News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Is late Jan when the changes will take effect or when theyll be announced

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on November 29, 2018, 04:28:40 PM
Is late Jan when the changes will take effect or when theyll be announced

When they take effect.

Bob

Ah ok. Are any routes being dropped/passed to other operators or anything like that?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on November 29, 2018, 04:41:41 PM
Ah ok. Are any routes being dropped/passed to other operators or anything like that?

No

l.murphy123

Can you start by spelling 'Wyrley' correctly on the front of the number 2 lol??

Look forward to hearing about it though. Hope some later journeys will return too. Please keep Great Wyrley & Cheslyn Hay well connected :D
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

l.murphy123

Oh could I also ask when will you publish the christmas timetables? Hopefully not too many 'sunday services' as they don't exist. Cheers.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on November 29, 2018, 05:10:31 PM
Oh could I also ask when will you publish the christmas timetables? Hopefully not too many 'sunday services' as they don't exist. Cheers.

Due out this week but in essence:

Christmas and New Years Eve is a Saturday service with early finishes around 6pm
No service Christmas, Boxing or New Years Day
Saturday service 27/28 December

Westy

Noticed one of the 'old' Sapphires has had it's next stop information finally updated.

(It was on the Service 2 just after 2pm from Walsall today!)

Only thing is, the audio & visual announcements are out of sync!

For example (AUDIO : Next Stop - Long Acre Street) Visual - Next Stop - Walsall Bus Station, until you are right on top of the stop, then the screen changes to read 'You are now approaching Long Acre Street'.
(Long Acre Street should have been flagged visually as soon as you left Walsall!)

Also in Leamore, nothing flagged after Comwall Close visually, but you get an audio annoucement for 'Green Lane', but no audio for 'Addenbrooke Street', which was as far as I went!

Bob

Got a little challenge for you Simon if you're up for it. Have a look  at the  seats of 3726, it was on the 70 today, particularly the seats in the stepped area. The seats are actually threadbare ( as are many of the same batch), but as i understand theres no plans for a desperately needed retrim for any of them. Thats fair enough, if its unaffordable at the moment etc. But could anything else be done? Like a steam clean maybe? They are filthy, really filthy, and smell terrible too. Have a look at the interior, ide be interested to see what your thoughts were, and if you were happy with the condition/think the level of cleanliness was acceptable etc 😃

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on December 01, 2018, 03:29:18 PM
Got a little challenge for you Simon if you're up for it. Have a look  at the  seats of 3726, it was on the 70 today, particularly the seats in the stepped area. The seats are actually threadbare ( as are many of the same batch), but as i understand theres no plans for a desperately needed retrim for any of them. Thats fair enough, if its unaffordable at the moment etc. But could anything else be done? Like a steam clean maybe? They are filthy, really filthy, and smell terrible too. Have a look at the interior, ide be interested to see what your thoughts were, and if you were happy with the condition/think the level of cleanliness was acceptable etc 😃

I will look when I am there on Tuesday.  Thanks for the challenge!

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on November 30, 2018, 03:31:05 PM
Noticed one of the 'old' Sapphires has had it's next stop information finally updated.

(It was on the Service 2 just after 2pm from Walsall today!)

Only thing is, the audio & visual announcements are out of sync!

For example (AUDIO : Next Stop - Long Acre Street) Visual - Next Stop - Walsall Bus Station, until you are right on top of the stop, then the screen changes to read 'You are now approaching Long Acre Street'.
(Long Acre Street should have been flagged visually as soon as you left Walsall!)

Also in Leamore, nothing flagged after Comwall Close visually, but you get an audio annoucement for 'Green Lane', but no audio for 'Addenbrooke Street', which was as far as I went!

Ok thanks.  I will let the team know and get it updated.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on December 02, 2018, 08:05:24 PM
Ok thanks.  I will let the team know and get it updated.

Will the refurb sapphire have a screen with next stop announcements? and will the 'old' sapphires get resprayed to the new design?
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Thenuneatonbusspotter

Are you guys looking at route branding the 74? as it's always a mix between the old 158 streetlites (Arriva interurban) and e200mmcs (2017 Arriva) (This is the bus to Coventry btw)
Yes, I have a YouTube channel. Deal. With. It.
Other aliases: The British Gamer, Myles W, Mylesminecraft

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on December 02, 2018, 08:04:13 PM
I will look when I am there on Tuesday.  Thanks for the challenge!

Awesome! I reckon a steam seat clean or something like it would make a massive difference

Bob

Re the upcoming changes to the network in January, do you expect any fleet changes alongside it?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk