News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Where do you get timetable leaflets in Cannock thesedays?

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on January 22, 2019, 12:44:52 PM
Hi

It was not too bad when I spent the day riding around on buses yesterday but too often it is not good enough.

The changes this weekend should make it easier and we have been clear about which vehicles will go on which route.  They need to stick to it now.

Does this mean you can have branded busses on some routes like you used to?

Did you go on any Sapphire 1, 2, 2E routes and if so what did you think? The disruption from Landywood bridge is making both the 1's and 2's late through no fault of your own, I do mention this to anyone waiting at a bus stop wondering why its a few minutes late. On the upside I can get either the number 1 or 2 from my nearest stop during the diversion, so works for me!
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Brick60000 on January 22, 2019, 03:26:55 PM
Are there any plans to update the stop signage in and around Stafford? Particularly as many will become two set of significant changes out of date from this weekend.

- Stops outside Wetherspoons still advertising 75A as the old 75A versus the 'new' 75A and 75B (iirc)
- Railway station stops advertising 76A/74/825 which is/will no longer be the case
- 8 as the through route as opposed to the new split route
- Some still advertise the 'old' 826/7/83x routes
- Etc

If they are to be changed, when can we expect them to be done? Friday night, or over the weekend?

Thanks for these.  We are doing our ones at the end of this week and over the weekend.  If they are County Council ones then that is up to them.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on January 22, 2019, 05:48:45 PM
Does this mean you can have branded busses on some routes like you used to?

Did you go on any Sapphire 1, 2, 2E routes and if so what did you think? The disruption from Landywood bridge is making both the 1's and 2's late through no fault of your own, I do mention this to anyone waiting at a bus stop wondering why its a few minutes late. On the upside I can get either the number 1 or 2 from my nearest stop during the diversion, so works for me!

Hi

Didn't do any 1/2/2E as we went to Lichfield and Stafford.  Next time!

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on January 23, 2019, 08:04:52 AM
Hi

Didn't do any 1/2/2E as we went to Lichfield and Stafford.  Next time!

I'd happily join you on that to see what you think. Maybe wait until the bridge is open though! Just to let you know Cheslyn Hay Memorial (towards Cannock) doesn't have a timetable or holder for one. Nor does Darges Lane stop on Station Road (towards Walsall, 2E).
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on January 23, 2019, 06:37:33 PM
I'd happily join you on that to see what you think. Maybe wait until the bridge is open though! Just to let you know Cheslyn Hay Memorial (towards Cannock) doesn't have a timetable or holder for one. Nor does Darges Lane stop on Station Road (towards Walsall, 2E).

Ok thanks.

Lichfield_Lad

Tamworth and Lichfield need an updated arriva network map  the current one shows the 765 going via boley Park, the x65 extending to tamworth college and the 35 being operated by arriva  >:(

l.murphy123

Good to see lichfield bus station shelter signs been updated. Shame the station overall isn't very nice at all.. council need to spend some money on it! Seen the new timetables at Cannock bus didnt see one for the H or 825.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Bob

Following the changes, whats the allocated vehicle type for Pye greens?

Brick60000

Are there any plans / potential to expand the coverage of Stafford? I'm thinking particularly of the new estates that have / are popping up. The one by Stafford Crematorium for instance. When the new link road opens between Tixall Rd / Weston Rd the H could be made into more of a circular route to cover these areas, perhaps? Seems a shame that all these new estates with potential for new passengers aren't served at all.

Grinder

Simon, I'm sorry to say that Stafford seems to be as a bit of a dead area as far as Arriva are concerned.  The rerouting of the 74/825 services away from the railway station on the premise that the congestion on the Newport road causes problems on service reliability is a bit of a red herring for two reasons, first the congestion is from the Queensville island into Stafford in the morning rush and from Stafford all the way to the Queensville island in the evening rush, taking out the Newport road section makes b****r all difference and second any time lost in Stafford can be regained on the rural sections of the routes.  There is little congestion on the Newport road during the day. The H service does not in any way compensate for the lost services to and from the County Hospital to Cannock and Lichfield.  My view is that the changes have been made to suit the interworking that takes place on these routes and has little to do with punctuality ie to suit Arriva NOT the customer.

Bob

Are the newly refurbed Pulsars no longer for Pye Greens? Solos, cadets, commanders 59 plate pulsar yesterday/today.  Is tge recently transferred in Pulsar from Tamworth permanent?

Bob

Is the allocation on the 70/10 now permanently 14-15 year old Darts? Seems a strange choice for one of the longer interurban services. Still, least its not Solos and the 54 plate Darts in particular are pretty good and can shift

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on February 02, 2019, 02:39:07 PM
Is the allocation on the 70/10 now permanently 14-15 year old Darts? Seems a strange choice for one of the longer interurban services. Still, least its not Solos and the 54 plate Darts in particular are pretty good and can shift

10/70 is now Dart allocation yes.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on January 30, 2019, 06:42:16 PM
Are the newly refurbed Pulsars no longer for Pye Greens? Solos, cadets, commanders 59 plate pulsar yesterday/today.  Is tge recently transferred in Pulsar from Tamworth permanent?

Pye Green will now be the original SB200 Commanders.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk