News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on November 14, 2018, 10:48:03 PM
For the last 2 days theres been a Streets##e on Pye Greens with 'Arriva Midlands" on front side and rear displays and no route number in window. How on earth are people supposed to know the buses destination

Not good so thanks for info.  I am on the case.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on November 14, 2018, 10:35:10 PM
If its a "very solid network with strong routes" why has there been zero investment in any new vehicles for almost 5 years then and whys half the ageing fleet unrefurbished and threadbare when other companies are refurbing and respraying buses newer than them that werent even in the condition cannocks are before? If its so solid and strong whys the best they can do a few piecemeal resprays and retrims?

I can't speak for the past 5 years.  I have taken over the area and am assessing what we do as quickly as possible.  We don't have unlimited funds and, with the overall UK Bus market in decline, we have to go carefully with our decisions.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on November 14, 2018, 08:58:35 PM
You're welcome to see the comments from my petition I sent to Mark Deaville before the changes, might be useful to look at people's thoughts from various areas. (See attachment).

And if they all used the services that were paid for then it would not have needed Council funding to run them and they would still be running.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on November 15, 2018, 09:59:25 AM
And if they all used the services that were paid for then it would not have needed Council funding to run them and they would still be running.

I meant there are comments on there that may be useful like when you do a road show but never mind.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

l.murphy123

Have you updated the next stop announcements on the number 1? The names seem correct now (except Norton Lane has been called Brook Lane but at least it reads it out).
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Westy

Quote from: l.murphy123 on November 17, 2018, 04:26:21 PM
Have you updated the next stop announcements on the number 1? The names seem correct now (except Norton Lane has been called Brook Lane but at least it reads it out).

Any chance of looking at the number 2 announcements as well?

Bob

Solo SR working out of Cannock? On 60 last night

Hector

2505 has been in use for about a fortnight

ntw456

Why have cannock ended up with one of Tamworth's best buses??

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on November 17, 2018, 04:26:21 PM

We have had some people trained on how to do this so that we can update it ourselves, rather than rely on others.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Hector on November 17, 2018, 11:50:27 PM
2505 has been in use for about a fortnight

It is covering for the repaint and refurb programme.

Simon@Arriva

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: ntw456 on November 18, 2018, 02:12:39 PM
Why have cannock ended up with one of Tamworth's best buses??

Which bus is that?

ntw456

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: ntw456 on November 18, 2018, 08:25:01 PM

Yes, we have had to swap 2 newer SB200 Pulsars in to Tamworth so that they can be fitted with the technology to clean up the emissions to Euro 6 standard ready for the Birmingham Clean Air Zone rules. 

There is no technical solution for Citaro with this as yet and, as vehicles have to be used for 5 years in the same place once fitted we wanted newest possible vehicles.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk