bloxwich/

25 will be Sprinter operated.

That's interesting... First time you will operate in the west mids other than the 1/2/3/110 for a while! Are these from iGo by any chance?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Solo1

What's going to be used on 19 solos

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk