News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Stagecoach South West

Started by matt904102, June 10, 2012, 10:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt904102

Does anyone know from which garage services in the Torbay area (Torquay, Paignton and Brixham) are operated from?

arrifirststage

Unsurprisingly,worked from Torquay garage and Paignton outstation.

matt904102

Never been able to find any mention of these garages on the internet. Only Exeter.

arrifirststage

put uk buses .co.uk   into google.
I'm no computer buff,but it should lead to a Stagecoach Devon fleet and Garage list............I hope.

MW

Stagecoach South West fleet list:

http://www.uk-buses.co.uk/stagecoach.php?sfm=0&sfl=1&sqfn=%26sqf4%3Dsouth%2520west&sqf4=south%20west&ssfn
  • =0&ssfn[1]=-0

That's page 1 out of 7. The navigation is at the top.

adam 21

the small services like 5 5e 22 24 17 17a 12c run from paignton all others run from torquay e.g 12 12a 31 32 33 34 x46 and more all others come from exter  torquay garage is on the netown road near the torbay hosptial  the 12 and x46 run by it dont know were the paignton on is but i do see them in the bus station parked up .

matt904102

Many thanks for that Adam 21

Discodave

been in paington on the weekend the 12 service was cracking even with holiday traffic buses were on time

matt904102

Stagecoach do seem to do it better than most

adam 21

i have just come back of a 2 week holiday from torquay  and all bus services ran fine. the 12 was on a mix of buses as was the 32 and frist x80 and x81  i must say that travelling down they  is a lot easy and better then birmingham all throw i do still love travelling in the birmingham area i am of to the city centre toz to see how its looks

matt904102

This Simon Mathieson at Travel does seem to have quality to heart to be fair. But there is a hell of a lot to do here to turn it around. There is a new timetable for the 9 which is working well. The X96 is pretty much bullet proof now. In September there are revisions for the 120 140 246 297. It would be nice if something could be done about the litter problem. Lets see how much he can achieve before he gets moved on.

Discodave

nothing much seems to change though NXWM are still stuck in the past wages are one issue market rate/conventional and too many old non weekend workeers who rub it in your face espically at black country garages I know Tony will disagree but hes an inspector now have withessed it first hand it needs an overhall from ground up if people dont like it than leave many go I think as they cant change anything

nx4737

Quote from: Discodave on August 01, 2012, 05:42:14 PM
nothing much seems to change though NXWM are still stuck in the past wages are one issue market rate/conventional and too many old non weekend workeers who rub it in your face espically at black country garages I know Tony will disagree but hes an inspector now have withessed it first hand it needs an overhall from ground up if people dont like it than leave many go I think as they cant change anything

Sadly, most industrys are like that...

Tony

It could be worse, I have just been staying for a few days in 'First' Territory, well it should be, but Webberbus operate much better services with much better buses!

The only service First now run to Minehead is the 28 to Taunton which carries all the Butlins traffic. Normal vehicles used on the 28 are 10 year old B7L/Wright Eclipse 60910-60918 which should be perfectly acceptable vehicles as they have been modified with extra luggage racks for the holiday traffic, but the condition is awful with more mismatched livery panels than the worst NXWM. Branding for when they were new in York still visible on a couple and the interiors looking worse for wares. On Butlins changeover days (Mon & Fri) They are supplemented by a couple of 16 year old Olympians (34063/4) which actually look in better condition and are probably the best vehicles used on the route, remember this route is 90 minutes long collecting people off the train at Taunton and delivering them direct to Butlins so a lot of people are on for the full hour and a half!

First's showed their colours on a couple of days though when I saw a 12 year old ex London Marshall bodied dart which probably have the worst leg room of any bus, and on another were using a T reg ALX300 dart. Now I would not fancy sitting on either of those for 90 minutes.

As a comparison Webberbus also run a Taunton-Minehead service (18). Not as frequent and not allowed into Butlins, and doesn't serve Taunton Station so misses the lucrative traffic, but run by 09 plate Enviro 300s.

The sooner the West Somerset Railway manage to run a Monday & Friday only Taunton to Minehead train, only needs a DMU the better, even I might not have driven down. It was definately the ride on the First Bus that put me off using public transport

winston

Tony,

You obviously never saw First's latest offering for Butlins, Minehead, the X28 Limited Stop coach service (Mon & Fri)

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/bristol_bath/travel_news/news_initiatives/?item=6591&conf=0

I believe its operated by a 12 year old well worn former NX coach X19?HFB Volvo/Paragon ex Cyrmu

Quote from: Tony on August 03, 2012, 09:32:47 PM
It could be worse, I have just been staying for a few days in 'First' Territory, well it should be, but Webberbus operate much better services with much better buses!

The only service First now run to Minehead is the 28 to Taunton which carries all the Butlins traffic. Normal vehicles used on the 28 are 10 year old B7L/Wright Eclipse 60910-60918 which should be perfectly acceptable vehicles as they have been modified with extra luggage racks for the holiday traffic, but the condition is awful with more mismatched livery panels than the worst NXWM. Branding for when they were new in York still visible on a couple and the interiors looking worse for wares. On Butlins changeover days (Mon & Fri) They are supplemented by a couple of 16 year old Olympians (34063/4) which actually look in better condition and are probably the best vehicles used on the route, remember this route is 90 minutes long collecting people off the train at Taunton and delivering them direct to Butlins so a lot of people are on for the full hour and a half!

First's showed their colours on a couple of days though when I saw a 12 year old ex London Marshall bodied dart which probably have the worst leg room of any bus, and on another were using a T reg ALX300 dart. Now I would not fancy sitting on either of those for 90 minutes.

As a comparison Webberbus also run a Taunton-Minehead service (18). Not as frequent and not allowed into Butlins, and doesn't serve Taunton Station so misses the lucrative traffic, but run by 09 plate Enviro 300s.

The sooner the West Somerset Railway manage to run a Monday & Friday only Taunton to Minehead train, only needs a DMU the better, even I might not have driven down. It was definately the ride on the First Bus that put me off using public transport

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk