News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva selling depot

Started by Solo1, June 25, 2016, 06:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Exactly if anything it'd be a crap performing one like Cannock if it was gonna be one

andy41

Quote from: Winston on June 28, 2016, 10:42:30 PM
Why would Arriva want to dispose of one of their better performing depots?

That may be the very attraction of selling it. They appear to be desperate to raise capital and they could probably get much better money for this than anywhere else. Who knows.

Bob

Would they want to keep poorly performing garages instead though?

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Bob on June 29, 2016, 06:10:16 AM
Exactly if anything it'd be a crap performing one like Cannock if it was gonna be one

Not trying to start an argument @Bob but on the off chance it's Cannock you got to think who would buy it, what implications would happen to the routes around Cannock and if the current fleet would be part of the deal?

Say for example Stagecoach buy it would they cascade darts (your favourite vehicle of complaint) or would they invest in newer (E200s mk1s, Optare solos or even brand new (probably next year's order perhaps)

Just be grateful that you HAVE a bus service rather than nothing at all.
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Bob

Stagecoach wouldn't want it. And even if nx wanted some routes I'd imagine they'd just run ones that enter Walsall and Wolves etc from the respective garages

winston

Quote from: andy41 on June 29, 2016, 09:12:38 PM
That may be the very attraction of selling it. They appear to be desperate to raise capital and they could probably get much better money for this than anywhere else. Who knows.

Although I can see you're point with their parent companies fund raising needs to reduce debt, I doubt an op the size of Tamworth would raise sizeable funds to make it a consideration. It would also take a large chunk of profit from the rest of Arriva Midlands making the likes of Wednesfield, Stafford & Cannock even more vunerable

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Winston on June 29, 2016, 09:44:57 PM
Although I can see you're point with their parent companies fund raising needs to reduce debt, I doubt an op the size of Tamworth would raise sizeable funds to make it a consideration. It would also take a large chunk of profit from the rest of Arriva Midlands making the likes of Wednesfield, Stafford & Cannock even more vunerable

Is there any commercial routea from  Wednesfield. I would be surprised if the routes are absorbed by NX, Igo and Diamond. Maybe extend the X51 to cover the 1&2 (is these routes well used or would a 30 mins frequency on an extended X51 cope)
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Bob

An hourly double decked frequency of the X51 would cope with maybe a half hourly peak. An hourly service to Wolves would likely cope as well. An hourly service on most Cannock routes would suffice to be fair and possibly half hourly to Pye Green and Hednesford

Westy

You'd need at least 2 routes for Cannock to Walsall.

Bob

Why the 2 is never very busy

Busman Jamie

I think he means a bus between cannock and Walsall is needed to serve Landywood/Cheslyn Hay

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk