News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Sh4318 on February 24, 2024, 09:20:37 PMSunday service enhancements are long overdue, the loss of a direct service between Smethwick Galton Bridge and Birmingham International perplexes me. Definitely makes more sense for the Kiddy terminators to call at Langley/Old Hill/Lye and for Hagley/Blakedown to have direct services to Worcester
The Transport for Wales services used to serve Galton Bridge. I think it was London Northwestern who used to call at Sandwell & Dudley. A couple of years ago, this was switched round for some reason, can't remember why now.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on February 25, 2024, 04:48:38 PMThe Transport for Wales services used to serve Galton Bridge. I think it was London Northwestern who used to call at Sandwell & Dudley. A couple of years ago, this was switched round for some reason, can't remember why now.

I think it was swapped with the Shrewsbury service.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2206 on February 25, 2024, 06:30:30 PMI think it was swapped with the Shrewsbury service

yes it was swapped with WMT Shrewsbury service 

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: Stu on February 25, 2024, 06:56:44 PMYes, you're both correct, found the article now, it was in 2022:
https://www.expressandstar.com/news/transport/2022/11/17/changes-scheduled-for-shrewsbury-to-birmingham-train-line/

Wonder if that's the same reporter that now works for the Beeb, via Bauer Radio?

danny

Tbf makes more sense as at S&D can swap for the fast Avanti services, I know it can be argued that Can do this at Birmingham NS or wolves but same platform at S&D, still feels mad can get a train from there too Edinburgh 
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Sh4318

Quote from: danny on February 27, 2024, 09:12:29 PMTbf makes more sense as at S&D can swap for the fast Avanti services, I know it can be argued that Can do this at Birmingham NS or wolves but same platform at S&D, still feels mad can get a train from there too Edinburgh
It makes more sense for transport for wales services call at Sandwell & Dudley? I completely disagree

While Sandwell and Dudley now has another service to Birmingham International. There is now no direct services from Smethwick to the Airport, which, yes, of course, you can change at New Street, but the TfW calls meant that connections from Snow Hill line stations to the Airport were available, the same going the other way, to Wales.

A lot of journey opportunities that were available have been severed, and now an extra change is required, or, of course, a 10 minute walk across the city centre
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Roy

The December 2022 timetable revamp included passive provision for a second Shrewsbury service and a second Liverpool service every hour.  It meant that there was a path at xx22 for the TfW service and at xx26 for the second Shrewsbury service.  Thus, if the stopping patterns had remained the same, the Shrewsbury service would have caught up the TfW service while it picked up at Galton Bridge.  Therefore, the stops were swapped.  

As it turns out, the second Shrewsbury service will be introduced in June at xx26 but will run via Tame Bridge Parkway.  The other Shrewsbury service will move from xx56 to xx52, taking the slot previously used by the Birmingham to Crewe via Stoke service.

Wba_lad

Today the 730 on the walsall to wolverhampton line is 730 021.

The 2 196s on the nuneaton to leamington spa line are 196 002 and 196 011.

BK63 YWP

QuoteToday the 730 on the walsall to wolverhampton line is 730 021.

The 2 196s on the nuneaton to leamington spa line are 196 002 and 196 011.
196s are the booked allocation for Nuckle since last May. 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Roy on February 28, 2024, 12:54:27 PMThe December 2022 timetable revamp included passive provision for a second Shrewsbury service and a second Liverpool service every hour.  It meant that there was a path at xx22 for the TfW service and at xx26 for the second Shrewsbury service.  Thus, if the stopping patterns had remained the same, the Shrewsbury service would have caught up the TfW service while it picked up at Galton Bridge.  Therefore, the stops were swapped. 

As it turns out, the second Shrewsbury service will be introduced in June at xx26 but will run via Tame Bridge Parkway.  The other Shrewsbury service will move from xx56 to xx52, taking the slot previously used by the Birmingham to Crewe via Stoke service.
That xx26 will be serving the new Darlaston and Willenhall Stations soon whenever they actually open at this rate J10 will be finished before they open and the Midland Metro will be in Dudley 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Wba_lad

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on March 01, 2024, 10:44:58 AMThat xx26 will be serving the new Darlaston and Willenhall Stations soon whenever they actually open at this rate J10 will be finished before they open and the Midland Metro will be in Dudley
This new line Birmingham to Shrewsbury will they serve tame bridge parkway or will they just pass it? I did see something about them going that way. Also will this line be run by the 196s as after so long up towards Shrewsbury area the lines aren't electricflied so would have to be deisiel trains. Unless they use the 172s on the line.

Tony

Quote from: Wba_lad on March 05, 2024, 09:48:48 AMThis new line Birmingham to Shrewsbury will they serve tame bridge parkway or will they just pass it? I did see something about them going that way. Also will this line be run by the 196s as after so long up towards Shrewsbury area the lines aren't electricflied so would have to be deisiel trains. Unless they use the 172s on the line.
Yes, they will serve Tame Bridge Parkway.

As has been said further up this thread 172s are not cleared for the Shrewsbury services

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on March 05, 2024, 11:08:19 AMYes, they will serve Tame Bridge Parkway.

As has been said further up this thread 172s are not cleared for the Shrewsbury services
Ah okay thank you. 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

It is hidden behind a pay wall but the E&S saying there is a Landslip at Wellington which could cause months if disruption Shrewsbury Trains were terminating at Wolverhampton, and TFW services at Shrewsbury 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk