News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on February 14, 2019, 05:34:33 PM
Are there any plans to get rid of the Streetlites? Even the Cadets would be better on the 1 & 2 lol. Theyre truly the absolute worst buses Cannock have ever had and thats going sone. Half of em look shabby with pieces of branding missing on some ( for at least a year! ) missing route numbers on branding ( one now just has number 1) , they should just admit that no Cannock route was deserving of Sapphire status ( evidently not the number 1 as it was a 20 minute service all day pre sapphire- so upgrading it must have actually lost passengers- the opposite of what the sapphiring was intended to do) & put better, normal buses back on ( it wouldnt be hard virtually anything else the garage has)

Hi,

No plans to get rid of them.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Brick60000 on February 15, 2019, 02:05:12 PM
Simon, are you please able to clarify the boundaries for the Staffs/Cannock saver ticket? The latest map on the website shows this to include Rugeley as well. Is this correct?

Hi,

It is incorrect - I have already asked for it to be amended.  There is a new day ticket for travel between Rugeley and Cannock at the same price however.  This can be bought on a Rugeley local service or on the 63.

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on February 15, 2019, 05:02:08 PM
Hi,

No plans to get rid of them.
Any plans to at least reapply missing branding? Respray them? So they dont look like a value brand version of Platinium lol

l.murphy123

@Simon@Arriva Couldn't you run Lichfield services from Tamworth garage on Sundays? E.g. 765 to Lichfield then 60 to Cannock? The 10A from National Express is doing well based on when ive used it on a Sunday. Also if a Cannock-Birmingham bus wouldn't work what about a Lichfield-Birmingham?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Brick60000

Quote from: l.murphy123 on February 17, 2019, 04:58:35 PM
@Simon@Arriva Couldn't you run Lichfield services from Tamworth garage on Sundays? E.g. 765 to Lichfield then 60 to Cannock? The 10A from National Express is doing well based on when ive used it on a Sunday. Also if a Cannock-Birmingham bus wouldn't work what about a Lichfield-Birmingham?

I've often wondered this. Routes such as the 825 always seemed fairly busy on Sundays. Are there any plans at all to reintroduce some form of Sunday service to the area?

l.murphy123

Quote from: Brick60000 on February 17, 2019, 06:07:17 PM
I've often wondered this. Routes such as the 825 always seemed fairly busy on Sundays. Are there any plans at all to reintroduce some form of Sunday service to the area?

2E was busy on Sundays whenever I used it. The main links between areas are most important... i.e. 2E, 60, 74, 765, 825.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Westy

They do need to look at the routing between Bloxwich & Walsall as Nx & Diamond do have it sewn up.

What is Arriva's selling point for that route, because 4 bph per hour versus Nx & Diamond every 3 mins with inter operator ticket availability, you know where the passengers are going to go?

Tony

Quote from: l.murphy123 on February 18, 2019, 09:12:20 PM
TfWM still doing a better job than Staffordshire! Before you even get on a bus, look at the state of some of the bus stations and stops. Also perhaps TfWM could partially subsidise the 2E evenings if it went via Turnberry like the daytime number 2 which is partially subsidised for this patch...

Can we keep this topic to questions not General chat or other people answering the questions. It makes it far easier for Simon to see what needs answering

Bob

Are the rest of the 06 plate Commanders to be retrimmed? As i remember you saying how great it was that passengers on the Pye Greens commented about the "new buses" re the refurbished Pulsars when they were on there. I wouldnt think theyd be overly impressed with the state of the insides of what theyve been replaced with...

Bob

Also not sure if this has been answered already but is 2731 permanently back or just temporary

Bob

If i buy a £4.20 cannock and stafford daysaver on the 70 from Longford can i then use it all the way to Stafford on the 74/75?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on February 22, 2019, 09:53:30 AM
If i buy a £4.20 cannock and stafford daysaver on the 70 from Longford can i then use it all the way to Stafford on the 74/75?

Yes

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on February 19, 2019, 09:03:25 PM
Also not sure if this has been answered already but is 2731 permanently back or just temporary

Temporary.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on February 18, 2019, 10:56:06 PM
Are the rest of the 06 plate Commanders to be retrimmed? As i remember you saying how great it was that passengers on the Pye Greens commented about the "new buses" re the refurbished Pulsars when they were on there. I wouldnt think theyd be overly impressed with the state of the insides of what theyve been replaced with...

yes, that is the plan.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Brick60000 on February 17, 2019, 06:07:17 PM

No

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk