News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cardew

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on March 09, 2024, 11:07:31 AMIt is hidden behind a pay wall but the E&S saying there is a Landslip at Wellington which could cause months if disruption Shrewsbury Trains were terminating at Wolverhampton, and TFW services at Shrewsbury

Potential disruption until 28th March

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service-disruptions/wellington-20240309/

BlackCountryBusSpotter

National Rail still list the NX5 it had been operated by Banga for a while now
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Just an idea if there is enough demand to reopen Darlaston and Willenhall there must be enough demand for passengers to want to travel on the Walsall to Wolverhampton line so here is an idea. 
The Journey time between Walsall and Wolverhampton is 15 minutes so why not at peak times run an every 15 minute service from Walsall to Wolverhampton 
Leaving Walsall sat say 07:15 and then either doing a 07:40 train back to Walsall from Wolverhampton probably require two units. Then during the day they could run this every half an hour or have that unit do other services until say 4PM when it could start the service back. With J10 still being not complete and as a result the 529's being in a mess they could trail it would be a way to keep Services down the line ready for when it opens and also a trail of planned service you could even extend a service to Birmingham semi fast from Walsall stopping at Bescot and Tame Bridge like the original proposal but without stopping at Willenhall and Darlaston as they aren't open yet. 

Speaking of Darlaston I passed over the Bridge by the Station on Monday on the 37 and there is absolutely no way that Station is opening any time soon. I have no idea about Willenhall as I don't go that way. But I believe Darlaston was due to open first. I know they had contractor issues but surely these have been resolved there was no sign of anything happening when I past around 1/2 PM on Monday on the bus
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Rachvince53

The issue is would that service be viable?  The previous attempt wasn't generally well used. 

BK63 YWP

QuoteJust an idea if there is enough demand to reopen Darlaston and Willenhall there must be enough demand for passengers to want to travel on the Walsall to Wolverhampton line so here is an idea.
The Journey time between Walsall and Wolverhampton is 15 minutes so why not at peak times run an every 15 minute service from Walsall to Wolverhampton
Leaving Walsall sat say 07:15 and then either doing a 07:40 train back to Walsall from Wolverhampton probably require two units. Then during the day they could run this every half an hour or have that unit do other services until say 4PM when it could start the service back. With J10 still being not complete and as a result the 529's being in a mess they could trail it would be a way to keep Services down the line ready for when it opens and also a trail of planned service you could even extend a service to Birmingham semi fast from Walsall stopping at Bescot and Tame Bridge like the original proposal but without stopping at Willenhall and Darlaston as they aren't open yet.

Speaking of Darlaston I passed over the Bridge by the Station on Monday on the 37 and there is absolutely no way that Station is opening any time soon. I have no idea about Willenhall as I don't go that way. But I believe Darlaston was due to open first. I know they had contractor issues but surely these have been resolved there was no sign of anything happening when I past around 1/2 PM on Monday on the bus
Where are the train crew going to be sourced from, would involve a recast of the Walsall line to facilitate extra trains, availability of rolling stock and wouldn't it be best to trial a lower frequency to guage usage (walk before you can run)
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Westy

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on March 14, 2024, 01:08:06 PMJust an idea if there is enough demand to reopen Darlaston and Willenhall there must be enough demand for passengers to want to travel on the Walsall to Wolverhampton line so here is an idea.

I pass Willenhall everyday.

Dont see much happening, unless they do stuff while Im at work.

(Railway Lane is still shut as well, so Im having to go up & down over the Bilston Street/Rose Hill bridge, which adds a few more minutes to my walk.)

Stu

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on March 14, 2024, 01:08:06 PMJust an idea if there is enough demand to reopen Darlaston and Willenhall there must be enough demand for passengers to want to travel on the Walsall to Wolverhampton line so here is an idea. 
It is currently faster (and cheaper) to get the bus if travelling directly between Walsall and Wolverhampton.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Rachvince53 on March 14, 2024, 01:56:24 PMThe issue is would that service be viable?  The previous attempt wasn't generally well used.
Must be if they plan to reopen the line surely they did market research, not being funny just because the train station in Darlaston is there doesn't mean it will be used. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: BK63 YWP on March 14, 2024, 03:53:24 PMWhere are the train crew going to be sourced from, would involve a recast of the Walsall line to facilitate extra trains, availability of rolling stock and wouldn't it be best to trial a lower frequency to guage usage (walk before you can run)
Well Every 30 minutes or hourly could use the 196's on Staff Training as they are going to be running the line 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Stu on March 14, 2024, 07:44:16 PMIt is currently faster (and cheaper) to get the bus if travelling directly between Walsall and Wolverhampton.
40 minutes on the 529 directly on the Walsall to Wolverhampton Line it is 15 minutes, Quicker if you ran the train hourly hence I stated 15 minutes at Peak Time. The 529 is still Every 7 but The train will probably beat it at Portobello 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

LiamsTransport1

For those interested, 323202 and 323206 are due to leave WMR in the next month or so. Still got time for anyone who would want to capture them on cross city workings. 
Local routes: 19/20/20A/27/39/39A/49/55/63/145/202

cardew

Quote from: LiamsTransport1 on March 17, 2024, 12:54:58 PMFor those interested, 323202 and 323206 are due to leave WMR in the next month or so. Still got time for anyone who would want to capture them on cross city workings.
Probably wishful thinking but please not before they are replaced by new 730s, there's more than enough short length trains on there as it is.

LiamsTransport1

Quote from: cardew on March 17, 2024, 03:54:08 PMProbably wishful thinking but please not before they are replaced by new 730s, there's more than enough short length trains on there as it is.
I was hoping they would of stayed after the first 730 diagram started and was displaced onto short form diagrams. However I presume with the 3 already gone, They will leave to allow 2 more 730s to take their place. 
Local routes: 19/20/20A/27/39/39A/49/55/63/145/202

Tony

I believe everything is now in place for a new West Midlands Trains depot at Bescot for class 730s with maintenance facilities being on the site of the old stem shed with stabling further down the yard towards Tame Bridge

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Looking at going To Lichfield in a couple of weeks maybe to visit Lichfield City for local football club to play in the Play Offs of there league, From Walsall could I get to Lichfield City seemingly the closest station to there stadium without going through Birmingham, Google Maps for a Saturday says I need to go to Birmingham New Street, then CrossCountry to Tamworth then LNWR to Trent Valley, but Can't I go Walsall to Rugeley, Rugeley to Lichfield Trent Valley and either walk or get the CrossCity Line back to City, if I can do this what Ticket would I ask for.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk