News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Stagecoach Oxford

Started by Ashley 60171, August 16, 2016, 08:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markcf83

Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

ellspurs

I was wondering when the Oxford companies were getting around to the electric vehicles.

The newest vehicle I've seen today was a Diamond on the 250, and Diamond is coming off that route next month.

Quote from: ellspurs on January 31, 2023, 02:44:11 PMI was wondering when the Oxford companies were getting around to the electric vehicles.

The newest vehicle I've seen today was a Diamond on the 250, and Diamond is coming off that route next month.
Stagecoach have loads of E400 MMC including 69 plates.

Definitley got a newer fleet than some other operators such as parts of Arriva Midlands.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

I'm aware that they've got some newer buses, I just didn't see them when I went up Cowley Road and Banbury Road. I saw the 250 on Bicester Road. I'm in Oxford every Tuesday and to be fair I don't usually see many newer buses. Even the Gold branded ones are looking quite old now.

Oxford Bus Company seems to have the newest of the vehicles so far, I saw 516 going through Wheatley going towards Great Milton. But, this isn't an electric vehicle. 

Stagecoach have had hybrids running on the 1 and 10 on Cowley Road but, as Oxford was the other "Electric City" like Coventry, I'd thought they would have started to make a move on implementing it before now.

Straightlines

Quote from: ellspurs on January 31, 2023, 03:35:08 PMI'm aware that they've got some newer buses, I just didn't see them when I went up Cowley Road and Banbury Road. I saw the 250 on Bicester Road. I'm in Oxford every Tuesday and to be fair I don't usually see many newer buses. Even the Gold branded ones are looking quite old now.

Oxford Bus Company seems to have the newest of the vehicles so far, I saw 516 going through Wheatley going towards Great Milton. But, this isn't an electric vehicle.

Stagecoach have had hybrids running on the 1 and 10 on Cowley Road but, as Oxford was the other "Electric City" like Coventry, I'd thought they would have started to make a move on implementing it before now.
The 'oldest' batch of Stagecoach Oxford buses that enter central Oxford are 10 plates and the gold buses you mention are currently undergoing refurbishment.

ellspurs

Quote from: markcf83 on November 09, 2023, 02:56:15 PMThat will be one of the ex South Scanias or,possibly,be 50452-one of the recently transferred coaches for the Oxford Tube.

https://www.route-one.net/news/stagecoach-west-unveils-poppy-liveried-oxford-tube-coach/ <-- it weren't that one, so it must've been one of the other transfers. I'm off work until Wednesday and I only go into Oxford on a Tuesday so I may not get to see it if they rewrap it after the weekend.

Which brings me onto... the branding down in Oxford for Stagecoach (and Oxford Bus Company) is a complete mess.

I've seen "Coastliner 700" branding amongst the many, many different stages of Stagecoach livery (in various states of distress) as well as some High Wycombe branded buses (on the 11x for OBC).

Straightlines

Quote from: ellspurs on November 09, 2023, 10:34:03 PMhttps://www.route-one.net/news/stagecoach-west-unveils-poppy-liveried-oxford-tube-coach/ <-- it weren't that one, so it must've been one of the other transfers. I'm off work until Wednesday and I only go into Oxford on a Tuesday so I may not get to see it if they rewrap it after the weekend.

Which brings me onto... the branding down in Oxford for Stagecoach (and Oxford Bus Company) is a complete mess.

I've seen "Coastliner 700" branding amongst the many, many different stages of Stagecoach livery (in various states of distress) as well as some High Wycombe branded buses (on the 11x for OBC).
Sounds just like the complete mess in Birmingham with the sheer amount of Coventry liveried vehicles (as well as all the other legacy variants of NXWM livery) I see on a daily basis!

ellspurs

The Coventry buses at the least have "NXWM" on most of them. 

https://www.carouselbuses.co.uk/pickmeupwycombe looks like one of the vehicles that have been on the 11x recently. Bustimes says that OBC have 5 buses in this livery in Oxford. 

(Now I've looked on bustimes at Stagecoach)

15991 is operating around there in Coastliner 700 livery
15889 is the poppy bus that I've seen

Nothing on bustimes is listed has having s7 branding, but there are a few buses in various states of branding.

Now I know that this is probably the same reason that NX has got blue buses dotted all over the place (incoming electric buses) so I'm not too fussed about it. I just hope they get their buses then sort their liveries out.

Straightlines

Quote from: ellspurs on November 10, 2023, 06:26:43 AMThe Coventry buses at the least have "NXWM" on most of them.

https://www.carouselbuses.co.uk/pickmeupwycombe looks like one of the vehicles that have been on the 11x recently. Bustimes says that OBC have 5 buses in this livery in Oxford.

(Now I've looked on bustimes at Stagecoach)

15991 is operating around there in Coastliner 700 livery
15889 is the poppy bus that I've seen

Nothing on bustimes is listed has having s7 branding, but there are a few buses in various states of branding.

Now I know that this is probably the same reason that NX has got blue buses dotted all over the place (incoming electric buses) so I'm not too fussed about it. I just hope they get their buses then sort their liveries out.
Still buses in Birmingham with full National Express Coventry logos, such as 4894 on the 14 today.

markcf83

Quote from: ellspurs on November 09, 2023, 10:34:03 PMhttps://www.route-one.net/news/stagecoach-west-unveils-poppy-liveried-oxford-tube-coach/ <-- it weren't that one, so it must've been one of the other transfers. I'm off work until Wednesday and I only go into Oxford on a Tuesday so I may not get to see it if they rewrap it after the weekend.

Try Scania 15989. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk