News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on May 24, 2020, 12:03:55 PM
Hi Simon any chance for more deckers at cannock when services pick up?

Maybe.  Depends on loadings and service levels.  Nothing planned at the moment.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on May 26, 2020, 08:49:56 PM
Are Arriva going to start running the 1 to Walsall again??

At some point I would expect us to but no date as yet.

leepenfold30

Are Arriva planning to make more bus increases with 158 route

Also any news on Arriva Bus app Update it's not had one since 2018

Is Hinckley Due any Buses coming in this year

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: leepenfold30 on May 27, 2020, 08:04:23 PM
Are Arriva planning to make more bus increases with 158 route

Also any news on Arriva Bus app Update it's not had one since 2018

Is Hinckley Due any Buses coming in this year

New timetables on many routes from 1st June.  On the website now.

The app is due an update but I don't know when.

Nothing planned on buses for Hinckley.

Simon@Arriva

Hi,

Whilst I am enjoying all the speculation about the various fleet moves and service changes, it feels appropriate to say that my only focus at the moment is to enable social distancing with the new advisory capacities (20 on a DD, 11 on a SD) that are now in place.  There is nothing else behind the moves between depots.

This might mean, if there is another increase in service levels pretty quickly, that we have to undo a lot of what we have just put in place but it will be what it will be.  With passenger numbers still so low, it will be interesting to see what increase we see next week and into the return of schools/opening of shops etc.

leepenfold30

Is 158 going to be Double Decker route with Social Distancing Simon

How many people can get on Sprinter bus in total with Social Distancing as Hinckley Local routes 1/2 are returning on Monday

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: leepenfold30 on May 29, 2020, 12:35:42 PM
Is 158 going to be Double Decker route with Social Distancing Simon

How many people can get on Sprinter bus in total with Social Distancing as Hinckley Local routes 1/2 are returning on Monday

Some on the 158 may be double decker but with the frequency change I am not expecting it to be all double decker.

4 on a Sprinter but I think that that 1/2 might be operated by something bigger.

l.murphy123

Any reason the 825 does a clockwise loop of Great Haywood for both Lichfield and Stafford journeys rather than clockwise for Lichfield and anti for Stafford?

Also any changes to covid timetable for Cannock imminent?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on June 25, 2020, 09:18:54 PM
Any reason the 825 does a clockwise loop of Great Haywood for both Lichfield and Stafford journeys rather than clockwise for Lichfield and anti for Stafford?

Also any changes to covid timetable for Cannock imminent?

Hi

It is to do with the safety of turning on and off the A51 if I recall - was a road safety rep request.

Cannock and Tamworth timetable changes from 4th July.

Telford is from this weekend.

Solo1

What are the changes for Cannock /Tamworth  please thank you

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Solo1 on June 25, 2020, 09:30:01 PM
What are the changes for Cannock /Tamworth  please thank you

Still being finalised but an increase in service levels to c80-85% of the pre-Covid normal.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on June 25, 2020, 09:31:49 PM
Still being finalised but an increase in service levels to c80-85% of the pre-Covid normal.

Thanks for this info. Can you say yet whether the 1 and 3 are returning on July 4th?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bob

Quote from: l.murphy123 on June 26, 2020, 12:44:14 AM
Thanks for this info. Can you say yet whether the 1 and 3 are returning on July 4th?

Interesting. Can you confirm that the former Sapphire 1 route wont be operated by clapped out threadbare knackers? Also have TFWM relaxed emissions restrictions on the 2? As it seems to be permanently run with 15/16 year old Darts?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on June 26, 2020, 12:44:14 AM

The 3 is back but not the 1 yet.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on June 26, 2020, 12:59:09 AM
Interesting. Can you confirm that the former Sapphire 1 route wont be operated by clapped out threadbare knackers? Also have TFWM relaxed emissions restrictions on the 2? As it seems to be permanently run with 15/16 year old Darts?

All I have seen on the 2 are Solos but I am not in Cannock daily.  Yes, the emissions rule was relaxed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk