News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on November 14, 2018, 05:27:50 PM
Hi. I think it is unlikely we will do the 2E in the evenings at this stage.  I will add it to the list though as we are currently looking at ways we can improve what we do and how we can build on the solid network we now have - watch this space.

The 1 and 74 provide a co-ordinated 15 minute frequency from Cannock to Huntington, with the 1 penetrating the estate and the 74 staying on the main road.  A 15 minute frequency is ideal and should help people decide to use the bus (obviously 12 and 10 are even better).  Once we get to 20 minutes it is less attractive and we would either miss out the estate or drag people travelling through on the 74 in and out of the estate, which would make their journeys longer.

Solid network? Diminishing network surely? Youve just made another round of cuts in the last month?

Bob

Or are Cannock garage planning new routes and services? I would very much doubt that but you never know...

Westy

Is there any reason why the remaining 2E journeys operate as 2E's & not as extra 2 journeys?

Just seems daft the bus goes a different way for 2 journeys each way!

(And not because I want later journeys up Somerfield Rd in Leamore!)

Depotosw

Hi Simon, may I ask what the intended cycle is for a bus to be washed? I know weather has been mixed of late but of there is quite a notable difference in standards in the Shropshire garages, for instance, Oswestry had a near spotless and gleaming fleet running out today (and they don't have a bus wash!). Shrewsbury had some buses running around that clearly haven't had a bath for while, 2993 on the X5 had a notable thick coating of mud as did 3691 on the 519 on pre 08:00 workings, infact most of the 36xx examples looked very poor in presentation in terms of looking grubby as did a a variety of the general fleet inc some Park and Ride vehicles and recently repainted Versas. This is notable when Telford's input on the 19 looking near spotless and that for a country route you can expect to get coated!

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Depotosw on November 14, 2018, 07:25:03 PM
Hi Simon, may I ask what the intended cycle is for a bus to be washed? I know weather has been mixed of late but of there is quite a notable difference in standards in the Shropshire garages, for instance, Oswestry had a near spotless and gleaming fleet running out today (and they don't have a bus wash!). Shrewsbury had some buses running around that clearly haven't had a bath for while, 2993 on the X5 had a notable thick coating of mud as did 3691 on the 519 on pre 08:00 workings, infact most of the 36xx examples looked very poor in presentation in terms of looking grubby as did a a variety of the general fleet inc some Park and Ride vehicles and recently repainted Versas. This is notable when Telford's input on the 19 looking near spotless and that for a country route you can expect to get coated!

Hi.  Thanks for this.  Should all be washed the same - every night.  I will ask what has happened at Shrewsbury.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on November 14, 2018, 07:00:16 PM
Is there any reason why the remaining 2E journeys operate as 2E's & not as extra 2 journeys?

Just seems daft the bus goes a different way for 2 journeys each way!

(And not because I want later journeys up Somerfield Rd in Leamore!)

I asked this myself.  The reason is:

The 2E is a throwback to the Staffordshire tender and is a combination of a 1 to Great Wyrley and a 2 to Cheslyn Hay. It's not known where passengers from Walsall are travelling to, but there are slightly more boarding from Cheslyn Hay than from Great Wyrley.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on November 14, 2018, 06:16:53 PM
Solid network? Diminishing network surely? Youve just made another round of cuts in the last month?

Very solid network with some strong routes.

Some lightly used journeys were withdrawn as we have done in many other depots as well - just like a lot of other bus companies as well.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on November 14, 2018, 05:27:50 PM
Hi. I think it is unlikely we will do the 2E in the evenings at this stage.  I will add it to the list though as we are currently looking at ways we can improve what we do and how we can build on the solid network we now have - watch this space.

The 1 and 74 provide a co-ordinated 15 minute frequency from Cannock to Huntington, with the 1 penetrating the estate and the 74 staying on the main road.  A 15 minute frequency is ideal and should help people decide to use the bus (obviously 12 and 10 are even better).  Once we get to 20 minutes it is less attractive and we would either miss out the estate or drag people travelling through on the 74 in and out of the estate, which would make their journeys longer.

2E is a vital link between the two counties and it would re-connect thousands. Could you not link it to work another service such as the Pye Green circular as it previously did? or even Huntington which lost the old 75A at night?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on November 14, 2018, 06:18:32 PM
Or are Cannock garage planning new routes and services? I would very much doubt that but you never know...

Steady on.... ;)

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on November 14, 2018, 08:18:41 PM

2E is a vital link between the two counties and it would re-connect thousands. Could you not link it to work another service such as the Pye Green circular as it previously did? or even Huntington which lost the old 75A at night?

I think it is unlikely.  Passenger numbers are just too low - I wish there was thousands.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Kevin on November 14, 2018, 08:21:43 PM
One word answer. Train.

That's what everyone says but the train is not accessible to everyone and it's very unreliable on the chase line. You could say 'train' to most bus routes... the 825 runs evenings Friday & Saturday and despite there being a train link between Stafford and Lichfield?
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on November 14, 2018, 08:26:18 PM
That's what everyone says but the train is not accessible to everyone and it's very unreliable on the chase line. You could say 'train' to most bus routes... the 825 runs evenings Friday & Saturday and despite there being a train link between Stafford and Lichfield?

And there are not that many people on the 825 in the evening really but it just about does ok.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on November 14, 2018, 08:29:27 PM
And there are not that many people on the 825 in the evening really but it just about does ok.

You're welcome to see the comments from my petition I sent to Mark Deaville before the changes, might be useful to look at people's thoughts from various areas. (See attachment).
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on November 14, 2018, 08:18:27 PM
Very solid network with some strong routes.

Some lightly used journeys were withdrawn as we have done in many other depots as well - just like a lot of other bus companies as well.

If its a "very solid network with strong routes" why has there been zero investment in any new vehicles for almost 5 years then and whys half the ageing fleet unrefurbished and threadbare when other companies are refurbing and respraying buses newer than them that werent even in the condition cannocks are before? If its so solid and strong whys the best they can do a few piecemeal resprays and retrims?

Bob

For the last 2 days theres been a Streets##e on Pye Greens with 'Arriva Midlands" on front side and rear displays and no route number in window. How on earth are people supposed to know the buses destination

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk