News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l.murphy123

Quote from: Steveminor on November 08, 2018, 08:35:24 AM
My suggestion would be for the 74 to loop round Huntington the way Social Travel did that would reduce cannock overall pvr & still maintain the network they have.

Interestingly both the 74 and 75 used to go to Cannock Bus Station, loop round Cannock Hospital, then back to the bus station (same concept as the Huntington loop on the number 1).
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Rich-82

I like what Telford and Oswestry garages have done on there destination blinds for the the 100 years but disapointed that Shrewsbury garage have done nothing

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Rich-82 on November 09, 2018, 02:38:14 PM
I like what Telford and Oswestry garages have done on there destination blinds for the the 100 years but disapointed that Shrewsbury garage have done nothing

They should have done as all depots had the same instructions.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on November 09, 2018, 03:43:03 PM
They should have done as all depots had the same instructions.

They have had an issue with the program and it has not worked so can't be done in time unfortunately.

Tony

Hi Simon

I travelled on 3305 & 3308 today. USB sockets were not working on either

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Tony on November 10, 2018, 07:43:27 PM
Hi Simon

I travelled on 3305 & 3308 today. USB sockets were not working on either

OK thanks.  Apologies for that. Was everything else ok?

Tony

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on November 12, 2018, 03:33:43 PM
OK thanks.  Apologies for that. Was everything else ok?

Yes, I have no problem with travelling on StreetLites and both had next stop working and good pleasant drivers

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Tony on November 12, 2018, 03:56:59 PM
Yes, I have no problem with travelling on StreetLites and both had next stop working and good pleasant drivers

Ok good to hear.  I am on the case with the USB.

Bob

Is the odd man out B7RLE ( 05 plate, the one with leather seats) still in use at Cannock?

Bob

And have any refurb plans been sorted for the dismal state of the Commanders/all bar one 54 plate Cadets/Darts? Even B7RLEs surely at 10 years theyd be coming up for retrim?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on November 12, 2018, 04:37:59 PM
And have any refurb plans been sorted for the dismal state of the Commanders/all bar one 54 plate Cadets/Darts? Even B7RLEs surely at 10 years theyd be coming up for retrim?

Not yet.  A few things up in the air with the fleet at the moment so we are waiting on other decisions before we make a call on these (and no it is not selling/closing Cannock).

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on November 12, 2018, 05:17:10 PM
Not yet.  A few things up in the air with the fleet at the moment so we are waiting on other decisions before we make a call on these (and no it is not selling/closing Cannock).

Up in the air with the fleet? Planning to get rid of a load of buses?

Bob

Lets hope its the ones that are in a dilapidated state...probably about half!

l.murphy123

Can we have 2E back on Friday & Saturday evenings, like the 60 and 825? It would be in the local papers if we did ;-)
& how about the number 1 back to every 20 minutes by not serving Huntington, but rather having the 74 serve it on route to/from Stafford?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on November 13, 2018, 07:03:15 PM
Can we have 2E back on Friday & Saturday evenings, like the 60 and 825? It would be in the local papers if we did ;-)
& how about the number 1 back to every 20 minutes by not serving Huntington, but rather having the 74 serve it on route to/from Stafford?

Hi. I think it is unlikely we will do the 2E in the evenings at this stage.  I will add it to the list though as we are currently looking at ways we can improve what we do and how we can build on the solid network we now have - watch this space.

The 1 and 74 provide a co-ordinated 15 minute frequency from Cannock to Huntington, with the 1 penetrating the estate and the 74 staying on the main road.  A 15 minute frequency is ideal and should help people decide to use the bus (obviously 12 and 10 are even better).  Once we get to 20 minutes it is less attractive and we would either miss out the estate or drag people travelling through on the 74 in and out of the estate, which would make their journeys longer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk