News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva Midlands Bus Reviews/Opinions thread

Started by Alex, March 20, 2015, 09:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Same principle as the NX and Diamond review threads.         

I'll start this off with the bus i'm on now, 3723:   Nice and comfortable, fast going down the first section of the A449, hell of a beast!    7/10

Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

danny

Well I'd like to try out the sapphire routes... Particularly the wright streetlites on the 1/2/2A, can anyone recommend the better ticket to purchase so I'm not spending a small fortune.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

the trainbasher

@danny well if you live in zone, you can use a nbus on it

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

danny

Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Ashley 60171

Is this a good choice of thread to start given its main potential contributor ;)

Bob

If ive been on a vus and its good, id say so. Like 4202 yesterday,  and fj55 bwd a few days ago. If id been on one and it was awful eg 3703, ill say so. I dont particularly care if anybodys got an issue with that either way to be brutally frank....

LiamthebusGuy

I'm going to cut to the chase, a while ago I was on a 68 toward Cannock, it was a Dart (AAAARRRRGGGHHHH) and I was sat on the rear set of seats (5 abreast) on the centre seat. I don't know what was up but the seat had no screws in it. Every time the driver hit the brakes the seat went siding forward. After the FIFTH time of this happening I decided to move seats. Don't know why I didn't think of that before...

ATTENTION ARRIVA WEDNESFIELD: Your buses are absolutely AWFUL please, please, please stop torturing the public and buy some DECENT vehicles...

N.B. Everyone is welcome to their opinion.

Alex

Quote from: Liam on March 31, 2015, 05:58:20 PM
I'm going to cut to the chase, a while ago I was on a 68 toward Cannock, it was a Dart (AAAARRRRGGGHHHH) and I was sat on the rear set of seats (5 abreast) on the centre seat. I don't know what was up but the seat had no screws in it. Every time the driver hit the brakes the seat went siding forward. After the FIFTH time of this happening I decided to move seats. Don't know why I didn't think of that before...

ATTENTION ARRIVA WEDNESFIELD: Your buses are absolutely AWFUL please, please, please stop torturing the public and buy some DECENT vehicles...

@Liam, the 68 is run by Cannock, not Wednesfield.
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

Trident 4609

Quote from: Liam on March 31, 2015, 05:58:20 PM

One slight problem with your story, Arriva Wednesfield do not operate the 68, Cannock do.

Bob

And cannocks are usually so well maintained. ...:-p

LiamthebusGuy

Quote from: Nathan on March 31, 2015, 06:01:53 PM
One slight problem with your story, Arriva Wednesfield do not operate the 68, Cannock do.

SORRY, MY MISTAKE Wrong garage.

Alex

2277:

Not as bad as 2160, but by no means a brilliant bus. Sluggish and jolty don't make a good combination, plus it needs a refurb as some seats have one moquette, and others have another

4/10

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Alex on June 07, 2015, 10:23:37 AM
2277:

Not as bad as 2160, but by no means a brilliant bus. Sluggish and jolty don't make a good combination, plus it needs a refurb as some seats have one moquette, and others have another

4/10

Used to weave about abit on the 76 plus many rattles but there are worse for that.

Bob

Saw one of the allegedly 'extremely tidy & reliable' ex Shrewsbury cadets on the 76 yesterday.  Its interior looked really naff faded and threadbare.  Im pretty sure it was the same one that was broken down at an angle blocking the road in penkridge the other friday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk