News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Busman Jamie on October 30, 2018, 08:37:58 PM
When will the other 'new liverey' vehicles get the new logo?

2371, 2404, 2447, 2448, 2496, 2497, 2740 all in new liverey at Cannock but still carry the old logo

We now have the new logos and these will be fitted as and when the vehicles are in the workshop.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on October 29, 2018, 03:40:43 PM
USB sockets don't work on today's 14:18 number 1 from Walsall Bus Station

Thanks.

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on November 01, 2018, 08:12:37 AM
It had new fabric seat coverings.

So basically you pretty much wouldnt notice that its been refurbed then. The 61 plates had prob the least worn seat covers of all the buses at Cannock. Surely the threadbare Commanders/cadets/darts still with 12/13 year old orginal seat covers could have been dealt with first. The Pulsars were pretty ok, MX61 AWP didnt get an inside retrim did it?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on November 01, 2018, 09:38:49 AM
So basically you pretty much wouldnt notice that its been refurbed then. The 61 plates had prob the least worn seat covers of all the buses at Cannock. Surely the threadbare Commanders/cadets/darts still with 12/13 year old orginal seat covers could have been dealt with first. The Pulsars were pretty ok, MX61 AWP didnt get an inside retrim did it?

I think that it easy to notice and overheard someone in Cannock bus station making a comment about 3762 in the new livery today and they were pleased to see what they thought was a new bus.  3795 looks superb.  It is also a good morale boost for staff in the depot to see that we are investing in things like repaints and refurbs.

We can't do everything and I am keen to make sure that we have a sensible list for repaint and for refurbishment that will give the best benefit for as many people as possible.  Not a lot had happened with repaints and refurbs in the area for a while but I have managed to get investment to do some buses this year and we have a plan for 2019 as well.  I would hate to see the Pulsars get in to a poor state which is why they are being done.

Busman Jamie

Some of the 55 plate darts need some attention, looking abit tatty now, especially 2378 which has never been painted since it was new

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on November 02, 2018, 05:11:24 PM
I think that it easy to notice and overheard someone in Cannock bus station making a comment about 3762 in the new livery today and they were pleased to see what they thought was a new bus.  3795 looks superb.  It is also a good morale boost for staff in the depot to see that we are investing in things like repaints and refurbs.

We can't do everything and I am keen to make sure that we have a sensible list for repaint and for refurbishment that will give the best benefit for as many people as possible.  Not a lot had happened with repaints and refurbs in the area for a while but I have managed to get investment to do some buses this year and we have a plan for 2019 as well.  I would hate to see the Pulsars get in to a poor state which is why they are being done.

The Pulsars were and would be even next year not in a bad state in comparison with the threadbareness of a lot of the fleet 06 plate Commanders especially.  If all Arriva can offer is piecemeal refurbs of buses that were intended to be interurban (60/825 thats what they were purchased for but now anything goes) but are now wasted on Pye Greens it doesnt bode well

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on November 02, 2018, 10:59:10 PM
The Pulsars were and would be even next year not in a bad state in comparison with the threadbareness of a lot of the fleet 06 plate Commanders especially.  If all Arriva can offer is piecemeal refurbs of buses that were intended to be interurban (60/825 thats what they were purchased for but now anything goes) but are now wasted on Pye Greens it doesnt bode well

Not wasted at all - on a busy route.

There are many ways to look at the repaint/refurb plan and we will all have different views. 

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Busman Jamie on November 02, 2018, 07:45:54 PM
Some of the 55 plate darts need some attention, looking abit tatty now, especially 2378 which has never been painted since it was new

Some of them do this is true.  We have some skilled bodymen in Cannock who are going to be used to do some buses over and above the main repaint/refurb work that is being done in MRC in Derby.  I will try and get 2378 on the list.

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on November 05, 2018, 10:48:49 AM
Not wasted at all - on a busy route.

There are many ways to look at the repaint/refurb plan and we will all have different views.

Theres charging points for a route that people are likely to be on fir a maximum of 10-15 mins...Also by doing absolutely nothing to most cadets/most darts ( although some had a light refurb elsewhere a few years back), the poor state of most if not all Commanders, and surely the volvos will need doing shortly, most of the vehicles used on much longer /interurban services are in a right state, and it just makes Arriva look poor

l.murphy123

Why hasn't somebody posted on Arriva's social media pages that the number 2 will do the 2E route in Great Wyrley & Cheslyn Hay whilst the railway bridge is closed to vehicles? I've been asked about 6 times since it closed. On the up side it means I've got a bus every 15-20 mins at the moment.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bob

Is the bridge currently closed? I park at Landywood when i bus/train to bham for work

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on November 06, 2018, 11:11:52 PM
Why hasn't somebody posted on Arriva's social media pages that the number 2 will do the 2E route in Great Wyrley & Cheslyn Hay whilst the railway bridge is closed to vehicles? I've been asked about 6 times since it closed. On the up side it means I've got a bus every 15-20 mins at the moment.

Not sure.  I am on the case.

Busman Jamie

The bridge is closed till the 11th of this month

l.murphy123

They should split the number 1 up so that Walsall to Cannock is number 1 sapphire, then have Cannock to Huntington separate. Any delays then on the route wouldn't affect Huntington. The 1 could also go back to a 20 minute frequency?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Steveminor

My suggestion would be for the 74 to loop round Huntington the way Social Travel did that would reduce cannock overall pvr & still maintain the network they have.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk