News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

South Birmingham Consultation 2017

Started by Stu, July 25, 2017, 08:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PB2938

The 27 began operating in 2003 Hawkesley kings heath previous the route was covered by 35 doing a long loop Circle King's Heath pool FARM Hawkesley back to Kings heath this seemed a long pointless route but lasted many years I think the 35 took over the 27 in 1994.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Steve3229vp

My suggestions for the South Birmingham Consultation (not all routes), so get ready to shoot me down in flames !

NEW 20 and 21 - route 20 to replace 98 from City to Rednal (Rubery to be served by 48), 21 to replace X64
NEW 26 - Yardley Wood to Northfield via present 27 route to Maypole, then via Pool farm to Hawkesley, then as 27 to Northfield.
        27 - Yardley Wood to Northfield only.
Both 26 and 27 to have adjacent bus stops in Northfield to make it easier for passengers to swap buses.   
        48 -  withdrawn between QE Hospital and West Bromwich, extended via 49 route to Rubery, then 98 to Longbridge and terminate at Longbridge Station.
       48A - withdrawn
         49 - Solihull to Rubery only and run direct from Maypole to Cotteridge. (section to Northfield replaced by 48, Pool farm replaced by 26 and 84).
NEW 50 and 50A (West Bromwich routes) to replace sections of 48 and 48A
        84 - Re-routed to serve Pool Farm between Cotteridge and Hawkesley
98 and X64 withdrawn - see NEW 20 and 21 (following same routes).

MasterPlan

Routes like the X64 and 98 are not part of the South Birmingham consultation.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

CL

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 10, 2017, 04:30:16 PM
Routes like the X64 and 98 are not part of the South Birmingham consultation.
98 is; under the Rubery, Rednal & Coften Hackett proposals.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Dom

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 10, 2017, 02:09:23 PM
My suggestions for the South Birmingham Consultation (not all routes), so get ready to shoot me down in flames !

NEW 20 and 21 - route 20 to replace 98 from City to Rednal (Rubery to be served by 48), 21 to replace X64
NEW 26 - Yardley Wood to Northfield via present 27 route to Maypole, then via Pool farm to Hawkesley, then as 27 to Northfield.
        27 - Yardley Wood to Northfield only.
Both 26 and 27 to have adjacent bus stops in Northfield to make it easier for passengers to swap buses.   
        48 -  withdrawn between QE Hospital and West Bromwich, extended via 49 route to Rubery, then 98 to Longbridge and terminate at Longbridge Station.
       48A - withdrawn
         49 - Solihull to Rubery only and run direct from Maypole to Cotteridge. (section to Northfield replaced by 48, Pool farm replaced by 26 and 84).
NEW 50 and 50A (West Bromwich routes) to replace sections of 48 and 48A
        84 - Re-routed to serve Pool Farm between Cotteridge and Hawkesley
98 and X64 withdrawn - see NEW 20 and 21 (following same routes).

What on earth is the ppint in withdrawing the 48/A between QE and WB for it to be replaced by another service almost directly?

MasterPlan

Quote from: clayderman on August 10, 2017, 04:55:23 PM
98 is; under the Rubery, Rednal & Coften Hackett proposals.

Sorry, yes. I forgot about that.

BigDaddyCool

When is this consultation period open until? And when would we likely see the changes implemented?

MasterPlan

Any news of when the changes will be made from this consultation?

monkeyjoe

sonic84

Yes it is back on the website with a lot more suggestions, including the X64 and 98 being withdrawn.  The X61 being extended through Great Park to Rednal, Cofton Hackett and Longbridge.

The 47 no longer serving the Pershore Road and running from Cotteridge to the QE Hospital and on to Birmingham via The Vale
The 22 would no longer serve Harborne and run via Quinton Road to the QE Hospital and on to Birmingham via The Vale
The 24 would no longer run a loop around Woodgate Valley North and will instead run via Dwellings Lane, Simmons Drive and Quinton Road West to terminate where the Monarch used to be.
The 63 would terminate at Gannow, Boleyn Road rather than Arden Road
The X61 would also serve the QE Hospital

There are a number of other potential changes they are now consulting on, such as more services running to / from the QE Hospital.

monkeyjoe

It's hard work wading through it all but very comprehensive

the trainbasher

Quote from: sonic84 on November 27, 2017, 06:58:05 PM
Yes it is back on the website with a lot more suggestions, including the X64 and 98 being withdrawn.  The X61 being extended through Great Park to Rednal, Cofton Hackett and Longbridge.

The 47 no longer serving the Pershore Road and running from Cotteridge to the QE Hospital and on to Birmingham via The Vale
The 22 would no longer serve Harborne and run via Quinton Road to the QE Hospital and on to Birmingham via The Vale
The 24 would no longer run a loop around Woodgate Valley North and will instead run via Dwellings Lane, Simmons Drive and Quinton Road West to terminate where the Monarch used to be.
The 63 would terminate at Gannow, Boleyn Road rather than Arden Road
The X61 would also serve the QE Hospital

There are a number of other potential changes they are now consulting on, such as more services running to / from the QE Hospital.

One of the changes is 244 West Brom-quinton-Qe

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Kevin

Oh dear.
Any idea to send more buses through the QE is just stupid, especially "express" services
I'm sorry, the interchange there is not adequate, takes forever for buses to get through
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Quote from: Kevin on November 27, 2017, 07:41:26 PM
Oh dear.
Any idea to send more buses through the QE is just stupid, especially "express" services
I'm sorry, the interchange there is not adequate, takes forever for buses to get through
Some Room would be made by the 98 and X64 being withdrawn.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on November 27, 2017, 07:58:24 PM
Some Room would be made by the 98 and X64 being withdrawn.
I think @Kevin means all the taxis that block the road, the road is extremely narrow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk