News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Street To Wolverhampton Rail Replacement.

Started by 2206, December 22, 2017, 10:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: fleetline6477 on January 03, 2018, 08:03:22 PM
If NX, or any other operator for that matter, don't have the capacity to run a service then why commit to taking it on?

You do what all operators do in these situations, you take it on then subcontract some of the work out.

People hiring buses just want to deal with one person. Same as First for the commonwealth games in Edinburgh

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on January 03, 2018, 08:12:39 PM
You do what all operators do in these situations, you take it on then subcontract some of the work out.

People hiring buses just want to deal with one person. Same as First for the commonwealth games in Edinburgh

It's the same as the current Preston to Blackpool bus substitution while the electrify the line, a number of different operators are providing the service. The new Blackpool Transport Palladium's are being used plus buses and coaches from other firms.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

mranon

Quote from: Tony on January 03, 2018, 08:12:39 PM

at one time an accrington based firm fraser eagle took on the rail work, then subcontracted to operators all over the uk. i remember when it was twm, they used to do work on there then. i guess this is just the same, nx taking it on then subbing it out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk