News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on November 22, 2018, 08:32:08 AM
Swaps are happening at the moment - if it wasn't last weekend it will be this one.

Theres two 59 plates at Cannock currently then? Are they expecting a third?

Westy

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on November 22, 2018, 08:33:20 AM
Timetables were delivered to Walsall bus station a few weeks ago.

They were delivered yes, but they wont stick them on the shelf where they should be.

You have to ask for them.

Simon@Arriva

FYI 3741 has had new seat coverings and is due to go in the paint shop at the end of the week.  I am quite excited about that!

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on November 28, 2018, 01:34:33 PM
FYI 3741 has had new seat coverings and is due to go in the paint shop at the end of the week.  I am quite excited about that!

What garage is 3741 currently at?
Wolverhampton Veg 😎

Bob

Are the 06 plates to be done? As theyre worse internally than 3740/41

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on November 28, 2018, 05:20:57 PM
Are the 06 plates to be done? As theyre worse internally than 3740/41

Not at the moment.

Bob

Fair enough. The two 09 plate Pulsars , are they pretty much refurbed to the same standard as the Sapphire one? This is just a question and not a criticism before i get shot down for negative comments...if you compare the Pulsars that were refurbished for the 158, why was Cannocks example refurbed to a lower/different standard ( no high back seats/next stop announcements etc?) Heres a Leicester example, its quite a lot different

Simon@Arriva

As part of my initial work and analysis of the area I look after (depots in Derby, EMA, Tamworth, Cannock, Telford, Shrewsbury and Oswestry) we have been looking at all aspects of what we do.  This has included vehicles (allocation/refurbs/repaints), stakeholder relationships, routes, timings, prices etc.

One aspect that we are almost ready to make public is a set of service changes in Cannock and Stafford.  I can't give the details yet but will do as soon as I can.  We have taken feedback from staff, customers, stakeholders and from this site to help try and shape some of what we are doing.  We can't do everything and have to balance the costs with potential revenue but I think it is a more positive evolution of the network than some of what has happened before.  I hope it works and we can build for the future.

I wanted to say thanks for the feedback.  I read most of the other threads on here and take it all in but only comment on this thread. 

Bob

Is it big changes afoot? To the network?

@Bob I can't give the details yet but will do as soon as I can.

Brick60000

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on November 29, 2018, 01:36:53 PM
As part of my initial work and analysis of the area I look after (depots in Derby, EMA, Tamworth, Cannock, Telford, Shrewsbury and Oswestry) we have been looking at all aspects of what we do.  This has included vehicles (allocation/refurbs/repaints), stakeholder relationships, routes, timings, prices etc.

One aspect that we are almost ready to make public is a set of service changes in Cannock and Stafford.  I can't give the details yet but will do as soon as I can.  We have taken feedback from staff, customers, stakeholders and from this site to help try and shape some of what we are doing.  We can't do everything and have to balance the costs with potential revenue but I think it is a more positive evolution of the network than some of what has happened before.  I hope it works and we can build for the future.

I wanted to say thanks for the feedback.  I read most of the other threads on here and take it all in but only comment on this thread.

Sounds interesting. Look forward to seeing those. Any ideas on time period?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Brick60000 on November 29, 2018, 02:29:26 PM
Sounds interesting. Look forward to seeing those. Any ideas on time period?

Late January.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on November 29, 2018, 02:13:56 PM
Is it big changes afoot? To the network?

@Bob I can't give the details yet but will do as soon as I can.

Evolution of the network.

Bob

Westy

It'll be interesting to see, considering the previous attempts as reported on here.

(Just as long, as we've still got the 2 diversion in Leamore though!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk