News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on December 17, 2018, 05:51:50 PM
No later buses on 2E compared to now (it will be 20.25 instead of 20.10).  1/2/2E still needs more work next year.

Cheers. On the note of 1/2/2E I wonder if Turnberry estate would benefit from being served on the 2E or whether this would cut off the golf course stretch of road? And perhaps the 2E could follow the number 2 route after Bloxwich Asda since The Pinfold is well served by 31/32.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Westy

Quote from: l.murphy123 on December 17, 2018, 11:30:41 PM
Cheers. On the note of 1/2/2E I wonder if Turnberry estate would benefit from being served on the 2E or whether this would cut off the golf course stretch of road? And perhaps the 2E could follow the number 2 route after Bloxwich Asda since The Pinfold is well served by 31/32.

Agree on the last sentence.

bovaman

just wondering why vehicles on the 825 route are usually the worst that cannock depot can find?
Those old darts, cadets and horrendous solo things are not suitable at all for these interurban routes.
Those pulsars are just wasted on pye green circulars, at many times just riding round with the odd 2 or 3 passengers per trip, if it was viable for this type of expensive vehicle, surely those brand new ones that had big promotion a couple of years back would still be on there??
I remember the press coverage about the new buses for the route 60 & 825 in 2011/12 to improve reliability, comfort and seating capacity's etc , but as ever those buses were rarely used from day one and was always on pye greens or cannock/stafford local circulars, and then some were re located else were in swap for old end of life tat.
Vehicle allocation at cannock seems very poor, every time i use the 825 its  clapped out old 12 to 16 year old bone shakers with barely enough seating to meet demand, and stinking of hot oil/diesel fumes from being thrashed for up to14 hours a day [if they last that long before breaking down]. shame really as it seems a well used route too. Not a good image for any company im sure? Hopefully January changes might see a up turn on vehicle allocation ?? or perhaps inter link it with pye greens haha :)

ntw456

Hi Simon, just a quick one is 3806 coming back to tamworth? As I've seen pictures of it in service atcannock and it has Arriva connecting Staffordshire on the side

Bob

Planning to refurb the other 57 plate Commander at Cannock? Any upcoming fleet changes that will coincide with the service changes?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: ntw456 on December 20, 2018, 06:39:03 PM
Hi Simon, just a quick one is 3806 coming back to tamworth? As I've seen pictures of it in service atcannock and it has Arriva connecting Staffordshire on the side

Hi

Yes both 3805 and 3806 will be at Tamworth.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on December 20, 2018, 07:36:15 PM
Planning to refurb the other 57 plate Commander at Cannock? Any upcoming fleet changes that will coincide with the service changes?

There may be a cascade from Derby in the new year and we will be doing some more refurbs on vehicles - most likely the Volvo vehicles for a full repaint and then the Commanders for the seats.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: bovaman on December 19, 2018, 11:01:25 PM
just wondering why vehicles on the 825 route are usually the worst that cannock depot can find?
Those old darts, cadets and horrendous solo things are not suitable at all for these interurban routes.
Those pulsars are just wasted on pye green circulars, at many times just riding round with the odd 2 or 3 passengers per trip, if it was viable for this type of expensive vehicle, surely those brand new ones that had big promotion a couple of years back would still be on there??
I remember the press coverage about the new buses for the route 60 & 825 in 2011/12 to improve reliability, comfort and seating capacity's etc , but as ever those buses were rarely used from day one and was always on pye greens or cannock/stafford local circulars, and then some were re located else were in swap for old end of life tat.
Vehicle allocation at cannock seems very poor, every time i use the 825 its  clapped out old 12 to 16 year old bone shakers with barely enough seating to meet demand, and stinking of hot oil/diesel fumes from being thrashed for up to14 hours a day [if they last that long before breaking down]. shame really as it seems a well used route too. Not a good image for any company im sure? Hopefully January changes might see a up turn on vehicle allocation ?? or perhaps inter link it with pye greens haha :)

Thanks for this.  The Volvo vehicles should be on the 825 and I will have a look at the recent allocation to see what has been happening.

Simon@Arriva

Merry Christmas to everyone.  I hope you have a happy, healthy and peaceful new year.

Thanks for all your comments and questions on here - it is always interesting and thought provoking and I hope I can use it to make what we do that little bit better.

Westy

Cant Cannock have any of those vehicles like what Telford have run on the Wolves to Bridgnorth service?

They have a curved roof at the front ISTR.

I think Cannock had one on loan a few years back!

They would been good Sapphire refurbished.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on December 20, 2018, 09:30:28 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone.  I hope you have a happy, healthy and peaceful new year.

Thanks for all your comments and questions on here - it is always interesting and thought provoking and I hope I can use it to make what we do that little bit better.

Merry Christmas Simon, thanks again for co-operating with my mission this year. Hope you can update us in the new year with anymore information - hopefully timetables.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on December 20, 2018, 09:28:26 PM
There may be a cascade from Derby in the new year and we will be doing some more refurbs on vehicles - most likely the Volvo vehicles for a full repaint and then the Commanders for the seats.

That means an influx of 10 or 11 year old Solos?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on December 20, 2018, 10:11:40 PM
Cant Cannock have any of those vehicles like what Telford have run on the Wolves to Bridgnorth service?

They have a curved roof at the front ISTR.

I think Cannock had one on loan a few years back!

They would been good Sapphire refurbished.

Do you mean Optare Versas?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on December 21, 2018, 06:07:58 AM
That means an influx of 10 or 11 year old Solos?

Possibly some but there may be 3 way swaps with other depots that brings other vehicles in.  I am awaiting the final proposed plan.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk