News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on January 15, 2019, 09:34:46 PM
Bit of an admission that "it could go on foreverc ie no investment in new vehicles. Thats assuming Cannock garage can stay viable surely?

Not an admission - just pointing out that when you said that 'it can't go on forever', it technically could. 

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on January 16, 2019, 08:31:57 AM
Not an admission - just pointing out that when you said that 'it can't go on forever', it technically could.

Hardly an ideal situation though surely? Poorly performing depot with no investment in new buses for years limps on another year ? 😐

leepenfold30

Which Derby Buses be transfered to other Arriva Depots once all 19 Streetlites are in service

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on January 16, 2019, 09:08:59 AM
Hardly an ideal situation though surely? Poorly performing depot with no investment in new buses for years limps on another year ? 😐

I didn't say it was or wasn't ideal.  Poorly performing???? 

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on January 16, 2019, 03:46:05 PM
I didn't say it was or wasn't ideal.  Poorly performing????

Well if it was well performing there'd be investment in new vehicles maybe?

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on January 16, 2019, 08:30:33 AM
I am trying to find out.  Yes the Sapphire leaflet will be printed.

Thanks. Will the 110 times change this month? and where can I pick one of those timetables up, corporation street travel shop?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

bovaman

i personally find that cannock's fleet utilisation is pretty poor, interurban routes again today [825] clapped out 13 year old bone shaker dart on whilst the newer bigger expensive asset  pulsars are driving around pye green with very light loads, the 60 & 74 again seems to get any old thing going,again whilst pye green gets big capacity and the most expensive assets at that depot.  Who ever allocates the vehicles at cannock aint doing the company many favours, or are they kept in cannock to save face from the withdrawal of the new buses that was brought for pye green a couple of years ago , guess they was removed off there as not viable so seems silly to put on ones from the interurban routes that actually carry good loads. Also them solos are not suitable for route's like the 74 / 825/ 60 but seem to be on there quite often all day if they actually last that long before expiring . Are the vehicles for the 825/826 set to improve from these old clapped out darts cadets and solos and lots of breakdowns and missing mileage ? The pulsars was a pleasure to travel on being larger capacity and a tool for the job so to speak, now its a journey to be dreaded or even avoided if possible, shame really its got to this stage now, with  unreliable or packed out for space on such passenger unfriendly small capacity old end of life vehicles.  ill get me coat lol

ntw456

Hi Simon,

When are the scanias at tamworth due for refurb? There starting to look tacky with threadbare seats and body damage.

Also 3006 is looking terrible as the wrap it's in, it's starting too peel in places and looks very unprofessional

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: ntw456 on January 17, 2019, 05:11:09 PM
Hi Simon,

When are the scanias at tamworth due for refurb? There starting to look tacky with threadbare seats and body damage.

Also 3006 is looking terrible as the wrap it's in, it's starting too peel in places and looks very unprofessional

Hi

No plans at the moment for the Tamworth Scanias but I will have a look at a few next time I am there.

I saw 3006 in Lichfield and I agree.  I will see what is possible with it.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on January 16, 2019, 06:47:15 PM
Thanks. Will the 110 times change this month? and where can I pick one of those timetables up, corporation street travel shop?

No 110 changes this month.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on January 16, 2019, 04:22:56 PM
Well if it was well performing there'd be investment in new vehicles maybe?

No investment in Oswestry, Shrewsbury, Telford or Tamworth either and Derby is due to clean air - not just Cannock.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: bovaman on January 16, 2019, 11:16:22 PM
i personally find that cannock's fleet utilisation is pretty poor, interurban routes again today [825] clapped out 13 year old bone shaker dart on whilst the newer bigger expensive asset  pulsars are driving around pye green with very light loads, the 60 & 74 again seems to get any old thing going,again whilst pye green gets big capacity and the most expensive assets at that depot.  Who ever allocates the vehicles at cannock aint doing the company many favours, or are they kept in cannock to save face from the withdrawal of the new buses that was brought for pye green a couple of years ago , guess they was removed off there as not viable so seems silly to put on ones from the interurban routes that actually carry good loads. Also them solos are not suitable for route's like the 74 / 825/ 60 but seem to be on there quite often all day if they actually last that long before expiring . Are the vehicles for the 825/826 set to improve from these old clapped out darts cadets and solos and lots of breakdowns and missing mileage ? The pulsars was a pleasure to travel on being larger capacity and a tool for the job so to speak, now its a journey to be dreaded or even avoided if possible, shame really its got to this stage now, with  unreliable or packed out for space on such passenger unfriendly small capacity old end of life vehicles.  ill get me coat lol

Hi

It was not too bad when I spent the day riding around on buses yesterday but too often it is not good enough.

The changes this weekend should make it easier and we have been clear about which vehicles will go on which route.  They need to stick to it now.

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on January 22, 2019, 12:43:33 PM
No investment in Oswestry, Shrewsbury, Telford or Tamworth either and Derby is due to clean air - not just Cannock.

Which of those garages has the oldest/worst condition fleet?

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on January 22, 2019, 12:44:52 PM
Hi

It was not too bad when I spent the day riding around on buses yesterday but too often it is not good enough.

The changes this weekend should make it easier and we have been clear about which vehicles will go on which route.  They need to stick to it now.

Which vehicles will/should be allocated to which routes? There was a solo on pye greens for most of last week ( or the week before not sure which) . 55 plate dart on today, also a cadet on last week. The sapphire pulsar is on pye greens today

Brick60000

Are there any plans to update the stop signage in and around Stafford? Particularly as many will become two set of significant changes out of date from this weekend.

- Stops outside Wetherspoons still advertising 75A as the old 75A versus the 'new' 75A and 75B (iirc)
- Railway station stops advertising 76A/74/825 which is/will no longer be the case
- 8 as the through route as opposed to the new split route
- Some still advertise the 'old' 826/7/83x routes
- Etc

If they are to be changed, when can we expect them to be done? Friday night, or over the weekend?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk