News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Is it planned to use the Citaro regularly on the 1 and 2? If its anything like Tamworths bus seated examples id imagine it being a much nicer bus to travel on compared to a Streetlite.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on July 08, 2018, 11:12:50 PM
Is it planned to use the Citaro regularly on the 1 and 2? If its anything like Tamworths bus seated examples id imagine it being a much nicer bus to travel on compared to a Streetlite.

3022 is at Cannock as a spare Sapphire bus.  There wasn't one previously which meant anything went out on the 1 and 2 if any Streetlites were off.  Rather than refurb one this is a better option.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: samash on July 08, 2018, 10:22:52 PM
Hi Simon,
Any chance you could send the better of the three to Oswestry to replace our poor LowLander? Seriously, it's almost embarrassing to drive sometimes...
;D

Hi

Yes we can look at this.

Kevin

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on July 09, 2018, 05:19:10 PM
3022 is at Cannock as a spare Sapphire bus.  There wasn't one previously which meant anything went out on the 1 and 2 if any Streetlites were off.  Rather than refurb one this is a better option.

Has to be asked then... Why did they offload some Sapphire Streetlites when the frequency was cut? Surely keep them and get rid of older vehicles?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Depotosw

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on July 09, 2018, 05:21:15 PM
Hi

Yes we can look at this.

One thought with the DLAs, Oswestry previously operated 'Y' registered 4802 for a short time in a view to replace 4788 which was non DDA but the Y reg examples were taller than the older ones and it was dispatched to Telford with 4707 coming to Oswestry, reason was the clearance on Whittington Road bridge for the 53 and 449. In fairness to 4707, it has been worked quite hard at Oswestry outside its dedicated 405 turns and certainly can shift, on going into reverse it has had niggles with at times but the passengers did like it appearing from comments aboard on the 70 on many occasions.

Is there any plans for the 2/2A/2C services to Wrexham? EasyCoach seems to be happily nabbing the passengers at Oswestry Bus Station five minutes in front, sad to see. Would be nice to see the Pulsars updated to Sapphire spec like the ones on the 158 in Leicester (sampled some months back and very nice) to offer some extra quality over the budget operator or at least an extra Pulsar to replace the likes of 2546 to ensure a PVR spare opposed to Versas and Scanias covering far too often as they do.

samash

Quote from: Depotosw on July 09, 2018, 07:36:24 PM
One thought with the DLAs, Oswestry previously operated 'Y' registered 4802 for a short time in a view to replace 4788 which was non DDA but the Y reg examples were taller than the older ones and it was dispatched to Telford with 4707 coming to Oswestry, reason was the clearance on Whittington Road bridge for the 53 and 449. In fairness to 4707, it has been worked quite hard at Oswestry outside its dedicated 405 turns and certainly can shift, on going into reverse it has had niggles with at times but the passengers did like it appearing from comments aboard on the 70 on many occasions.

Unfortunately it's not all about the passengers liking a bus, if you are unable to reverse it off Shrewsbury bus station then it is unfit for service, same with the 449 at Hindford, and even on the yard!

Westy

Simon, have those leaflets been sent to Walsall yet, as I havent spotted them yet?

l.murphy123

The Cannock stand needs re-stocking with timetables too
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on July 10, 2018, 07:12:29 AM
Simon, have those leaflets been sent to Walsall yet, as I havent spotted them yet?

They on their way - I have been promised.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 10, 2018, 12:04:51 PM
The Cannock stand needs re-stocking with timetables too

Yes.  This has been asked for.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Kevin on July 09, 2018, 07:01:01 PM
Has to be asked then... Why did they offload some Sapphire Streetlites when the frequency was cut? Surely keep them and get rid of older vehicles?

Hi

I don't know.  Before my time.

Simon@Arriva

Hello,

I am heading off on 2 weeks annual leave after tomorrow so will respond to any questions on my return.

Thanks for the ones that have come through so far. I do value hearing them and getting the feedback on offer through them - and from when I read the other topics on here.

Thanks for your interest.

Simon

Bob

Hi Simon, are vehicles from the 70 going to be used on the 10 on an interworking basis?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on July 12, 2018, 09:56:18 PM
Hi Simon, are vehicles from the 70 going to be used on the 10 on an interworking basis?

Hi

Yes they will be but at certain times of day the 10 will self cycle.

Bob

Will it be a completely Pulsar operated route still? Also staffs CC site states timetable for 70 is changing 21st July but cant find that on Arriva site?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk