News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Catch The Bus Week 2015

Started by Stu, June 22, 2015, 08:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Network West Midlands are giving away free 1-day nBus tickets, and there's a chance to win a free 4-week nBus ticket:
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/ctbw/

Also, as reported in the Central Buses thread, passengers on the X73 service between Tamworth Estates and Birmingham can claim a free one-week ticket for use next week:
http://www.tamworthherald.co.uk/Free-bus-travel-Birmingham-Tamworth-commuters/story-26742767-detail/story.html

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Cheese

Quote from: Stu on June 22, 2015, 08:19:45 PM
Network West Midlands are giving away free 1-day nBus tickets, and there's a chance to win a free 4-week nBus ticket:
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/ctbw/

Also, as reported in the Central Buses thread, passengers on the X73 service between Tamworth Estates and Birmingham can claim a free one-week ticket for use next week:
http://www.tamworthherald.co.uk/Free-bus-travel-Birmingham-Tamworth-commuters/story-26742767-detail/story.html

Signed up for the free ticket - what you actually get is a 1 day nNetwork ticket, can be used on any day in July (it comes with the year and month already scratched off).  So not just restricted to the bus, and not to just any day within the Catch the Bus Week!

Will it make me use the bus more - not really, but handy for a day of bashing I suppose!

Stu

Mine came in the post today, only just noticed that it is an nNetwork ticket! It is correct though, that it can only be used in July 2015, as the month and year have already been scratched off. Still, can treat myself to a nice day out sometime next month!
My locals:

Bryan

Quote from: Cheese on June 24, 2015, 07:52:41 PM
Signed up for the free ticket - what you actually get is a 1 day nNetwork ticket, can be used on any day in July (it comes with the year and month already scratched off).  So not just restricted to the bus, and not to just any day within the Catch the Bus Week!

Will it make me use the bus more - not really, but handy for a day of bashing I suppose!

Mine arrived on Friday.

Will it make me use public transport more, no, but I always use the bus or train whenever I can and it has tempted me to try the Midlands Metro to Wolverhampton, a place I've only ever passed through on a train.

domino.99

Quote from: Bryan on June 29, 2015, 06:35:08 PM
Mine arrived on Friday.

Will it make me use public transport more, no, but I always use the bus or train whenever I can and it has tempted me to try the Midlands Metro to Wolverhampton, a place I've only ever passed through on a train.

Still waiting for mine, how long did it take to arrive?

Stu

They were being sent out via 1st Class post, so shouldn't take more than a couple of days to arrive.

Looks like the offer has now ended though.

My locals:

Bryan

Quote from: Dom on June 29, 2015, 07:08:39 PM
Still waiting for mine, how long did it take to arrive?
I applied for mine late evening on Wednesday 24 June and it arrived Friday 26 June, even though it was by 2nd class post.

Can I say many thanks to @Stu for pointing out the offer.

karl724223

All gone according to web site now

Bryan

Does anyone know where to buy one of the nNetwork tickets for a days travel? I received one of the free ones and really enjoyed a day out. When it came to buying another one for the future though I drew a blank in Birmingham, with nobody able in the New Street travel centre able to say where to get one.

the trainbasher

You can buy them on the day on bus, train or tram.

£6.80 off peak weekdays, all day weekends
£8.00 all day weekdays I believe

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stu

Quote from: Bryan on July 07, 2015, 07:38:39 PM
Does anyone know where to buy one of the nNetwork tickets for a days travel? I received one of the free ones and really enjoyed a day out. When it came to buying another one for the future though I drew a blank in Birmingham, with nobody able in the New Street travel centre able to say where to get one.

http://tickets.networkwestmidlands.co.uk/ct_ticketsearch.aspx?brand=nnetwork&zone=all

£8.10 for an all day ticket, or £6.40 for a day ticket with train travel after 9:30am.

Buy on bus, from a staffed rail station, or the New Street or Wolverhampton Bus Station information centres.

My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk