News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lichfield_Lad

Is the link to the new 825 826 827 828 timetable broken or just me

l.murphy123

New timetables are online just to let everyone know.

@Simon@Arriva Can you clarify the H route please? So it goes "South Walls > Hospital > Gaol Square" im presuming ot then starts again at South Walls, so can people get on at Gaol square to get to the hospital or not? Also what is the ticketing - will you accept 74/825 tickets or would thoae people have to pay twice? Cheers.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Lichfield_Lad on January 08, 2019, 05:39:41 PM
Is the link to the new 825 826 827 828 timetable broken or just me

Hi,
It is working for me on laptop and phone. 

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on January 08, 2019, 06:01:12 PM
New timetables are online just to let everyone know.

@Simon@Arriva Can you clarify the H route please? So it goes "South Walls > Hospital > Gaol Square" im presuming ot then starts again at South Walls, so can people get on at Gaol square to get to the hospital or not? Also what is the ticketing - will you accept 74/825 tickets or would thoae people have to pay twice? Cheers.

Hi

The H interworks with one of the other town routes (7 I think) and so you can't get on at Gaol Square for the Hospital.  What we hope will happen is that those people coming on 74/75 and the 825/6/7 will interchange at South Walls for the Hospital and at Gaol Square coming back to make it as easy as possible.

No through tickets so day ticket is best option.

Bob

Hi Simon, take a look at the first comment on this link showing an Arriva NE streetlite. Interesting. Wondered what your thoughts are? As you know, personally i think they're terrible.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on January 09, 2019, 08:52:55 PM
Hi

The H interworks with one of the other town routes (7 I think) and so you can't get on at Gaol Square for the Hospital.  What we hope will happen is that those people coming on 74/75 and the 825/6/7 will interchange at South Walls for the Hospital and at Gaol Square coming back to make it as easy as possible.

No through tickets so day ticket is best option.

That makes sense. Shame about the tickets, I was expecting something like a £1.00 supplement for passengers with 74 or 825/826 tickets.

On the topic of Sapphires when will the posters inside be updated? The route map is out of date... could use the updated one I sent you?
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on January 11, 2019, 10:36:52 PM
Hi Simon, take a look at the first comment on this link showing an Arriva NE streetlite. Interesting. Wondered what your thoughts are? As you know, personally i think they're terrible.

My thoughts are that I am happy to receive new buses for Derby and that we are able to contribute towards helping with cleaner air in the City.  I don't have any say over the new buses that Arriva buy and am glad of what I get.  I don't receive many passenger complaints about the Streetlites and very little is said to me from drivers about the ones at Cannock or Telford.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on January 12, 2019, 02:39:31 PM
That makes sense. Shame about the tickets, I was expecting something like a £1.00 supplement for passengers with 74 or 825/826 tickets.

On the topic of Sapphires when will the posters inside be updated? The route map is out of date... could use the updated one I sent you?

I still think that most people will be better off with a day ticket.

I am on to Marketing about the interiors of the Sapphires.

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on January 14, 2019, 04:37:33 PM
My thoughts are that I am happy to receive new buses for Derby and that we are able to contribute towards helping with cleaner air in the City.  I don't have any say over the new buses that Arriva buy and am glad of what I get.  I don't receive many passenger complaints about the Streetlites and very little is said to me from drivers about the ones at Cannock or Telford.

In Cannocks case they dont get any new buses. This will be the fifth consecutive year that they've had none. In the scheme of things thats quite bad and doesnt bode well. Sure its great that old buses are getting their interiors retrimmed finally but can that scenario go on forever do you think?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on January 14, 2019, 09:10:06 PM
In Cannocks case they dont get any new buses. This will be the fifth consecutive year that they've had none. In the scheme of things thats quite bad and doesnt bode well. Sure its great that old buses are getting their interiors retrimmed finally but can that scenario go on forever do you think?

It could go on forever as it could be that Cannock just receives cascades from other depots and never has any new of its own. 

New buses are expensive and, in a declining market (which the UK bus market is), hard to justify.  Derby has a specific need due to the Clean Air Zone requirements and if not for that then maybe wouldn't be getting any new ones either.

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on January 15, 2019, 08:06:28 AM
It could go on forever as it could be that Cannock just receives cascades from other depots and never has any new of its own. 

New buses are expensive and, in a declining market (which the UK bus market is), hard to justify.  Derby has a specific need due to the Clean Air Zone requirements and if not for that then maybe wouldn't be getting any new ones either.

Cannock must have declined further than most other depots would you say? Its average fleet age must be worse than the other garages.

Bob

Quote from: Bob on January 15, 2019, 10:47:14 AM
Cannock must have declined further than most other depots would you say? Its average fleet age must be worse than the other garages.

And its a shame because it'll become a self fulfilling prophecy., perpetual decline. NXWM seem to do well with investing etc in vehicles and refurbs. Are the Sapphirs routes suffering declining patronage? I ask because when they wete converted to Sapphire, the idea was to grow the routes/increase passengers, but afterwards the frequency of the 1 was cut from every 20 to 30 mins. That didnt really suggeat it had been successful to me etc.

l.murphy123

When will the printed timetables be at Cannock shopping centre? And does the 110 Sapphire have one printed?
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on January 15, 2019, 08:06:28 AM

Bit of an admission that "it could go on foreverc ie no investment in new vehicles. Thats assuming Cannock garage can stay viable surely?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on January 15, 2019, 06:47:38 PM
When will the printed timetables be at Cannock shopping centre? And does the 110 Sapphire have one printed?

I am trying to find out.  Yes the Sapphire leaflet will be printed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk