News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on July 13, 2018, 09:54:33 AM
Will it be a completely Pulsar operated route still? Also staffs CC site states timetable for 70 is changing 21st July but cant find that on Arriva site?

It will be Pulsar operated when all Pulsars are available - it is 8 for 8.

Good point on the 70 - will check why it is not on the website.

Smethwickian

Cannot seem to find any of the new timetables for the Telford and Bridgnorth area changes starting in precisely a week's time - links alongside the listing on the service changes page of Arriva website only go to current services. Traveline also spectacularly unhelpful even when trying a specific journey request on an advance date. And of course no new timetables in the 'office' at Telford bus station today. Anyone from Arriva or elsewhere know where on earth passengers are supposed to find information?

PointerDart

Quote from: Smethwickian on July 14, 2018, 07:59:31 PM
Cannot seem to find any of the new timetables for the Telford and Bridgnorth area changes starting in precisely a week's time - links alongside the listing on the service changes page of Arriva website only go to current services. Traveline also spectacularly unhelpful even when trying a specific journey request on an advance date. And of course no new timetables in the 'office' at Telford bus station today. Anyone from Arriva or elsewhere know where on earth passengers are supposed to find information?

I second this; very recently, Arriva's release of timetables for service changes has always been last minute, often only a couple of days before. Can this be looked into?

In the meantime, @Smethwickian, your only solution is to currently look on Traveline timetables and plan that way for the time being; the timetables have been updated (apart from the 9 for some reason) on that website.

D10

Quote from: Smethwickian on July 14, 2018, 07:59:31 PM

Good point you have raised here. I had a bit of an Arriva Shropshire day today and went on 3 Telford depot buses. They all had posters inside advising there would be changes, and to pick up a leaflet on board for the info. Guess what there were no leaflets on board ant of the buses!  ::)

Simon@Arriva

Hi

I have been back a week and just about caught up so happy to take any more questions. 

Will also be at the Tamworth Depot open day tomorrow (5th August) so may see some of you there.

Bob

Hi Simon...evidently the upgrade to Pulsars on the 70 has gone tits up????

DJ

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on August 04, 2018, 09:59:00 PM
Hi

I have been back a week and just about caught up so happy to take any more questions. 

Will also be at the Tamworth Depot open day tomorrow (5th August) so may see some of you there.

I'll be there, convinced a couple guys from down south and a friend from Worcester to come along too.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Westy

How about a Cannock open day?

(But it would have to be a Saturday daytime, as people are working Monday to Friday, plus you have no buses on Sundays!)

mranon

simon, are arriva continuing the no.10 to perton after 2nd September. also is it possible to say get on in perton and travel to cheslyn hay if the bus goes onto the 70 once it arrives in Wolverhampton.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: mranon on August 05, 2018, 09:07:55 PM
simon, are arriva continuing the no.10 to perton after 2nd September. also is it possible to say get on in perton and travel to cheslyn hay if the bus goes onto the 70 once it arrives in Wolverhampton.

Hi

We will be continuing with the 10 to Perton from 2nd September yes.

You can travel through but please let the driver know.  If you have a pass show it again or pay the fare.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on August 04, 2018, 11:29:21 PM
How about a Cannock open day?

(But it would have to be a Saturday daytime, as people are working Monday to Friday, plus you have no buses on Sundays!)

We just need a special birthday to do one!

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on August 04, 2018, 11:05:42 PM
Hi Simon...evidently the upgrade to Pulsars on the 70 has gone tits up????

We have had a change of plan.  Whilst I was away it was felt that slightly shorter vehicles would be better on the 10 so a change was made.

Pulsars are now being focused on the 25/26 which was my original plan anyway so not all bad from my perspective!

mranon

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on August 06, 2018, 09:18:49 PM
Hi

We will be continuing with the 10 to Perton from 2nd September yes.

You can travel through but please let the driver know.  If you have a pass show it again or pay the fare.

thankyou simon for the reply, in perton there is arriva timetables showing wifi/usb symbols, will there be those facilities available? many thanks

PointerDart

Simon, were there plans for an open day as part of Telford's 50th anniversary as a town? Just a thought.

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on August 06, 2018, 09:20:34 PM
We have had a change of plan.  Whilst I was away it was felt that slightly shorter vehicles would be better on the 10 so a change was made.

Pulsars are now being focused on the 25/26 which was my original plan anyway so not all bad from my perspective!

Are Commanders slightly shorter then?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk