News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on January 29, 2024, 12:33:47 PMEntry into service of the 730s in the West Midlands has been delayed by another two weeks, so won't be happening today.

Now due to be on the 12th Feb. From 13th Feb hopefully the diagram that starts with the 06:18 Wolverhampton to Walsall will be the first regular use
Correct, this could have been shared a while ago, I know West Midlands railway staff who tell me info it's no big secret you could have revealed this the other day.

Tony

Quote from: Wba_lad on January 29, 2024, 08:57:09 PMCorrect, this could have been shared a while ago, I know West Midlands railway staff who tell me info it's no big secret you could have revealed this the other day.
No I couldn't as it was still supposed to be this evening

When a senior manager asks me not to tell people, I don't so I can keep their trust.

Unlike the obnoxious post you have just made.

If you knew why didn't you post it?

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on January 29, 2024, 09:16:55 PMNo I couldn't as it was still supposed to be this evening

When a senior manager asks me not to tell people, I don't so I can keep their trust.

Unlike the obnoxious post you have just made.

If you knew why didn't you post it?
My post was not obnoxious, I was just saying lots of people knew it was no big secret, 

You could have updated us all a while ago.

I understand about trust ect, I didn't post because I was told to keep to myself but I have seen a few posts going around I didn't know you was told by senior management, 

By far was my post obnoxious.

Gareth

Quote from: Wba_lad on January 29, 2024, 10:01:11 PMMy post was not obnoxious, I was just saying lots of people knew it was no big secret,

You could have updated us all a while ago.

I understand about trust ect, I didn't post because I was told to keep to myself but I have seen a few posts going around I didn't know you was told by senior management,

By far was my post obnoxious.
You didn't tell anyone because you were told to keep it to yourself. So you didn't.
Tony didn't tell anyone because he was told to keep it to himself. So he didn't.

See where I'm coming from? Before jumping straight onto your keyboard. Think what you want to say and review it internally. Then review it again.

Wba_lad

Quote from: Gareth on January 29, 2024, 10:41:33 PMYou didn't tell anyone because you were told to keep it to yourself. So you didn't.
Tony didn't tell anyone because he was told to keep it to himself. So he didn't.

See where I'm coming from? Before jumping straight onto your keyboard. Think what you want to say and review it internally. Then review it again.
Yeah now I get that but I thought he found it on Facebook or something, my comment wasent obnoxious or hurtful in any way I appologise. 

Tony

Also note that the Wolves -Walsall diagram is from Tuesday 13th January (at the moment), but the first day will be on the 12th on a different working which they still don't want disclosed yet

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on January 30, 2024, 09:56:32 AMAlso note that the Wolves -Walsall diagram is from Tuesday 13th January (at the moment), but the first day will be on the 12th on a different working which they still don't want disclosed yet
I think someone already but it on a group, someone said it is on one of the cross city lines, and one may run on the new street to London Euston line.

Question is on the ones from Wolverhampton to Walsall diagrams will they be using the West Midlands railway 730s or will they be using the London north western 730s?

Tony

Quote from: Wba_lad on January 30, 2024, 10:06:08 AMI think someone already but it on a group, someone said it is on one of the cross city lines, and one may run on the new street to London Euston line.

Question is on the ones from Wolverhampton to Walsall diagrams will they be using the West Midlands railway 730s or will they be using the London north western 730s?
No, no cross city plans yet and definitely no Birmingham London just yet.

As Euston to Tring is currently using West Midlands ones because none of the 5 cars are anywhere near ready I think we know which ones they will be

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on January 30, 2024, 10:38:35 AMNo, no cross city plans yet and definitely no Birmingham London just yet.

As Euston to Tring is currently using West Midlands ones because none of the 5 cars are anywhere near ready I think we know which ones they will be
Oh will probably be Birmingham new street to Liverpool then, 

Would the 5 car 730s fit on the Walsall to Wolverhampton line I know stations like Sandwell and Dudley, Walsall, Wolverhampton possibly, Birmingham new street they will fit but stations like bescot stadium, hamstead, I wonder if a 5 car would fit onto the platform. 

Sh4318

Quote from: Wba_lad on January 30, 2024, 11:36:13 AMOh will probably be Birmingham new street to Liverpool then,

Would the 5 car 730s fit on the Walsall to Wolverhampton line I know stations like Sandwell and Dudley, Walsall, Wolverhampton possibly, Birmingham new street they will fit but stations like bescot stadium, hamstead, I wonder if a 5 car would fit onto the platform.
The 3 car 730s will be used on the Walsall to Wolves, no?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

mikestone

The 5 car sets will not fit Wolverhampton p5 so I would suggest use on the Walsall service is highly unlikely.

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on January 30, 2024, 12:42:49 PMThe 5 car sets will not fit Wolverhampton p5 so I would suggest use on the Walsall service is highly unlikely.
The 5 car sets are 'Long Distance' units so won't be on commuter runs.

They are for
Euston-Crewe
Euston-Birmingham
Birmingham - Liverpool

The 3 car sets are for
Cross city
Wolverhampton/Birmingham International to Walsall

All other lines are intended to keep 350s

markcf83

Quote from: Wba_lad on January 30, 2024, 11:36:13 AMOh will probably be Birmingham new street to Liverpool then,

Smethwick? 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Wba_lad

Quote from: markcf83 on January 30, 2024, 03:06:16 PMSmethwick?
I don't think Galton bridge would be a problem, I think more Rolfe street would be.

BK63 YWP

QuoteI don't think Galton bridge would be a problem, I think more Rolfe street would be.
That's what's SDO is for. 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk